• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Fallout: New Vegas
A great game hampered by an incompetent gamer. Was a lot of fun when I'd actually play it, but I kinda fell out of the habit and that made it harder to get back into. I did an independent New Vegas run, and after not playing for like a month I finally decided I needed to wrap it up so I headed to Hoover Dam. That section when alright, but then I could NOT get past the Legate Lanius fight, and finally caved and did some research, and found out that I was pretty underleveled. I will be revisiting it sometime with intentions to sink a LOT more time into it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1000000736.jpg

Helldivers 2 has been one of a few games absolutely consuming my idle gaming hours. It's the satirical hyper-fascism of the first Starship Troopers film in video game form. It's the ODST that Halo never gave us.

9.5/10.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Another Code: Recollection
Not bad at all. I get why it’s so well loved. The controls could have used a little more polish, and I think Journey into Lost Memories suffers a bit from trying to tell 3 separate, basically disconnected stories at once, but I definitely enjoyed what I played. Hopefully the Kyle Hyde games get the remake treatment next because I really want to give Hotel Dusk another shot. 7/10

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
Ocarina of Time: 9.5/10
Amazing, there's a reason this is the poster child of the Zelda franchise. The dungeons were great, and even when you get stuck, if you just keep working at it, you'll beat it. For example, it took me FOREVER to beat a Stalfos in the Forest Temple, but by the time I got to Ganon's Castle, it took me less than 30 seconds. the final battle is amazing and memorable, every boss battle is great and I remember all of them distinctly. The story is classic and timeless, as is the entire game: classic and timeless.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Nier: Automata - 9/10

It's among the most satisfying gameplay experiences that I've ever had. The story and soundtrack being fantastic too rounds this game into a non-stop thrill. It's no wonder it was a Game of the Year nominee in 2017. I cannot recommend it enough.

Life is Strange - 8/10

It surprised me. The rewind mechanic of the game was a lot of fun to play around with, but it alone wouldn't have been able to carry the game. The character interactions and story remain suspenseful throughout, so I can forgive certain things like the game being pretty short, or that there weren't that many puzzles that were challenging. The story is just that good, and since its the focus of these games anyway, it's the most important part to judge. I thought I had everything figured out, but the curveball that got thrown at the end of episode 4 and the beginning of episode 5 I didn't see coming.

Last edited:

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Persona 4 Golden

Haven't binged a game like I did P4G in a long while. I think I really get the series' appeal now. It hits a lot of the right notes for me overall, and offers one of my favorite casts in any RPG I've played. If I had any gripes, it's that the dungeons were overall not great, with a few gem exceptions thrown in. But turning down the difficulty and breezing through 'em made it more or less a nonissue. Otherwise, I really have nothing else negative to say. Banger music, great vibes, and a solid story to boot. I'll definitely be checking out the other games at some point.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Dragon's Dogma 2.

Like the first game this is a bit of a weird one. It's mechanically fun, but can often be obtuse in its design or frustrating it's repetition. It's got some great combat and exploration mechanics, especially the returning ability to cling monsters, but that combat is often pushed to the point of repetition by the incessant and respawning monster encounters.

The plot is also way up its own butt. It takes a bit, but it feels very meta in its relation to the first game.

It's a playthrough in progress, but I'd give it an 8/10 so far.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Chrono Trigger
Excellent game. Certainly the best of the SNES era JRPGs I’ve played. One of my only real complaints are that the art design of the individual locations (and to a lesser extent the overworld too) cause movement feels tedious at times. There were multiple times where I got completely stuck because the path looked like it had a dead end or a passage to the next room in a cave was camouflaged against the wall. Apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed this game. 9/10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom