• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Return to Termina?

Maybe this new one could invovle the old Link forgetting the masks behind when he left and the new DarkLink finding the FD mask where he plans to take down the ruler of Termina

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I also think that, if this is going to take place in Termina, moreover 10 years later, that there should be more areas to explore, e.g. more towns and the like.

I also think it would be interesting if you could see how people changed, as in Ocarina of Time, over the decade. Furthermore, I think some of the same characters should be kept, whilst introducing new ones, some which may be related to the old ones. Just an idea.

There should really be more areas to discover. And I also believe that it should take place later on. Maybe 100 years or more. Maybe termina could be threatened by an invasion from an evil force from a nearby "land". Moreover I think it would be really interesting if Link had to do some time travelling to get some clues and to be able to prevent a disaster (maybe he could use a harp or something ;))

Time travel ? Oh no......Time travel makes my head hurt...
And if it was 100 years it would be legend, and i was thinknig maybe the oot link would somehow have a role in this game?

There should really be more areas to discover. And I also believe that it should take place later on. Maybe 100 years or more. Maybe termina could be threatened by an invasion from an evil force from a nearby "land". Moreover I think it would be really interesting if Link had to do some time travelling to get some clues and to be able to prevent a disaster (maybe he could use a harp or something ;))
If it were an invasion, they could make it more of the Garo, perhaps.

(No, I'm not just pushing the idea of Ikana being more involved. The Garo were from another land, even though the ones you fought died while in Ikana.)

My vote would have to be for a prequel. Most questions that people have regarding Majora's Mask is how something came to be the way it is. So why not answer those questions? Like I stated in a previous post, the main character could maybe be a Link-like character who eventually becomes the Fierce Diety by being granted some sort of power, then to rid himself of the evil power he finds a way to put it into a mask. The main boss, maybe Majora, could be living this time. It would be kool to see Majora grant you these powers, then when you realize they are evil and begin to take over your mind, the same way you put them into the FD mask would eventually be the way you seal Majora inside a mask as well after defeating him/her.

Even if it wasn't using this same plot, a prequel could answer these same kind of questions. Who was Majora? Who was the Fierce Diety? How did their powers become sealed within a mask? What group led to the destruction of the Ikana Kingdom/construction of the Stone Tower? Personally, I would rather know all of this while exploring a larger Termina than build onto the already confusing questions yet to be answered with a sequel.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

100 years after Majora's Mask is TP... so there would be a clash... as DL said, a prequel would be awesome, maybe with Minish cap link(for the believers of the fact that it is the first on the timeline)

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
I know the last post in this thread was way back in 2009, but I just have to bump this. I'd love to see another adventure based in Termina, and MrMosley has the best idea so far in this thread.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
That sounds like a very interesting LoZ game if Nintendo made a game like that I would go out and buy it even if I don't have the system to play it.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Well, now that I think about it, I would like to add to the idea :P The best way I can present this would be in specific points. Here it goes:

Console
In my opinion, I would like to see the return to Termina be presented on either the Wii or the WiiU, probably the latter with current development. The motion controls of the wii, again, in my opinion, make you feel more connected to the game, like you're actually Link, and that's just with the Twilight Princess method of flicking your wrist. I would like the new game to take on a feel of Skyward Sword, with more in depth combat, but with added magic characteristics. Plus, the DS games weren't all that hard, so I wouldn't want system limitations to ruin the game.

Story Information
150 years before the events of MM, Termina and Hyrule were very close. Both nations worshiped the three Goddesses, Din, Nayru, and Farore. One day, a traveler from the regions north of Ikana wandered into the kingdom. This traveler was strange, quite different in the physical appearance of the Terminans and the Hylians. This traveler was the demon Majora. Seeing the great land of Termina sprawled out before him from the highest point of Ikana Hill, Majora knew that this was his kingdom for the taking. Teaching the Terminans that he was the ruler, his pagan ways spread across the kingdom. A great tower was erected at the point where he first entered Termina, and that tower became to be known as Stone Tower, housing a temple worshiping the great might of Majora. Angered by Majora's actions, the Goddesses sent a hero to vanquish the demon. That hero was Link. Although, Link was young and feeble minded at the time. Sensing the Goddesses' intentions, Majora took Link as an apprentice, trying to alter his destiny. After 10 years of training, Link was strong and beloved by the Terminans who worshiped Majora, while he was hated by the small group who remained faithful to the Goddesses. Unwisely, Majora sent Link to convert these people to the belief in Majora. The opposite happened, they managed to bring Link back to the side of the Goddesses, the side of Light. With the Fierce Deity power entrusted to him by Majora, Link vanquished the demon and used his own power to seal both of them into masks. With no demon left to worship, the Terminans turned back to the Goddesses. The people took the two masks and hid them, putting Link (in the form of a mask) in a shrine, and Majora's Mask in another shrine. After the events in the game, Majora's Mask is stolen by the Dark Tribe and used in their hexing rituals.

World
In this game, the overworld would be much larger than that of Majora's Mask, and with more variance. The four main directions would remain though, with Woodfall to the South, Ikana to the East, Snowhead to the North, and Great Bay to the West. Each area would be expanded, and not so populated as it is in MM. Also, Clock Town wouldn't be founded yet, and there would be many villages scattered around the large Termina Field and the four regions.

This would be my ideal game. Any thoughts, comments, changes?

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
Yeah, nice idea! It would be really fun to discover Termina again. I wonder how everything would look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom