• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The Big Gay Musical

Perfect satire of the story of creation. Through the musical “Adam and Steve—Just The Way God Made ‘em”, the play within the movie reflects the struggles that the actors are dealing with in their personal lives and manages to be comedic and somewhat cliched, without dipping into being overly camp. The vocals are pretty decent for what was probably a low budget film, and the actors themselves did a pretty great job of making the characters (for the most part) feel believable.

Solid 7.5/10. The cliches are forgivable since the movie is mostly just a fun experience. Would definitely recommend.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Waterworld - 7/10

Mad Max meets Pirates of the Caribbean meets Indiana Jones meets Treasure Planet meets The Day After Tomorrow? Interesting to see so many movies draw inspiration from one another.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Paranormal Activity: the ghost dimension 2/10.
Only 2 stars because the little girl did a good job acting and because of some effects.
Seriously?? The whole time the parents know what the demon wants. It's been told many many times and by the end of the movie the mother STILL asks her daughter what she's talking about when she tells her "he's set free." This one has a bit more action than the other ones but the concept is still the same and it gets very old now. But hey, I had some entertainment this afternoon while it's dark and grey outside :P

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Thirteen Ghosts

It was ok, it's a silly remake of an already silly movie. Matthew Lillard is great, though.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Unhinged 2/10

This review is in spoilers because I couldn't share my thoughts on it without actively discussing the plot.
The beginning had an interesting premise: Russel Crowe is unhinged after his wife divorced him and he's angry with the world. He is then angered by a woman while driving and decides to ruin her life as he waits for the police to catch him and commit suicide via cops. But it lacks any logic or reasoning behind any action. The main character actively goes out of her way it feels like to not report the crime to the cops. Especially early in the beginner before he has any of her family or friends hostage. It wants to act as though the characters are helpless or in places without help while actively being in a crowded city (there is legitimately a scene of the main character trying to alert neighboring cars in traffic by waving her arms and screaming while Russel Crowe bashes into her car in the back or a dispatcher informing her that police can't help while she's being pursued because "there was an accident (caused by Russel Crowe) that the police were dealing with). It's so nonsensical and nobody acts as they would in the real world. No way in hell does an unarmed man slowly kill a guy in a crowded diner and just walk out without a single person stopping him. Crowe himself isn't given much explanation for his actions other than "his wife divorced him and he was upset."

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Jeruzalem 0/10. Horrible movie. This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. No explanation why things happened. Main character is extremely annoying and the main definition of stupidity in the flesh. I can't get myself to even give it 1 star. -10/10 would be a better option.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Speed Racer (2008) - 4/10

Trash overall, but the ending race sequences were pretty cool.

Ghost in the Shell (1995) - Great movie that still holds up. The action, music, and story have all aged remarkably well. I enjoy the philosophical aspects of what it means to be human and a program wanting to reproduce and die. But I thought the movie is a little too heavy on dialogue during its philosophical sequences. 8/10

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Princess Mononoke.
9.5/10
I saw a thing for this movie that had a wolf on it, and that's what grabbed my attention to it.
It was... Far beyond what I expected. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't a beautiful commentary on human nature that struck close to what I've been going through. I don't know how to really express that because I need time to think things into words (And it's midnight so...) This was an amazing movie and it moved me. I haven't been this emotionally affected by any piece of media in a while. Some of the demon bits were a little too graphic for me, but it was still great.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Princess Mononoke - 9/10

Should be called "Princess Ashitaka" because there was a certain lack of Mononoke throughout the film. But it was a good watch through and through, even with the rushed ending.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Sicario - 9/10
Sicario: Day of the Soldado - 8/10

Got my gritty federal agency fix with both of these films.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
The Secret Life of Pets 2
I remember liking the first one a lot. This one wasn't bad, but it severely lacked focus. Instead of 1 main plotline, there were 3 separate ones. They did somewhat connect in the end, but it felt a bit forced. It had it's funny moments, but it didn't really feel like 1 movie, more like 2 different movies and 1 tv-episode that got cut together into 1...
6/10

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend

Master-9/10.
Thalapathy, despite being 40+ looks very young! Sadly I wasn't able to watch it in theatre:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom