• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PRINCESS Ralis?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
he he this is a funny conversation... however i can clear this whole thing up right now. zoras are aquatic egg bareing creaters right? egg bareing things would have no use for brests (aka brestfeeding) thus a zoras boobs are about as usefull as plastic frute.

now as for rals? we constintly hear his mother calling him a he example link please save my SON.

Do you think Nintendo thought that far ahead? No bloody way would they say "Oh let's give her boobs for no reason, it's not to distinguish her as a girl at all."

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well there's a rumor going around that Prince(ss?) Ralis is female in the japanese version of Twilight Princess.
What do you think about this? Fact or something silly fans made up?
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo since Gracie in Animal Crossing is male in the japanese version.
(Also I didn't know which board this fits into)

well it's definately possible but i think it's unlikely as that zora looking person is likely the MASTER SWORD!!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
well it's definately possible but i think it's unlikely as that zora looking person is likely the MASTER SWORD!!
The mysterious figure in the recent Zelda Wii artwork has nothing to do with Prince(ss) Ralis.

I have heard this rumor before. Whether or not it is true... I don't know. Afterall, Nintendo is a Japanese company, and the Japs are much more comfortable with having gay and bisexual characters in their games than westerners are. In the western version, yeah, Ralis is a boy. But, as far as the Japanese version goes, I don't know. It's not necessarily true that Nintendo wouldn't do something like that, because they already have. In Paper Mario: TYD, Vivian is actually male, but was changed to female for the US version. And really, Mario games are much more innocent than this "dark" Zelda game, so it's not like it's a big stretch for Nintendo.

I guess I'll have to look for some Japanese videos and figure out if Ralis is originally a boy or a girl.

E D I T :
Add Birdo to that list. Birdo's a guy in Japan too, while she's a girl in the US...so...yeah.
This, too.

The mysterious figure in the recent Zelda Wii artwork has nothing to do with Prince(ss) Ralis.

I have heard this rumor before. Whether or not it is true... I don't know. Afterall, Nintendo is a Japanese company, and the Japs are much more comfortable with having gay and bisexual characters in their games than westerners are. In the western version, yeah, Ralis is a boy. But, as far as the Japanese version goes, I don't know. It's not necessarily true that Nintendo wouldn't do something like that, because they already have. In Paper Mario: TYD, Vivian is actually male, but was changed to female for the US version. And really, Mario games are much more innocent than this "dark" Zelda game, so it's not like it's a big stretch for Nintendo.

I guess I'll have to look for some Japanese videos and figure out if Ralis is originally a boy or a girl.

Add Birdo to that list. Birdo's a guy in Japan too, while she's a girl in the US...so...yeah.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
Ralis is male in the Japanese version.

20061224_205727.jpg

Top screen.

It says "この男の子は… 助かりますか?"
It reads "Kono otokonoko wa... tasukarimasu ka?"
Translation "Can we save... this boy?"

Otokonoko (男の子) means boy while Otoko (男) means man.
100% male.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Do you think Nintendo thought that far ahead? No bloody way would they say "Oh let's give her boobs for no reason, it's not to distinguish her as a girl at all."

Well, seeing as Nintendo is a multibillion dollar industry, I'm sure they have people sitting around thinking of things like that all day....

Also score one for Bob and his translating skills.

he he this is a funny conversation... however i can clear this whole thing up right now. zoras are aquatic egg bareing creaters right? egg bareing things would have no use for brests (aka brestfeeding) thus a zoras boobs are about as usefull as plastic frute.

Yes, But these also share the features of a human being, How many Egg baring creatures have opposible thumbs, Can use their vocal cords to make a large amount of sounds (so words as well) and can freely live in water (seeing as they are a water based creature) and on land?

I believe ralis is male, I highly doubt that they are going to translate the word "Son wrongly".....

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Random Nature Facts: The platypus and the echnida are mammals (fur bearing, warm blooded creatures that *feed their young on milk* ) that lay eggs! They are part of a line of ancient mammals that died out, save for their lines. Of course, I've also read that these speci do not have "breast" per se, but secrete their milk through their skin on patches from glands. Eh. Though I worked for a zoo once, I never did get the privilage of meeting either of these kind of creatures in-person...

Just throwing out a child-rearing possibliity (and a possible need for breasts) among the Zora, who are egg-laying creatures. Being more humanoid than anything else, it is possible that they'd generate milk and need breasts for the sake of their young.

Zarom

The King
I don't think that Prince Ralis is a female in the japanese version. He's a male, like Bob Manjiki said with his pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom