• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Real-Time Bottle Use: Yay or Nay?

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
I prefer real time bottle use, it felt much more immersive and intuitive experience, some thing which I think greatly benifits the Zelda series.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I say yay to real time bottle use. Beyond being realistic, it just adds a layer of intensity and quick thinking – something I like in certain situations. With a few tweakings here and there, I'm sure RTBU could become a lot better than in SS. Maybe a little less delay time in between selecting the bottle and being able to drink (it isn't instant), or maybe just removing the drink option entirely and making it automatical on selection.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Real Time seems more appropriate for the game, I kind of found it little annoying that there was a cutscene for bottle use. It's not a Twixt Moment!

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Yay. I liked it, it was harder and realistic, and made the game more difficult which is good.

Maffiline

nirorlei
I loved it. I find it really easy for me to run around in a boss battle and drink a potion at the same time, while in the old way where it stopped you for a moment so you could drink, for some reason I always pulled them out at the wrong time and as soon as I'm done, I would be attacked and my hearts would go down.
So I like the new way better with running around to use a potion.

one of my problems with Zelda games is that the action always get cut off and of staff like drinking a medicine, and i really like how did handled in SS. beats the old games by far for me

I'm a bit indifferent to real-time bottle usage. Sure, it was a neat idea, but I wouldn't mind if Nintendo were to return to the pause action thing in future Zelda titles.

I kinda liked it. Yeah, pausing everything to drink your potion is more convenient, but I kinda liked having to run away while drinking. But I also never died while drinking, so it didn't annoy me as much.

Zarom

The King
I thought it was awesome. I liked the fact that you didn't have to pause the game to equip your items in SS. It felt much more intuitive.

I didn't mind the real time bottle use as much as I hated trying to get the bottle equiped while running around avoiding being hit and then akwardly trying to hit the tiny minus button in order to use it. Thats what I hated most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom