• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Red Tunic Confirmed?

Well maybe reposting this will change your mind.

247473_10150319078368294_82676373293_9720264_6339357_n.jpg

i think that shot is from the trailer to isnt it? but ive looked at it several times and only 80% of the time its red the others it looks green so im gueesing its the lighting but im almost sure we will see different tunics.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
i think that shot is from the trailer to isnt it? but ive looked at it several times and only 80% of the time its red the others it looks green so im gueesing its the lighting but im almost sure we will see different tunics.

Maybe we will, maybe we won't, but I doubt we'll see a fire tunic, as Link is in a fire dungeon with lava and is wearing his normal tunic, just like in Twilight Princess. If there's a water dungeon, we'll probably see a blue tunic of sorts, but I'm having my doubts on that, as King Zora made the Zora Armor (which is the same as the Zora Tunic) specifically for the hero. (Then again, KZ already had one ready in OoT, and Link never became the Hero of Time on the Child Timeline, so...) Hm. Maybe we'll see the origin of the Zora Armor in Skyward Sword.

I've seen someone else suggest this, and I'm kind of surprised at it. I never once thought it looked red. (But maybe that's just me.)

Anyway, here's a clear shot of it:

After seeing this picture, I'm positive the tunic is green. However, something to note is the bombs lining the walls. Perhaps you use those to defeat this baddie? That would be interesting; trying to run from him and throw bombs at him. It would be like Dodongo, but difficult.:P Anyway, this battle (and game, for that matter) look amazing no matter what the color of Link's tunic is. I can't wait.

L

leftyrock91

Also in that pic, it looks like the boss is inside a creature. Because you can see ribs on the upper left part of the picture. Just noticed that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
After seeing this picture, I'm positive the tunic is green. However, something to note is the bombs lining the walls. Perhaps you use those to defeat this baddie? That would be interesting; trying to run from him and throw bombs at him. It would be like Dodongo, but difficult.:P Anyway, this battle (and game, for that matter) look amazing no matter what the color of Link's tunic is. I can't wait.

I'm calling this thing a Fire Rocktite, as it's chasing Link and there are bombs along the path, very similar to how the sequences with the Rocktites worked in Spirit Tracks.

Last edited:

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Also in that pic, it looks like the boss is inside a creature. Because you can see ribs on the upper left part of the picture. Just noticed that.

That's just the Architecture of the dungeon, like in Dodongo's Cavern, and the Goron Mines from Twilight Princess.

Although I, too, am positive the tunic in question is green, but not "seeing Link wear a red tunic [before]" (or whatever kind of fire/heat resistant tunic) in a possibly mocked up-esque demo version of the game is not always a good thing to go by. They could just have Link dress in his normal green garb in this fire-based setting during the mock-up, as to avoid revealing (spoiling, sorta) the red (Once again: or whatever kind of fire/heat resistant) tunic. In the actual game, we may very well recieve a red(?) fire/heat resistant tunic particularly for this fire-based setting, but who knows... :yes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wolf Sage is right, the demo could just be there for show and, for all we know, a red (fire resistant/lava/whatever) tunic could make its way into SS. It wouldn't make sense for one NOT to, given that part of Skyward Sword's recent hype involves its upgrade system.

hurray for 1k post! :D

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I've seen someone else suggest this, and I'm kind of surprised at it. I never once thought it looked red. (But maybe that's just me.)

Anyway, here's a clear shot of it:
Thanks JJ for the pic.

I noticed this as well. It looks like there's a back-bone and then ribs. ^^ Cool!

J

jack-o-lantern

I sure do hope that we get multiple tunics. By the way, we have seen blue and red tunics already in Skyward Sword. I'm not saying that this confirms anything, but it's something. I have the feeling that Link gets his green tunic like the guy on the left, so it's possible. If you pause at around 0:18, you will see that each of the three bird riders have a tunic that matches the color of smoke they are trailing. Sure is interesting.;)

[video=youtube;jzatNtinHsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzatNtinHsE[/video]

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Wolf Sage is right, the demo could just be there for show and, for all we know, a red (fire resistant/lava/whatever) tunic could make its way into SS. It wouldn't make sense for one NOT to, given that part of Skyward Sword's recent hype involves its upgrade system.

hurray for 1k post! :D

I also think the Stamina Meter is a good reason why it should and will be in. I imagine the fire areas and water areas will drain extra stamina. For them (tunics), I believe it is a point which is already positively true and will make it into the game. Whether it's a simple red and blue tunic, I don't know. In fact, I don't think it will be.

geek4887

The Unknown
Hmm, I would've said "Jabu-Jabu!" but no, it's a fire dungeon. Who or what could that be then?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I also think the Stamina Meter is a good reason why it should and will be in. I imagine the fire areas and water areas will drain extra stamina. For them (tunics), I believe it is a point which is already positively true and will make it into the game. Whether it's a simple red and blue tunic, I don't know. In fact, I don't think it will be.

Environmental effects? I like it! Kinda like in Monster Hunter where a hot place makes you loose health (That then restores if you are out of the heat) and cold places make your samina deplete quicker and recharge slower. SS should have that (but not the same) and you could get different tunics for each. I just want to see link in an eskimo coat! (-'w'-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom