• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remake?

Do you want a Ruby/Sapphire remake?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

TReXD

Junichi Masuda, one of the developers at Gamefreak who make the Pokemon games, has replied to a fans request on Twitter to remake Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

”Thanks for your thoughts. Ruby and Sapphire are important games to me. I will consider your request.”

Of course it’s by no means confirmation that we will get either title, but the fact that Masuda is actually considering it is well worth a mention. Lets hope we see both games on the Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo 3DS: Game Freak Considering Pokemon Ruby And Sapphire Remakes For Nintendo 3DS

Should a remake could actually be happen? Ruby/Sapphire 10th year anniversary will be on 2013.
Or there should be a 6th gen than a remake?
Post your thoughts!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
NO. Enough new generations of Pokemon. E-NOUGH. They said Black/White was where they were going to end it, and quite honestly I kinda wish they hadn't even done that. The new pokemon are, in my opinion, poorly modeled and aren't very strong. The entire time I was playing the game, I was miserable that I had to beat the elite four before I could get the pokemon of my choosing again.
However, I have seen some really nice fan made pokemon. I guess I wouldn't be too opposed to a 6th Generation composed of entirely fan made pokemon, but I doubt Nintendo would do that.

As for a remake of Generation 3- I would buy the heck out of that. Generation 3 is easily my favorite out of all of them. They've already remade Gens 1 and 2, so it's about time they gave Gen 3 a revamp. Especially if it's going to be its 10th anniversary (which I didn't realize was so close until you pointed it out!) If they do plan to do this, I hope to see it soon. ^^

I think we will get a Ruby/Sapphire remake eventually I guess it's is tradition after all. I have to say I think the 3rd Gen was the weakest generation, but if you give it Gen V mechanics then I think it will greatly be better then the original and maybe even the best Gen.

Regarding a 6th Gen, I do remember somewhere on the internet saying that Gen 5 was the last Generation because Satoshi Tajiri was retiring so as of now Gen 6 is very unlikely to happen.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Should a remake could actually be happen? Ruby/Sapphire 10th year anniversary will be on 2013.
Or there should be a 6th gen than a remake?
Post your thoughts!

Could a remake happen? Absolutely. There's totally a possibility that a remake could happen in the future. How likely? Well, I can't quite tell you that, but there's still a chance.

This is definitely the same position with Zelda fans. Zelda fans are torn between the remake of Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, or make a brand new game. Same thing goes for Pokemon fans. Some of us want to see Gen 6, some of us want to see remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. Which is most likely? Even though I'm not entirely for it, I think the remakes will come before Gen 6.

R/S/E gave us FireRed and LeafGreen, D/P/P gave us Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and W/B/W2/B2 has yet to give us a remake. I feel the Pokemon franchise will follow this path, making the remakes probable. I would love to see Gen 6 arise, but they did just come out with Gen 5, so I guess we'll have to wait.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well, they have put a remake between ever new gen release for the past several releases, so ya, RSE remake only makes sense. HGSS was fantastic and it'll be great to see Hoenn again with all the improved hardware. It's really not a question of if, but rather when, and I will throw my money at Nintendo the moment it does.

I would not be surprised if they made a Gen 6 anyways, just because money makers like the pokemon franchise are not something businesses give up easily. Whether it'll be good or not is a different story, seeing as how every single new gen since Gen 3 has thrown ripples into the fanbase for one reason or another, be it repetitiveness, lack of creativity, bad designs, what have you. All I can say is, if a Gen 6 comes out, it's still going to sell well.

I would like a remake. It would be a more practical way for me to travel around Hoenn (my DS Lite is about at the end of its rope), and the battery in my Sapphire game died, so time doesn't flow anymore. Plus I could bring along my favourite Gen IV pokemon (like Lucario).

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
If they remake it for the 3DS then I'll just be forced to finally pick up a 3DS. I mean we already have OoT3D, but if they also make MM3D and Emerald 3D - whoops I meant Ruby/Sapphire 3D - , well then I'll be contractually obliged to sell my right kidney for it. The 3rd generation is still my favorite in terms of the overall game and the Pokemon designs, and if they make it updated with the new graphics and combat system of BW2 (or even better!) then I'll just HAVE to get it!

Concerning the 6th generation: I think it's safe to assume it's gonna happen at some point in the future. Probably not for a while, they usually give us a few years after the last generation's games before the new one pops up, but considering how insanely popular Pokemon is they'll be shooting themselves in the foot by not making a 6th generation. Though honestly I'm both ecstatic and apprehensive: the gameplay, story, etc. of the games have gotten really good as of late, but I'm fearful of what the new Pokemon would look like. We've already gotten garbage bags and gears, how low can they go? Chairs? Tires? Books? Balls?

Oh, wait...

jack546

The chosen one
I would buy it if it came out. It would be awesome if it was on the 3ds i'd like to see what gamefreak can do with the 3ds's 3D capabilities.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Honestly, I was expecting this. Seeing the trend from the previous two generations, would this not make sense?

Generation 3 had a 1st Gen remake as FireRed/LeafGreen.

Generation 4 had a 2nd Gen remake as HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Could Generation 5 have a 3rd Gen remake as something else awesome? (I'm going with GoronRuby and ZoraSapphire ;) )

I would definitely agree. I loved the 3rd Gen Pokemon, as Emerald was my first Pokemon game. I would definitely enjoy kicking some butt again with Blaziken or Grovyle (I never like Sceptile that much- never looked as cool- and I got attached to Grovyle even more over the second series of Mystery Dungeon games. Blaziken is still my favorite, though), as well as getting me a Rayquaza (hell yeah- favorite legendary, next to Mewtwo).

Although, I don't want to see any 5th Gen Pokemon ever again. They were terrible. I mean, Vanillite? What in the freaking hell is that? None of these belong in Hoenn. Or existence, for that matter...

Although, I don't want to see any 5th Gen Pokemon ever again.

That's gonna be pretty hard. I'm guessing after you have beaten the Elite Four and Champion, some Pokémon never seen in Hoenn (a.k.a 4th and 5th Gen Pokémon) will start to appear in the wild. It happened with the other remakes so I think it's inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom