• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Number 666

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
(At my old church, the adults let the children of the congregation bring their Gameboys and play Pokemon during the adult service... so, you know, not all religious-types are goofy about this stuff).
Your old church has won a million internets.

And yeah...it's a good thing that not all religious people are like that. The ones that are tick me off.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
itll end up being an adorable little pokemon, but when it gets attacked, it morphs into a terrifying beast. :P I know it wont happenm but it'd be funny

Zleda

Toon Deity
Any satanic references would deter a large amount of the fan base...

Think about how many kids who play Pokemon are the southern parts of the country (and most likely baptist, evangelical, what have you). Think of these kids going up to their parents and showing them "Lucifermon" (lol) or whatever it may be. Think of the rage (however funny it may be) at that.

oh god i want it to happen

RichardBlaziken

Mr. Blaziken
To be the wet blanket of the bunch, #666 should be something that cannot even be interpreted as having any connection with the common "Satan" stuff attached to the number. It should be a middle evolution of a line that has nothing to do with the Dark or Fire type, and should be just another Pokemon in the Pokedex to avoid any and all controversy.

I am up for a Houndoom evolution, but to make it #666 would be the worst possible idea, from a marketing standpoint.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just realized that Pokémon #666 will be number 666 in the national Pokédex, but not in the regional Pokédex. Which means that if it is made as a satanic-like pokémon, most people wouldn't make the connection because they'd be more focused on the individual region. This means that GameFreak could easily get away with doing something "evil" for number 666.

I have no opinion on how likely or unlikely it would be for Nintendo to do something demonic for Pokemon #666, but I do think there's little to no point in Nintendo being concerned over it having a negative impact on whiny Christians. (Same as there's no point in assuming all Christians are whiny. :bleh: Come on you guys, you know as well as anyone that the people complaining about Pokemon being satanic are only a small group.) Some people are already upset at Pokemon for what it is, and there's no sense trying to appeal to them at this point. There are already demonic Pokemon, like Houndour and Houndoom, and connecting another one to the number 666 (since there's going to be a Pokemon #666 one way or the other) isn't really going to make any difference.

I just hope they do something cool with it. :P

Beeker

Wild Card
What'll probably happen is it'll be just a normal cutesy pokemon, or evolved form of one.it would actually be hilarious if it was and it could become the next Bidoof or something. XD
When you look back at past dexes, where 666 will be is where the common birds/bugs are. What I really want to see is some sort of dark type demon bug. Could still look cute but then evolve into something nasty. 8D

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
That would be cool if they get a demonic, Cerberus looking thing for pokemon # 666. However, I don't think Nintendo would do it. Mainly because there have been smaller issues that Nintendo fixed to not make it be offensive. For example, anyone remember the original Jynx design? They were gonna be colored black instead of violet because it apparently looked like blackface. I also think they wouldn't do that because they haven't exactly went with other number themes, like lucky number 7 or unlucky number 13. I think there should be a devil-like pokemon though. I mean, if there's a god-like pokemon in the highest altitude of any pokemon game, then there should be a devil-like pokemon in the lowest altitude of any pokemon game.

izi

Not A Wizard
38.79.png

Pokemon 666.

izi

Not A Wizard
NO, Pokemon 666.

59.70.png

In all seriousness though, I agree with some previous posters that they should not do anything special for #666. It would be offensive to many players and would ultimately be a bad move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom