• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Connections

Skunk

Floof
Now before I even begin to speak, I played Diamond first, Turtwig forever, but now I have nearly every main game. On with what I am about to say. Pokemon now adays seems far to predictable. Talk to the professor who's named after a tree, get a water or fire or grass pokemon, and meet the rival. Then do eight gyms and fight a crime ring along the way. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but the newest entries didn't work for me.
I honestly think the next next(after B+W2) should have only 150, no trading with previous regions, no national dex. I think the new games (preferably2-3) should focus more on connecting the player to the story. Getting the complete dex is fun until you only get a pat on the back for it. What would be nice is not having to follow that ever present goal. What would be nice is letting the player change the story by his/her actions. Let's do scenarios. So in the beginning, a lost pokemon wanders near you, you could find it's owner, keep it or bring it to the professor. And that one decision would change the start of the story. I would also like to see a more engaging way for players to interact with others. Maybe a certain code entered at the start of both people's games will let them play together via local wireless or wi-fi. Then they could advance their stories and change each others story's together.
Now I do understand the amount of time and work needed to do this. But even if Nintendo/Gamefreak took small steps, it could be achievable. So what are your thoughts on my idea, or do you have an idea of your own?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I so much agree with your idea; I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gen 2 (G/S/C) and partially Gen 4 (HG/SS though these are nothing but remasters essentially) with the love I've had for Gen 2. The Pokemon designs in my opinion get worse with every next game (except Gen 2). The story as you noted is the exact same thing in every game, nothing changes. There are no real dynamics anymore. It's too predictable and frankly it gets boring with each "new" game. Pokemon should just adopt DLC rather than release anymore "new" games with two different versions with a total cost of $80 or ~$120 if there is a "master" version [a la Crystal, Platinum, Emerald, etc].

PKMN hasn't been inventive as of late. That's needs to change.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
While Black and White did make some interesting changes they didn't change the series itself.

That being said I think that your idea is good but needs to be more involved. Online is a big thing these days and many are buying into it. Why not? Connection to thousands of others via a wireless connection? And this in a game? That isn't Call of Duty? I jest but still that being said I believe that a MMO Pokemon game needs to be put into the works. Offline you can catch and train against computers as well as Gyms for trophies and achievements. Online? Well there you can take on trainers and battle for a world wide ranking. Tournaments can be hosted and set to only certain groups (via password locks) or anyone can join. Players who get to certain ranks can lead teams of trainers and declare a good,neutral, or evil and battle for territory. Trainers can battle for gym leader spots and can loose them by loosing X number of battles.

At the same time I think that your idea can work as it is. Take it back to the original 3 at the most. That'll work to. But I like my idea better;)

Skunk

Floof
Great idea with the tournaments and trophies, but I would also like an offline story that is great as well as an incredible online expierience. As to DLC, I definitely think it would be cool to see some. Or maybe rerelease green version in english...

well I like your multiplayer campaing adventure part,I think it would work nicely,and I agree with you:every time I play a new pokemon game,I feel bored,I play pokemon since yellow and I think pokemon haven't changed much since them.

I loved the fact that your pokemon could follow you in HGSS, but after playing Black, I hated it. It was way to easy. Maybe actually allowing the player to choose their own path would be better (i'm all for the change), so I definitely agree with you. I'm personally getting sick of dealing with the Team *insert spacey name here*'s crap.

I think there should be some different variations to the story based on your actions and different Pokemon available based on the path you take. Only one version would be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom