• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Fig

The Altruist
Just finished watching A Quiet Place Part 2 and damn do they know how to make the sequel even better in my opinion. I'm starting to realize I just have a thing for humanity being endangered and trying to survive by any means. 9/10.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Godzilla vs Kong - 7/10

The main draw is the two titans finally going at it, and it was enjoyable. The plot isn't that great and I agree with these films they need to cut out the human scenes and just let us get the monster action.

I am satisfied that Godzilla won though, and while Kong was crucial in beating Mecha-Godzilla, I think the take away is Godzilla is just slightly more powerful than Kong and if they were ever to face off again, Zilla would win. Zilla is the true King of Monsters, and I like this. I suppose Kong not trying to challenge Zilla, and throwing down his axe after MechaGodzilla was defeated is Kong's way of accepting defeat.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The House With a Clock in Its Walls - 4/10

It's acceptable if you don't expect much, I would not recommend anyone to watch it though. Jack Black's performance is the highlight of the film, but even he couldn't save this lackluster movie.

Gladiator - 8/10

At this point it's a classic, great movie all around with an interesting plot.
The ending is good but I always find myself wishing that Maximus managed to escape and reunited with his army to retake Rome that way, and then had a 1 on 1 battle with Commodus. But I suppose the way the movie does end is more peaceful and has less casualties.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Black Widow - 10/10

I will be honest I was a little worried that this movie wasn't going to be good and I kind of wish that this movie came out much earlier in the MCU timeline of movie releases but it was really great to see this character again. I thought the plotline was good, there were so many funny scenes in this movie and it was action packed. I can't wait until I can watch it (for free) on Disney+.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I got a series of movies here.

Lucky

This was a solid premise for a movie and I really think it was close to being an important movie. But I think this movie struggles in trying to define its meaning and establishing its reality. I think it wants to say a lot about feminism and the female experience, and I admit it does a solid job of establishing those themes, but it really loses itself by placing fully autonomous characters in a surreal world. The main character is hardly fazed by being teleported to a parking garage of serial killers but questions suddenly appearing outside her home moments later.

I absolutely hate having this take but I do think this movie would have a stronger message if it were to focus on an experience over "men are bad". The latter is such a large theme that I think its hard to cover in a single movie, and a theme of trauma better conveys its themes and better matches with the actions of the police/relatives. But I, again, struggle with this take as a man and understanding this move through a male lens. A second issue I had was the main character directly contradicts against the theme of the movie, but faces no repercussions for this stance (the individual over unity). While others are punished by the main character choosing to focus on herself, she is never shown to be wrong in any way despite the movie hammering in an idea of female unity in order to survive.

Overall 6/10.

Jennifer's Body

I wanted to enjoy and appreciate this movie as a new feminist film, and appreciate it despite its original release. But I just simply disagree with it as a feminist film about assault, when I would argue that is exactly why its not about feminism. While the plot of the film is kicked off by this theme of violence towards women, the movie focuses on female coming of age and women coming to understand their sexuality and growth over any issues against women. Jennifer becoming a monster may be a result of men taking advantage of women, but her "evilness" is clearly prevalent since before her transformation. Her actions and targets are seemingly unrelated to her transformation, but because of her being a toxic friend.

I enjoyed this movie as a narrative of female coming of age and expressing how friendships can be toxic. Some details the viewer is expected just to accept despite no explanation, so that certainly weakens it.

7/10

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Killer Clowns in Outerspace 3/10, it was not good at all.. it was pretty terrible.
I can totally see why people wouldn’t like it, but for me, Killer Klowns From Outer Space is a great movie because it’s so terrible! It’s so over the top goofy for a horror film and that’s what makes that movie the cult smash hit that it is!

The last movie that I watched was The Changeling. Pretty decent gothic horror film with a mystery element surrounding what happened in a boarded up room discovered by tenant when he moves into his new home.

7.5/10. Editing was a bit choppy and transitions in some places could have been smoother, but definitely worth your time.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop - 7/10

I watched this yesterday on Netflix, and it was pretty good! The plot was really cute, the artstyle is amazing, and all the characters are so well designed. I wish they could've delved into the main characters' relationship more, because it seemed like they had just met each other and then they fell in love, but overall it was really cute and sweet and a perfect movie to just relax to.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Mitchells Vs. The Machines 8.5/10. I could relate to Katie Mitchell a lot, and I really liked the interactions between her and her dad. It was a very charming film, with great animation and comedy. Definitely a fun and heartwarming movie.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Who Can Kill A Child (¿Quién Puede Matar a Un Niño?).

Was a pretty decent Children of the Corn style film. Mostly about a couple who plan to stay on a small island in a foreign country. They arrive on the island only to find that the children are not behaving as one would expect.

As far old horror cult films go, this one was alright. It was a little slow to get going, but once it finally got past the setup and into the actual story, it was pretty engaging. Overall, 7/10.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
The last movie I watched was the Rebellion movie from the Madoka Magica series. I would rate it a 9/10, I really enjoyed the movie and while I know that the ending was controversial to some people I guess it made a little bit of sense. I really loved the imagery and the soundtrack too.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Good Will Hunting - 9/10
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 10/10

Robin Williams and Jim Carrey are both brilliant in these movies, respectively.

Fig

The Altruist
Recently watched Jungle Cruise and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings. Both are very solid and definitely are worth the watch for entertainment purposes. Both are getting 9/10 from me.

End of Watch - 9/10

one of my favorite films of recent times jake gyllenhaul is a really underrated actor imo really pulls you into the two main characters due to the way its filmed as a personal blog.

end always hits me hard

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
finally watched Solo: A Star Wars Story

It was fine, I certainly liked it more than rogue one. I thought Lando's sassy robot friend was a bit weird, in a "I'm certain someone somewhere fantasizes about this character" kind of way. Otherwise it's just another thing to watch if you like Star Wars, some pretty good fanservice moments

Darth Maul threw me in for big loop, I never watched the cartoon network shows but I know he's in them, but still seeing him back is wild, the scene only lasts like 2 minutes which is a shame though still, what an impression

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
Ip Man
Rating: R for violence. Very good movie. Kinda sad, tho. Don't think all's well in the end, there's a sequel.
Ip Man 2
Rating: R for violence. Keep in mind racial tensions are not this terrible during the present day while watching this movie. Also, there's a sequel to this, too, which is already foreshadowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom