• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Bugs

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet received quite a bit of flack for feeling rushed and glitchy on their release. Do you feel the flack was warranted, and should they have delayed the game? Did you come across any issues in your gameplay?

I encountered an issue early on where my game froze after trying to speak to a Pelipper near the first Pokémon Center I visited. Due to auto save I didn't lose much progress but still it was not a nice thing to encounter. Otherwise I didn't come across any big issues but just found the framerate was quite poor generally.

I didn't play the games immediately on release, so I missed some of the bugs that have been patched out. That said, I haven't noticed basically any bugs at all. The framerate drops can be pretty bad, but they don't damage the games playability, so at least in my experience thus far, the amount of crap people have been giving them for that really seems undeserved.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
the glitches have only been a slight annoyance for me so far. annoying enough to notice, but not enough to take a whole lot away from the game for me. might get more frustrating as I get further into the game, but I’m overall loving it so far.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have only had one crash and some chugging when I’m in the water. I’ve had some major issues in the Tera raids. Health bar not going down after an attack, one shotting a 4 or 5 star raid and it healing itself, game not letting you do anything for 10 seconds and the timer still going down, waiting an enternity after the Pokémon’s health has gone down for it to actually faint. The Tera raids have a lot of issues

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
the glitches in online play are bad enough for me to not be playing vgc so they desperately need to improve the double battle experience

the hyperspeed glitch is quite fun and should have been a feature tbh

I encountered a weird glitch where the resolution didn't upscale when I switched to TV play, so it looked like I was playing a SNES game

couple crashes that lost me progress, couple crashes that didn't, lots of slowdowns especially while swimming

the performance aspect of it is frustrating because of how easily it seems modders are optimizing the game for 60fps
it's quite doable

for anyone with physical carts you should avoid updating so that you can dupe ability patches and other rare items like apriballs or master balls, that got patched out with 1.1

then there are a number of "funny" glitches that don't really affect gameplay at all, or improve it even
like when I was playing with DD I hypersped right out of bounds into the DLC area and got stuck on the other side, so I could run up to a wall and change the camera angle to see half of koraidon's body sticking out

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
The glitches have been somewhat interesting to me, it's not annoying enough for me to want to stop playing. The frame rate could use some work but at the end of the day the game is still enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom