• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon X & Y: Favorite Starter Design

What is your favorite new starter design?

• Chespin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fennekin

• Froakie

• Total voters
While the pair of 3DS Pokémon games was just announced, it's never too early to start formulating opinions about the new starter designs. After the somewhat atrocious designs of the Unova trio, it's nice to see the Pokémon Company got its game together.

1Lawf

1LaK5

1LawY

Naturally, participate in the main discussion thread for these new games and be sure to check out Pokémon Dungeon for news. Our favorite diligent trooper-Kenji-has been busy.

I like the looks of all of them, but I'll have to say Fennekin is my favorite out of the three, it just looks cute. I can't wait to see their evolved forms though.

Zleda

Toon Deity
They are all so gosh darn adorable... Personally I like Froakie the best. He seems to be the only based off of an actual animal, which is what I like about starters. Although the fire one resembles a fox I suppose.

Fennekin better not be a fighting type when it evolves...

Interesting you should say that. I hope this isn't the case as well since I think when Fennekin attacks Kirlia in the trailer, it seemed to use a Psychic attack. If that's true, I'm guessing Fennekin won't be a Fire/Fighting type at all, more like a Fire/Psychic or just a Fire Type that can learn Psychic attacks.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I personally plan on getting Chespin, as it is currently my favorite design. I've always been a fan of grass types, so naturally I gravitate towards the grass starter. Chespin looks incredibly adorable, and I know I'll have a great time with it!

Fennekin doesn't look half bad, and would most likely be my second choice of starters within this trio. Its design isn't all that appealing to me, but I have a feeling it's evolution will be a powerful one.

Froakie has the least appealing design in my eyes, and I was slightly -- only slightly -- disappointed about that. I don't have much to say about it though, but it would definitely be my last resort out of the three starters.

Wow! Finally some new Pokemon :)

I definitly like Fennikin the best, very cute :P
Though I'll probably be choosing Chespin in the game, I love grass types, and chespin's also pretty adorable
I don'treally like Froakie though...I almost never like the water type designs...

I'm conflicted. I like them all about equally. If I had to choose, though, I'd say Chespin is my favorite. I think this is the first time I've actually liked all of the starters since Ruby/Sapphire.

Austin

Austin
All this hate towards Froakle! He's the coolest starter yet in my opinion. I realized it's actually spelled "Froakie" but I've been misreading it for about an hour now and have decided that "Froakle" is an infinitely superior name. Thus, I will now refer to him as such.

The Furret with the hat is the worst.

All this hate towards Froakle! He's the coolest starter yet in my opinion. I realized it's actually spelled "Froakie" but I've been misreading it for about an hour now and have decided that "Froakle" is an infinitely superior name. Thus, I will now refer to him as such.

The Furret with the hat is the worst.
I'd like to agree with Austin. To me, the other two starters have the rehashed standard Pokemon design they've used for just about every pokemon ever, especially Chespin. Froakie actually has a design that looks unique to me. When it comes straight to design, I like Froakie the best. Though I'm still deciding between Chespin and Froakie for who I'll choose for my starter. No way in hell am I touching Fennekin. I'm too in sync with my masculinity to touch that. Chespin to me seems like it could potentially be the most useful.

Fennekin looks cool, i can see it evolving into something quite hardcore, dont have much hope fro Froakie though. I wonder if X/Y will be kind to the trainers who choose the fire type and don't take pity on them by giving them one of the same three pokemon of differing elements like those damn chimps in Black and White.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Chespin - Looks pretty interesting, and I'm glad to see a new type of Pokemon appear. I don't think there has ever been something that was a chipmunk before (I'm assuming it's a chipmunk so I really don't know for sure. I'd be interested in seeing how it turns out through it's evolutions.

Fennekin - Very cool looking! I'm glad they decided to go and try another Fox based Pokemon cause we don't have too many of those save for Vulpix and Ninetails, both of which I like very much. I'd be interested if the final form was a wolf or something (I mean, they are part of the canine family and wolves are hella cool).

Froakie - I feel like this one is going to be the Oshawott of Gen 6. As in nobody will like it because it looks stupid, dumb, etc., but then their friend that got it that everyone made fun of comes back a few weeks later with the final evolution, and it turns out it's a bad ***. Dunno whether this will happen, but if it does, you can be sure that I'll be that kid that everyone laughed at :lol:

In general I like them, but I kinda miss the old days where starters had more, I dunno, originality? Not sure if that's it or if it's just cause I'm 17 and played from the get go :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom