• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon X & Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh Pretty! and sounds like so much fun!!!
I really like the deer-like legendary with the rainbow antlers, I wanna get the one that features that one! (X I think :P)
And Fennikin's design is adorable!
Now I can't wait until October, a 3DS Pokemon game would be epic!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Probable Male Protagonist:
town.jpg

Probable Female Protagonist:
Sorry the image is bad, but you can see her running on the bridge.
castle.jpg

I heard the news for these games this morning, and I was very excited. The 3D graphics, from what I can tell, have been executed beautifully. I'm extremely anxious for the release of X/Y!

Kazumi

chagy
The game looks absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait for it. I'm glad to see that Gamefreak has moved away from the grid-based system found in every main-series Pokemon game to date and has instead opted for a full 3D environment. Hopefully even though the game is in full 3D, it maintains the large worlds that we've come accustomed to with Pokemon. It would be a waste to have a nice 3D environment but have a small world.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that Gamefreak has opted to go for a Gen VI already, and am curious to see how many new Pokemon they will actually introduce. I like the designs for the three starters, and the Legendary Pokemon look pretty cool as well. I am also really excited that Nintendo is going to be releasing X and Y simultaneously world-wide. I was really considered that I wouldn't be able to import due to the 3DS' region locking, but now I won't have to worry about that.

I plan to pre-order both X and Y as soon as possible. I cannot wait for these games to come out.

I'm glad to see that Gamefreak has moved away from the grid-based system found in every main-series Pokemon game to date and has instead opted for a full 3D environment.

If I understand what you're saying, but hate to break it to ya, but the movement still looks to be 4-way movement. The part of the trailer where they were running around in the world was still on a grid.

That part really irked me. I was hoping they finally got it through their skull that the best way to move Pokemon forward is to basically take Pokemon Colosseum's engine and put it on the 3DS. I understand why they didn't, but still. With the circle pad they should do 360 degree movement. Or at least 8 way.

Unless you're talking about how the maps are just made up of tiles, and in that case they got rid of that (kinda, not really entirely) in Diamond/Pearl.

Mido

Version 1
I'm actually caught of guard with Pokemon's transition to total 3D here! After years of playing the esteemed Pokemon Series, I don't think I've ever been so amazed by what I am seeing. It seems to me that Generation six has an extraordinary amount of potential. Too bad I don't own a 3DS! :lol:

Zleda

Toon Deity
1357646181606.png

I wonder what the DNA in the logo is about. Could be something interesting to look out for.

You're absolutely right, perhaps the plot is taken place in the future (note the strange cloud-city-like structures in one of the screenshots) where there is some sort of genetically enhanced or lab-bred pokemon. Obviously speculation, haha

You're absolutely right, perhaps the plot is taken place in the future (note the strange cloud-city-like structures in one of the screenshots) where there is some sort of genetically enhanced or lab-bred pokemon. Obviously speculation, haha
Genetically enhanced Pokemon? Don't be ridculous. That will never happen. *coughMewtwoGenesectcough*

T

TReXD

Generation VI: Pokemon X and Y Announcement

Announcement: There will be a new Pokemon Game called Pokemon X & Y. Generation 6.

grass.jpg

fire.jpg

water.jpg

legends.jpg

legend2.jpg

town.jpg

[video=youtube;2MYbmIxzer8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2MYbmIxzer8[/video]

[video=youtube;4bIrWryFc7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4bIrWryFc7A[/video]

It will be release on October 2013.

What do you think of it?

Attachments

• grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
It has my attention, I'll say that. I've been somewhat disillusioned from Pokemon, as I personally believe the series has changed very little and I no longer have much purpose in buying the next game when it comes out.

I'm impressed by both the move into full 3D and the decision to place X and Y on the 3DS instead of being lazy and relegating it to the plain old DS. I've been waiting for those two things to happen for awhile, so I'm glad Game Freak did. That said, the graphics and animation look basic and choppy like they belong on the DS anyway, so hopefully these graphics are just a starting point and not the final destination. Watch a video of Resident Evil: Revelations and tell me the 3DS isn't capable of so much more. Not to say X and Y need to become all realistic, but it can be cartoon-like and still be detailed. What I see is incredibly bare-bones.

I'm not particularly concerned about them adding more Pokemon. If the overbearing Event Pokemon stop and we actually have a snowball's chance in hell at catching 'em all, I'm all for it. Finally a Pokemon game we can fill our PokeDexes in without being unreasonable. If it's more of the same and we're reminded of our helplessness in filling the PokeDex anyway, this may be another Pokemon game I pass up.

I want Game Freak to take its time with this. There's no need to rush it out just to give us (poor) 3D graphics, more Pokemon, and a slightly different location. Change up the gameplay a bit, iron out the old flaws (HMs, for instance), polish those graphics, and throw in a bunch of cool ideas we'll consistently use. Please don't rush this, Game Freak. Renew my interest in the series.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll probably just pick one of them up, not sure which though. The battles will probably look awesome in 3D too but after a while I'll probably just switch back to 2D as with pretty much every other 3DS game. I wonder how many new Pokémon they will add and how many of them will be trubbish.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pluses:
- Starter designs are LEAGUES ahead of Gen V (imo)
- Finally have three dimensional handheld game

Minuses:
- Graphics are horribly subpar (seriously, lack of anti-aliasing and I could've sworn I saw some framerate drops although that might've just been the trailer)
- Battles seem to still be analogous to the 2D counterparts in regards to animation
- The names are just...ugh. Announce Pokemon Z and let me buy it already :P

Zleda

Toon Deity
Ventus;620664- The names are just...ugh. Announce Pokemon Z and let me buy it already :P[/QUOTE said:
I completely agree that the names lack any sort of creativity... It doesnt surprise me though; and only makes me assume that the character designs will be garbage as well.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I completely agree that the names lack any sort of creativity... It doesnt surprise me though; and only makes me assume that the character designs will be garbage as well.

Oh yes, the character designs ingame are absolutely horrid (see the male character at 0:04), and it's due in part to the poor choice of graphics used in PKMN XYZ.

As for the character artwork, I don't know as I haven't seen anything (yet).

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
X and Y. At least it's not a color or precious mineral this time. XP

The graphics... I'm not sure whether I love them or hate them. They just feel so... Different...

The legendaries are okay. A bit blah, but...

The starters just look... Weird...

Also, in the trailer... Did anyone else get a Final Fantasy vibe from the environments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom