• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Queen Zelda

Not sure if a thread has been made like this before, but it's something that has always bugged me.

Where the heck is the Queen of Hyrule ?

I don't think I've ever seen her mentioned in any game, is she? The closest thing I can think of is Tetra's mother being mentioned.

If we know every princess is named Zelda, and the majority of Zeldas presumably grow up to rule Hyrule, why is a Queen Zelda (and King Link? hehe) never mentioned?

I personally don't have any theories as it really just seems like one of those real mysterious for no reason things.

Where do you think Queen Zelda is hiding in each game?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I could have sworn that Zelda was supposed to be coronated as Queen in Twilight Princess, but that is the Princess character, not so much the Princess' mother. I would propose that she is dead in each game, as the king is typically mentioned yet nothing of the queen, like ever.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Maybe every Zelda who has a baby dies in childbirth. Pretty depressing and based on nothing but a silly thought just now from reading this thread, but it would explain why Zelda's mother never shows up.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Zelda has never had a mother, and Link has never had parents of any kind that i know of, he's had like an uncle twice. Maybe its something they do to make the characters easier to relate to, and is often used as a cheap plot device by lack of adding something, we want to notice what is missing, and with out them having to write anything more and infact by doing less, we draw more about the characters because of this.

And no king Link, deal with it. Almost all the romance between Link and Zelda are fan created, even if they are friends she's royalty, and well they have rules about these things, considering how much effort has been portrayed/hinted at into keeping the blood lines pure. Post Wind Waker i could believe though.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Remember it is not until The Adventure of Link on the time line, that all the royal women (or at least all the princesses and queens) of Hyrule are always named Zelda, so earlier Zeldas or ones which are not on the same time line split will not likely have mothers with the same name as them.

Last edited:
That's a good theory, thee queen dies at Zelda's birth. Or maybe Hyrule is weird and Zelda was just like... Created from no mother? I reallly doubt that's true though.

You-Know-Who

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
In hiding... waiting to kill Harry Potter....
SS: No queen yet, Zelda's mom probably died.
MC: Same thing, although it could also be after the AoL intro
FS: No real story or charactes mentioned
OoT: she's probably alive the first half, just never mentioned. Dies with the King when Ganon takes over.
WW: We know what happened.
PH: same thing as WW.
ST: Here i presume that the King went on a diplomatic mission with his wife, although it might not be true.
MM: No Hyrule, same as OoT
TP: I'm gonna have to say she dies, as that is also my assumption for the king
FSA: IDK, she dies?
ALttP: Aghahim kills the King and Queen.
OoX: same as ALttP
LA: same as ALttP
LoZ/AoL: I don't really count them in terms of story and history due to the lack of both

Really sad, i know, but it's the best i got

Cfrock

Keep it strong

When Link gets the Triforce at the end of A Link To The Past he makes a wish that rights the wrongs Ganon did. The first thing we are shown is the King's return to Hyrule Castle. Why would Link revive the King but not the Queen?

The mystery deepens!

You-Know-Who

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
In hiding... waiting to kill Harry Potter....
When Link gets the Triforce at the end of A Link To The Past he makes a wish that rights the wrongs Ganon did. The first thing we are shown is the King's return to Hyrule Castle. Why would Link revive the King but not the Queen?

The mystery deepens!

Oh, yes! forgot that :p

Well, in the end he revives her too, its just that she's unimportant to the story.

SS: No queen yet, Zelda's mom probably died.
MC: Same thing, although it could also be after the AoL intro
FS: No real story or charactes mentioned
OoT: she's probably alive the first half, just never mentioned. Dies with the King when Ganon takes over.
WW: We know what happened.
PH: same thing as WW.
ST: Here i presume that the King went on a diplomatic mission with his wife, although it might not be true.
MM: No Hyrule, same as OoT
TP: I'm gonna have to say she dies, as that is also my assumption for the king
FSA: IDK, she dies?
LoZ/AoL: I don't really count them in terms of story and history due to the lack of both

Really sad, i know, but it's the best i got

That's some great points you have there. The only one I didn't like was the one ST. I would say they're alive, we just never see them.

I also have a question.... WHAT IS OoX!?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Uh. Going on a diplomatic mission does not mean they're dead.

I agree with most of Voldemort's points, excluding ocarina of time. For some reason I have always assumed that Zelda's mom died when she was very young, not in childbirth though, perhaps around the same time Link's mom died. Idk, maybe just something in the way she carries herself and has lots of responsibilities points to the fact that she has no mom.

Also, OoX is an abbreviation for Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom