• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(the Official Thread)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I heard about them a while ago on Serebii.net.
I really would like to play the old Pokemon games, so I guess I am a little excited.
I haven't really researched much about it though. I should start doing that now. ^_^

Well, here am I, with tons of new stuff to tell

-The starters will be the same as in G/S/C, but, later in the game, you will be able to get one of the Kanto starters and one of the Johto starters

-Johto and Kanto pokémon will receive new sprites and animations

-There will be double battles, in wich you tag along with other characters, like Lance and your rival

-There will also be a wireless underground area

-New key items, as well as the return of some old ones

-Honey Trees will replace the old Headbutt trees

-Besides the Bug catching contest, there will also be a Fishing contest

-The 3 legendary beasts will roam Johto after being released from Ecruteak tower, and the 3 legendary birds will roam Kanto after being released in a special room of the Victory road, only accessble by a kanto road

-Celebi will be obtained through in-game location, wich will be accessible through a future event(like Darkrai and the rest)

-Unlike G/S/C, the Red Gyarados will not be captured by the player, but by Lance

-Both Lugia and Ho-Oh will be able to be caught in both versions, being the version's pet at level 40, and the other, only available after beating the League, at Level 70

-When Prof.Elm gives you the SS Anne Ticket, he will let you choose one of the Kanto starters, wich will be at Level 10, and, after beating Red on Mt. Silver, he will let you choose one of the Hoenn starters at Level 10, as well

-The Cerulean Cave will be open, and Mewtwo will be there at level 70

-Much Like FR/LG, an Image of the area will appear when you enter a new area for the first time

here are some screenshots

Screen5.png

Sprout Tower "Presentation" screen´

Screen4.png

The Slowpoke well

Screen1.png

Choosing a starter

I found this on a Youtube video, and there is 99% of this being true

Last edited:
-The starters will be the same as in G/S/C, but, later in the game, you will be able to get one of the Kanto starters and one of the Johto starters
This makes me very happy! It will open the game more and let people get more of a "Kanto feel"

I never liked the honey trees, but I LOVED the headbut trees. :(

-Unlike G/S/C, the Red Gyarados will not be captured by the player, but by Lance
This upsets me, owning the Red Gyarados was one of my favorite things in the game.

-When Prof.Elm gives you the SS Anne Ticket, he will let you choose one of the Kanto starters, wich will be at Level 10, and, after beating Red on Mt. Silver, he will let you choose one of the Hoenn starters at Level 10, as well

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could travel to Hoenn after that? :)

Thanks so much for informing us with all the news! I'm too lazy to go and find it myself :P

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds

-There will be double battles, in wich you tag along with other characters, like Lance and your rival

-The 3 legendary beasts will roam Johto after being released from Ecruteak tower, and the 3 legendary birds will roam Kanto after being released in a special room of the Victory road, only accessble by a kanto road

-Celebi will be obtained through in-game location, wich will be accessible through a future event(like Darkrai and the rest)

-Both Lugia and Ho-Oh will be able to be caught in both versions, being the version's pet at level 40, and the other, only available after beating the League, at Level 70

-Much Like FR/LG, an Image of the area will appear when you enter a new area for the first time

Screen5.png

Screen4.png

The Slowpoke well

Screen1.png

Choosing a starter

Can you post a link to where you got this? It seems a bit fishy to me because where did this source get all this information? I've looked around and no other site seems to have this much info on these games. Also seeing as this came from a youtube video, which is notorious for people posting fake info, makes me feel more uncertain about its authanticity.

However, some of it does seem true or likely, and the pictures were in the magazine CoroCoro, which means that those are at least real.

I like most of this info and it does seem likely. Hope they fix up Kanto though. But what I don't like is how you won't get the Gyrados, and I don't think they'd change it up like that, so I think there's a good chance that won't happen. And I pray that the Honey Trees don't replace the Headbutt trees, this is a remake of Gold and Silver, not D/P/Pt, so the honey trees should stay out.

I did find something though, it was on youtube so I don't know if it is real or not, but it does look pretty real.

This is the Johto map as seen in the video.
picture.php

If you look at the bottom, you'll notice a small island near Azalea Town and a large island in the bottom corner. What could these be, and do you think this is real or fake?

Kybyrian

I've known about this for a while, everybody thought it was just a rumor, but now it's confirmed. I can't wait for 2010. A while off, but I'm willing to wait for it. This will be awesome. I loved G/S, they were two of my favorite Pokemon games, probably 2nd beside Platinum.

And I don't think it's fake, LinkAlmighty. Sure, they're remaking it, but that doesn't mean they can't change it up a little bit.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Damn after this comes out, Pokemon Battle Revolution is going to be a lot of active again.
Damn I need to get my wifi fixed before this games comes out.

There is one question for me left, will lugia have Psyco Boost like in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. I really hope it does.

But yeah, if this game has both Jotho and Kanto, then its a game worth to buy.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Can you post a link to where you got this? It seems a bit fishy to me because where did this source get all this information? I've looked around and no other site seems to have this much info on these games. Also seeing as this came from a youtube video, which is notorious for people posting fake info, makes me feel more uncertain about its authanticity.

However, some of it does seem true or likely, and the pictures were in the magazine CoroCoro, which means that those are at least real.

I like most of this info and it does seem likely. Hope they fix up Kanto though. But what I don't like is how you won't get the Gyrados, and I don't think they'd change it up like that, so I think there's a good chance that won't happen. And I pray that the Honey Trees don't replace the Headbutt trees, this is a remake of Gold and Silver, not D/P/Pt, so the honey trees should stay out.

I did find something though, it was on youtube so I don't know if it is real or not, but it does look pretty real.

This is the Johto map as seen in the video.
picture.php

If you look at the bottom, you'll notice a small island near Azalea Town and a large island in the bottom corner. What could these be, and do you think this is real or fake?

I'm sorry to make you a sad panda, but that map is confirmed to be fake.

And there's one huge reason to tell it just by looking at it.
The Green Dots. They simply don't exist in any GEN4 game, and I don't think that there's a reason to add them now.

I randomly found the video on youtube, but the guy claimed that he had inside information, and, none of the info sounds too absurd that it can't be true, imo.

I might consider getting Battle Revolution, with all those awesome Pokémon Games running around.

This week's Pokémon sunday didn't give away any great news, wich kinda disappointed me.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I'm sorry to make you a sad panda, but that map is confirmed to be fake.

And there's one huge reason to tell it just by looking at it.
The Green Dots. They simply don't exist in any GEN4 game, and I don't think that there's a reason to add them now.

I randomly found the video on youtube, but the guy claimed that he had inside information, and, none of the info sounds too absurd that it can't be true, imo.

I might consider getting Battle Revolution, with all those awesome Pokémon Games running around.

This week's Pokémon sunday didn't give away any great news, wich kinda disappointed me.

There was only one green dot on D/P if i'm not mistaken. That was Pal Park.
I really would reccomend Battle Revolution, it was already awsome when D/P was fresh and now with platinum and later these two titles, the wifi is going to be active again.

One cool thing about this wifi is that you can battle without friend codes.

But yeah i currently have problems with my wifi. I can get online and get a full connection, but when communcaiting with someone, the connection drops and i get an error code. I already tried manual setup and disbled my firewall. Gotta call the hotline because i don't know what to do anymore. :kawaii:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
There was only one green dot on D/P if i'm not mistaken. That was Pal Park.
I really would reccomend Battle Revolution, it was already awsome when D/P was fresh and now with platinum and later these two titles, the wifi is going to be active again.

One cool thing about this wifi is that you can battle without friend codes.

But yeah i currently have problems with my wifi. I can get online and get a full connection, but when communcaiting with someone, the connection drops and i get an error code. I already tried manual setup and disbled my firewall. Gotta call the hotline because i don't know what to do anymore. :kawaii:

Yes, and I don't think that they'll use that much the green dots.
Probably only for the Pal Park of this game(of course that there'll be one).

Anyways, battle revolution has more to do with the Stadium Series than it does with Colosseum, right?

I haven't read much about the game, because it never really interested me that much

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yes, and I don't think that they'll use that much the green dots.
Probably only for the Pal Park of this game(of course that there'll be one).

Anyways, battle revolution has more to do with the Stadium Series than it does with Colosseum, right?

I haven't read much about the game, because it never really interested me that much

Yes, its more like stadium rather then colloseum or XD gale of darkness.
And you don't transfer your pokemon here, you copy all boxes and of course your party.
And you can update as many times you want, but only with one ID game cartridge. But luckly there is four accounts so that makes four different games.

You can even save your trainer card on your wii remote.
Here the trainer card is your customized trainer and 6 pokemon.

But you will love the game. Because this is the first 3d pokemon game that actually makes psyhical contact with certain attacks. The animation and effects are outstanding.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Skull Kid... How are you getting your info, hardly any of that stuff is on Serebii!

For example the thing about Red Gyarados, that isn't on Serebii. But that is good for me, I have a Shiny Magikarp.

And I was a little disappointed by PBR, it's WiFi should have been better and the Collusseum mode only got good after a couple of hours, and then it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Skull Kid... How are you getting your info, hardly any of that stuff is on Serebii!

For example the thing about Red Gyarados, that isn't on Serebii. But that is good for me, I have a Shiny Magikarp.

And I was a little disappointed by PBR, it's WiFi should have been better and the Collusseum mode only got good after a couple of hours, and then it wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

If you read the post, to the end, you'd understand.

@Oni-If I find a used copy of it, I might buy it, and, since I'm getting a lot into pokémon again, I'll probably buy it.
The Thing is, I only wanted to buy the main games, but I already bought Channel and a friend gave me the disc of Pokémon Box(the bastard threw away the box, and only kept the disc-.-)

DCMN

Hero of Internet

Screen5.png

Screen4.png

The Slowpoke well

Screen1.png

Choosing a starter

To be honest, I've seen a lot of the stuff written at the top on the Serebii forums in a speculative manor. So yeah, I doubt how valid they actually are.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I posted them, and, if you read at the end, I warn that they might not be 100% accurate, but, none of them is too absurd to be fake.

And of course that Kanto will be in, due to hints given by our friend, Prof.Oak, that says that there's a white rock in kanto, similar to the one that's in Shinnoh(the white rock that leads to the Shaymin event)

I can't wait for them to come out, and I've been playing Silver:P

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Yes, I still remember receiving Yellow version as a gift when I was a kid. I remember getting Silver a few years later. I think G&S were my favorite generations of Pokemon. I'm definitely going to get my hands on Soul of Silver.

One of the incredible things about Pokemon, is that it is always fun to play the new games. Can't say the same thing about the anime show, though. ;) I can't believe they've kept it up for this long. o_O

But yes, I'm certainly looking forward to getting this game. I'm sure that they've been planning this for a while. The reasons that they don't want to release it yet are 1) It will hurt Platinum's sales, and 2) they're waiting for the 10th anniversary.

I'll bet Alpha versions start popping up online in the next few weeks. :lol:

Well, thanks for thje news update! I'm pretty stoked over here!

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Yes, I still remember receiving Yellow version as a gift when I was a kid. I remember getting Silver a few years later. I think G&S were my favorite generations of Pokemon. I'm definitely going to get my hands on Soul of Silver.

One of the incredible things about Pokemon, is that it is always fun to play the new games. Can't say the same thing about the anime show, though. ;) I can't believe they've kept it up for this long. o_O

But yes, I'm certainly looking forward to getting this game. I'm sure that they've been planning this for a while. The reasons that they don't want to release it yet are 1) It will hurt Platinum's sales, and 2) they're waiting for the 10th anniversary.

I'll bet Alpha versions start popping up online in the next few weeks. :lol:

Well, thanks for thje news update! I'm pretty stoked over here!

I don't think that'll hurt Platinum's sales that much, but, I know several people who are refraining from buying Platinum to save money for this.
I already have Platinum on a Flashcart, and I've done lots of Trades, have lots of 10th anniversary pokémon, etc, but I'm gonna buy platinum, because I want the Giratina Figure(it's awesome, google for it), and, I'm looking forward to own all Pokémon Maingames.

I'm surprised that in the last few days, there haven't been any news, maybe we have to wait until Sunday again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom