• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon League!

Hey guys, Lately Bomby and Kybyrian have both made 2 Tourneys between them on the site and they have been fairly successful. So I've decided to make this, A Pokemon League (or Table if you will), It is similar but depends less on luck and more on skill (although Luck is still a big factor in winning)...

Your position on this league table will be decided by a percentage, E.g. If you battled 10 times and won 9 times, you would be on 90%. Obviously the leader will have the highest Win percentage by the end of the league. (however in terms of a draw I will be able to decide by something I will explain in the next paragraph).

In the case that by the final deadline that the two leaders (or competitors in 2nd and 3rd place respectively) are tied on percentage, I will have to determine by what is called in the Football world (or Soccer to you Americans =P), Goal Difference (I don't know if it's in any American Sports). So therefore I will be asking you to comment with the score from your battle, An example is Competitor 1 beating Competitor 2 with 3 pokemon remaining. I can add the winning scores together (so all of the pokemon you had left from the battles you won) and use the resulting figures to decide who wins.

Clauses:

pokeball.gif
Uber Clause:
This means no Ubers
pokeball.gif
Species Clause:
This means that no two pokemon can be the same species, e.g. You can't have 2 Charizards.
pokeball.gif
Items Clause:
This means that no three items can be the same, e.g. You can't have 3 Leftovers, only two.
pokeball.gif
OHKO Clause:
No OHKO Moves can be used, e.g. Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Fissure...etc.
pokeball.gif
Sleep Clause:
With this clause active you can not put more than one pokemon of the oppositions team to sleep at any one time.
pokeball.gif
Self KO clause:
If you KO your last pokemon with a move (e.g. Explosion) and kill the opponents last pokemon, you lose.
pokeball.gif
Evasion Clause:
This means you can't use evasion boosting moves, however abilities like Snow Cloak and Sand Veil are allowed, also evasion boosting Items.
pokeball.gif
Chance Item Clause
I may add to this later on but I'm doubting I will

Rules:

pokeball.gif
Each competitor has a two weeks to compete in 7 battles (as it stands), This is one match against each other competitor every two weeks, We will battle each other twice (however if you want to attempt to raise your percentage you can battle a few more times, but its your risk). This will continue for a month after the start of the League (so if it were to start today, November 3rd, The league's final deadline would be December 3rd). On the next day, I and Kybyrian (well...possibly him) will work out the final percentages of the League and post the results, The winning competitors with then recieve their prizes.

pokeball.gif
You can use any pokemon not covered by a clause. You can also change your pokemon freely between matches.

Prizes:

1st Place

lugia.png

Lugia @ Leftovers
OT Kenpari
Bold
IVs 31/25/31/30/31/30
EVs 252 HP/52 Def/204 Spe
Roost/Reflect/Ice Beam/Toxic

2nd Place:

gyarados-m.png

Gyarados @ Life Orb
OT Kenpari
Adamant
IVs 31/30/31/31/31/29
EVs 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Ice Fang/Earthquake

3rd Place:

gengar.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
OT Link
Timid
IVs 28/30/29/31/30/31
EVs 4 Def/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Explosion

Anyone wanting to compete please leave a post stating so.

League Table:

Competitor - Wins - Loss's - Ties - Win Percentage
Cody - 4 - 0 - 0 - 100%
DarkLink0602 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 50%
Halo Siera 117 - 0 - 3 - 0 - 0%
Josh - 3 - 7 - 0 - 33.3%
Judai - 0 - 0 - 0 - N/A
Kybyrian - 5 - 2 - 0 - 71.42%
Mases - 2 - 0 - 0 - 100%
Shnappy - 1 - 3 - 0 - 25%
Kazumi - 1 - 1 - 0 - 50%

EDIT: The Deadline for all battles (of this half) will be on the 22th of November.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

I don't get it. What is this supposed to be? Like a thread where you challenge people in a battle who are competing and they respond or whatever?

You really gotta specify this stuff.

We need a separate forum for Pokemon. :(

Also:

How's this for a prize?

249.png

LUGIA @ LEFTOVERS
OT Kenpari
BOLD
IVs 31/25/31/30/31/30
EVs 252 HP/52 Def/204 Spe
Roost/Reflect/Ice Beam/Toxic

130-3.png

GYARADOS @ Life Orb
OT Kenpari
ADAMANT
IVs 31/30/31/31/31/29
EVs 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Ice Fang/Earthquake

let me hear a whoop whoop

Last edited:

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
I'll join with my Platinum version. Does Garchomp count as an uber? Can we use IV/EV Pokemon?

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I'll join with my Platinum version. Does Garchomp count as an uber? Can we use IV/EV Pokemon?

Yes according to the list that DarkLink linked to, Garchomp is considered Uber.

And yes, you can use IV/EV Pokemon. I think almost everybody participating in this league have custom made Pokemon. So you can certainly use EV Pokemon... as it would be a severe disadvantage not to.

Ok, Seeing that K4KING has declined and I don't think Zemen will join...I'm going to start off the tourney (although if Zemen decides to join he has until November 14th to join).

I'm officially announcing that this Pokemon League has started as of today, November 4th...

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
Alright. I'll start tomorrow and get my Wireless Router up. PM friend codes.

Kybyrian

I lost to Josh all because of a missed stone edge hax. :<

Also won against him in a second battle of epic proportions.

1/7 people battled.

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
I wish to join this fine establishment as soon as possible, as I FINALLY have located Pokemon Platinum AND fixed my Wi-Fi. So I can finally fight anyone..

Kybyrian

I beat Shnappy in one heck of an epic battle. That makes me 2/3 and I've battled 2/7 of the different people required. 66.6(repeating)%

Last edited:

Shnappy

derp
I confirm defeat against Kybyrian.

Also, I beat Mases last night. *cough*easiliy*cough*. So I'm done 2/7 battles, and have a 50% win rate.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I, Mases Hagopian, beat Josh. Because my Crobat was so so Brave in the heat of battle. I can't say enough about my Crobat. I think Crobat has officially surpassed Nidoking and Bronzong as THEE Mases pokemon. Such a Brave Pokemon.

I, Josh Zelinsky, lost to Mases. That, is about as far down on the failure list as you can go, and yes, I do feel incredibly sorry for myself right about now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom