• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(the Official Thread)

hsb39

Why so logical?
Nice! I still hate those evil Japans for getting it first though... but my waiting will pay off in about half a year. Dang that's a long time to wait...

And I have to wait another 6 months after that, I live in the land of Oz (and probably talk about it a bit too much).

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay so here's some new info I got.

At school today a friend of mine said that it's going to be released on April 1 2010. He got it from Gamestop and currently I don't trust the date for two reasons. First the date itself might be an April Fool's joke. Then it's Gamestop itself. Before Brawl was released I went to the store three times on a Gamestop date and until the bthird I left empty handed.

After that he said that instead of Johto being the backdrop for this advanture it's Kanto. But I don't trust this at all. First HG and SS are remakes of Gold and Silver which took place in the Johto. But it will feature access to Kanto obviously because you have access to it in G and S.

You could always buy a Japanese copy. The DS/i is not region locked yet. The future DSi games will be, though. Unfortunately I'm not fluent with Japanese...

hsb39

Why so logical?
Okay so here's some new info I got.

At school today a friend of mine said that it's going to be released on April 1 2010. He got it from Gamestop and currently I don't trust the date for two reasons. First the date itself might be an April Fool's joke. Then it's Gamestop itself. Before Brawl was released I went to the store three times on a Gamestop date and until the bthird I left empty handed.

After that he said that instead of Johto being the backdrop for this advanture it's Kanto. But I don't trust this at all. First HG and SS are remakes of Gold and Silver which took place in the Johto. But it will feature access to Kanto obviously because you have access to it in G and S.

The release date I'm not too sure about, but Serebii has every bit of info on the story. It's pretty much the same only with some minor changes. So you go through Johto, and then go through Kanto.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
I'm so hyped about this, but I feel something...Such as this is impossible! The compatibly of the DS games are very limited. It all depends on it. I mean it has Poke triathlons, then it has PokeWalker, and then the events, what I'm trying to say is it sounds impossible. It seems I have been proven wrong since it has been released and it's sales have increased a lot! Also, I can't wait for it, I'm so pumped, excited, HYPER, must I continue? Hahaah!:)

hsb39

Why so logical?
I'm so hyped about this, but I feel something...Such as this is impossible! The compatibly of the DS games are very limited. It all depends on it. I mean it has Poke triathlons, then it has PokeWalker, and then the events, what I'm trying to say is it sounds impossible. It seems I have been proven wrong since it has been released and it's sales have increased a lot! Also, I can't wait for it, I'm so pumped, excited, HYPER, must I continue? Hahaah!:)

This is what a lot of people are like (you should have seen me when it was confirmed), so many new people are coming back to Pokemon, I really want to see these sales.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
If you were wondering how Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver was selling in Japan, I have an update for you. Sales tracker Enterbrain has put out their numbers, which show that this Pokemon outing is the third fastest-selling DS title of all-time. With over 2 million units sold in just 3 weeks, it's very clear that Japan has a huge crush for Gold and Silver. I'm sure North America and Europe will be the same!

This is from GoNintendo. It seems HG/SS is a hit in Japan. Although I am surprised it hasn't raised in sales. It's a remake of Gold and Silver, one of the best GameBoy games ever made, well I am defeintly going to import this, or buy it when it comes out in English. Oh, and Marriland of YouTube, has began his adventure into Heart Gold and Soul Silver. It's pretty amusing.

hsb39

Why so logical?
This is from GoNintendo. It seems HG/SS is a hit in Japan. Although I am surprised it hasn't raised in sales. It's a remake of Gold and Silver, one of the best GameBoy games ever made, well I am defeintly going to import this, or buy it when it comes out in English. Oh, and Marriland of YouTube, has began his adventure into Heart Gold and Soul Silver. It's pretty amusing.

Marriland's a pretty funny guy. Taking the lighthearted approach to Pokemon (and Marriland's not from YouTube, just for random facts, he originated from his fan site that is the second biggest in the world after serebii).

EDIT: Also want to mention that smogon's on youtube now, I might make a thread about that because it's pretty big.

Last edited:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
This is perhaps one of the first Pokemon games I've wanted in over eight years! After checking sources like Bulbapedia and such, this has gotten me really pepped up, especially with the comeback of the old chiptunes. I also like the idea of the little pedometer thing to help give your Pokemon some experience. So, March 14th seems like a great day for me! Another day for Typhlosion to dominate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom