• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
So soon, I'm never gonna catch up with all these new games coming out I swear...

These two don't look all too exciting to me but clearly it is early days. I'll probably pick them up but I just hope I can get through some of my other Pokemon titles before this.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
if that cat turns bipedal by its final evolution, I'm gonna kick someone
i'd be so ****ing dissapointed
i remember when Sun and Moon was being announced and people were "leaking" the final evos, there were a couple pictures of litten as a really cool feral sabertooth going around:
1646103952991.png
i was like 12 and thought it might've actually been real, i was so excited
then i saw incineroar one day and was absolutely crushed, thought they was trolling at first even

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think it looks about as good as I'd expect another Pokemon game adhering to the Pokemon formula to look. Visually, it looks like a step up from Sword and Shield. How much of a step up is hard to say until the game is out. I feel like I've grown out of Pokemon at this point, but there seems to be positive buzz around this one, so yay. :wynaut:

Skunk

Floof
Honestly, I don't really care if the games aren't on the cutting edge with their graphics. They can't be with the way too short development time, and I don't want the workers at Game Freak to have even more on their plates than they probably already do. I also kind of just... like weird old looking games? But I know people are going to complain about it because the trend for the last few years has been to complain about everything Game Freak does. I thought Legends might have diminished that, but I guess not. That said, I think it's at least like a year too soon for Gen. IX and I wish that Pokemon would move away from yearly releases.

I like the new designs for the starters, although I don't really get the hype around Sprigatito. Fuecoco also seems underrated! I don't usually pick fire types, but it's a pepper dragon! That's a really cute idea. I'm hoping that the architecture in these references a lot of historical Spanish architecture since there's lots of really cool stuff there. But I also think we could have done with a region outside of Europe, maybe something in Africa or South America could have been neat.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
since your passive aggressive jab was clearly aimed at me I might as well point out that I'm one of the only people on this forum who defends game freak when people unfairly call them out for things like "laziness"

but who knows, maybe their 3D models look more like pokemon than the key art does

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
IMG_7837.png

Soft confirmation of the return of Dexit. I might actually have to skip these games now like I did with SwSh, too. That seriously will never be okay with me. In Legends: Arceus it was understandable due to its nature as a spin-off and how much about the core gameplay had changed, but there is no excuse for a mainline title. They need to take their goddamn time so we can actually have the entire dex again. The entire point of Pokemon is to go on an adventure with your beloved companions, so cutting out your beloved companions is an instant no-buy. Every Pokemon is someone's favorite, and we should be able to bring them all with us.

Maybe one day they will stop crunching and make a good mainline game again. But its not looking like Scarlet and Violet will be that game, even if they do take from what made Legends: Arceus good.

Mikey the Moblin

IMG_7837.png

Soft confirmation of the return of Dexit. I might actually have to skip these games now like I did with SwSh, too. That seriously will never be okay with me. In Legends: Arceus it was understandable due to its nature as a spin-off and how much about the core gameplay had changed, but there is no excuse for a mainline title. They need to take their goddamn time so we can actually have the entire dex again. The entire point of Pokemon is to go on an adventure with your beloved companions, so cutting out your beloved companions is an instant no-buy. Every Pokemon is someone's favorite, and we should be able to bring them all with us.

Maybe one day they will stop crunching and make a good mainline game again. But its not looking like Scarlet and Violet will be that game, even if they do take from what made Legends: Arceus good.
get with the times grandpa?
if you have to choose between being able to move your level 100 blaziken up from emerald or having seviper look that clean, you REALLY choose the level 100 blaziken? Are you actually somehow still surprised that this is a thing? Come on

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
if you have to choose between being able to move your level 100 blaziken up from emerald or having seviper look that clean, you REALLY choose the level 100 blaziken? Are you actually somehow still surprised that this is a thing? Come on
Obtaining every Pokémon is literally the entire point of the franchise. There is absolutely no reason why Dexit should exist beyond lack of effort.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
1. I don't like blaziken, try furret homie. ;)
2. yes i absolutely would take every mon in the game over high fidelity graphics, that's not even a question. how is that a real question you are asking me. also the graphics do not look remotely clean in the reveal trailer lol. legends arceus looks a lot cleaner as of now. the crunch is showing hard.

Mikey the Moblin

1. I don't like blaziken, try furret homie. ;)
2. yes i absolutely would take every mon in the game over high fidelity graphics, that's not even a question. how is that a real question you are asking me. also the graphics do not look remotely clean in the reveal trailer lol. legends arceus looks a lot cleaner as of now. the crunch is showing hard.
1. Regardless of who your favorite pokemon is, name a pokemon game where you can bring your pokemon up from previous gens before beating the Elite 4. For the purpose of the main game, it's no different. ALSO, this was a thing on 3DS too, before pokemon bank was updated to allow for the new gens each time.
7gzuk2o5ygk81.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom