• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Pro controller drift

My pro controller just started to drift while I was playing botw, anyone else experience this problem?

Pro controllers have the drift issues just like joycons do, it's a hardware problem, not the game you're playing.

There's no real way to fix it and it'll only get worse over time. My pro controller started drifting after three years and now I'm paranoid about playing my Switch at all.

Haven't had an issue with the pro-controller yet but I have found a bit of swabbing with isopropanone does wonders on joy-con. Been pushing 6 months since I last did it despite heavy use. Make sure you get under that skirt too.

Of course, it would be better if they were more robust in the first place.

Quin

Disaster Master
Pro controllers have the drift issues just like joycons do, it's a hardware problem, not the game you're playing.

There's no real way to fix it and it'll only get worse over time. My pro controller started drifting after three years and now I'm paranoid about playing my Switch at all.
They dont. Its really only a joy con controller issue.
Your pro can still drift with heavy use just like any other controller though

They dont. Its really only a joy con controller issue.
Your pro can still drift with heavy use just like any other controller though

It's not as bad as with Joycons but it still happens.

I've had to replace one and a roommate has had to replace one and one of our replacements drifted right out of the box.

It took mine three years to start but no other controller I've ever had for any other console has had drift, so there's a definite issue.

I did wonder what was going on as the right controller started to drift off! Had the unit about two years but played everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom