• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Just spent the evening watching There Will Be Blood starring Daniel Day Lewis. Phenomenal acting courtesy of Daniel Day. Words simply cannot describe.

10 Milkshakes out of 10

Dark Knight Rises on blu-ray, probably the worst superhero film out this year for me, but its not bad by any means considering we have had Amazing Spiderman and Avengers Assemble. DKR for me was hit and miss, some scenes were great, other were just meh and felt as if they stumbled around before they finished, the constant referencing of Charles ****ens novels, particularly 'A Tale of Two Cities' pretty much drowned the original ideas the film did have which wasn't helped by the quoted monologue at the end of the film. Being a Bat-fan i also knew what some of the characters were going to do and wasn't surprised when the unexpected happened, but that is hardly the fault of the film. I don't like Hathaway as Catwoman (thankfully they never really called her Catwoman) but the always awesome Tom Hardy was a joy as Bane.

7/10 for me.

Men In Black 3: It was a pretty good movie actually, not as good as the first one but far better than the second one. It had some laughs in-between but the story was actually the movies strong point. I usually hate the idea of time travel but the way they implemented it was pretty good for a comedy movie overall. There's a really good plot point at the end that revolves around J, almost made me shed a nerd tear.. Aside from all that I couldn't really focus on all the summer blockbusters this year because none of them could match up to The Dark Knight Rises (in my opinion) but still, a nice little comedic sci-fi gem.

8/10

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
Men In Black 3. 8/10. It's a great Men In Black movie, and it has a twist at the end (which I will not divulge), but the ending gets kinda cheesy at the last second, spoiling the touching part right before it.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey gets an enthusiastic four stars out of four, for wonderfully managing to capture the whimsical tone of the novel while still managing to create a thoroughly engaging and exciting adventure film, with all its meandering and wandering.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 10/10
Ranking fourth for me this year in a year of exceptional films. Once again a faithful recreation of Tolkein's Middle Earth.
Wondrous action set pieces, brilliant CGI, exceptional acting and fantastic cinematography and conceptual design bring Middle Earth to life in outstanding fashion!

There is no better choice for Bilbo Baggins than Martin Freeman, and Richard Armitage is exceptional as Thorin. All the dwarves are lovingly portrayed.

The film mixes the light hearted tone of the book with Middle Earths characteristic dark drama. Bilbo is a perfect blend of competent hero and figurative "fish out of water."

Throw in one angry orc and his blood thirsty legion, scores of angry goblins, and a few Storm Giants and you've got one helluva wild ride!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Just got back from seeing this. I'm not really a fan of Tolkien's stuff and only went to go see the movie because I was asked and it was free (knowing people who work in cinemas is the way forward). Despite that, I really, really enjoyed the film, more than any of the Lord of the Rings films, actually. Like, it was really fun. Great action, great visuals, great performances and genuinely funny at times too. It certainly did not feel like a 3-hour long movie.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't like Tolkien and thought this film was brilliant. If you do like Tolkien you are going to fall in love with it.

8/10

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I had some lingering doubts about this movie. I thought that it'd deliver a totally different feel than the LotR series did (which isn't necessarily a BAD thing, mind you, just...different), but to my complete amaze, I got the EXACT SAME FEELS as before. The feels? An EPIC ADVENTURE IN STORE. There was one little scene where I saw the camera wiggle as if it were recorded by hand, but that was only minor badness. Otherwise? Amazing flow, amazing wits...and man when Thorin told Bilbo that he was wrong...I teared up not even joking. Despite Jackson reusing much of the LotR OST (don't care if he had it redone it or not), I think it was great nonetheless.

9.9/10 (because of the camera thingy I mentioned)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom