• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Playing Games with Parents?

Sadly I have two parents who don't like games. So I never played any game with my parents. Even my wii and ds fail to get them into gaming, so all Nintendo's commercials are wrong!

So I'm not the only one. Personally, I don't want gaming to be a family thing anyway.

My parents will play a few games on Wii Sports but sadly for me thats about it, Luckily though I have 2 brothers that play Consoles, I am not sure about the younger of my brothers but the older one will play games like Call of Duty, Timesplitters....etc.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
My dad used to be big on Contra 3 back in the day. He doesn't play them much now, though, due to getting motion sickness; these "modern games" (which are anything 3D) are too fast for him.

My mom has never cared much for games, I don't think.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
My Parents where never into games, I tried to get my Mother started on Wii Sports, but it didn't catch on! She's never been that much into gaming, of any sort! but, i'm sort of lucky that way, More games and consoles for me!

well my mom dose not like video games she watch me play but not for long but my dad he likes play video game with me he mainly likes playing goldeneye 007 for the wii and truely it is fun he is not that good at it so i beat him epicly but it is still fun his favorite gun is the vargun i dont have a favorite gun i like them all i can kill with all but the mjr the rocket luncher i bad at that one my brothers are awsome with that gun but i still win

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Back when I had game systems, me and my dad would play Soul Calibur (1, 2, and 3), Tekken (Tag Tournament, 4, 5), Smash Bros (64 and Melee!), and other fighting games such as Street Fighter. Then he relapsed into hating games because eventually, I got games of the Call of Duty and Kingdom Hearts series, both of which he hates. I hope he'll get a PS3 as Soul Calibur 5 releases sometime next year, and though I hate that game already (srsly, y wud u go 17 yrs in2 da featr??), it would be awesome to play with him some more because of the laughs we could share

The parents played games with me when they where much younger.

But as the yrs went on they lost interest in games.

I know quite a few parents who say games now are not as enjotable as they where when they where younger.

My sister plays Mario Bros with me sometims, but usually she likes watching me. She really likes watching BioShock and Half Life, for some reason.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yes! I play video games with my parents. With my mom and dad, it's usually games like Wii Sports or Wii Sports Resort, but my dad also plays Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. Brawl with us. And he's actually pretty good at Brawl for a parent, it's scary.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Me and my sibs have played with our mom many times when we were kids and also as we got older on the Wii. My dad's played the Wii before with us, but he's not much of a video gamer since he pretty much has the mentality that they're a waste of time. :dry: But yeah, I have played with my folks a few times in my life and it's pretty fun when you get to play with them. But for now, it's mostly me and my sibs that play together.

phantom triforce i know how it works when like your parents are like good i mean after playing a lot i mean it scares me that in a year or two i well be the won lose at games my parents well be wining

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Timmy, how old are you? Lol, just wondering :P.

And I play Video games with family all the time. Star Fox Assault, Street Fighter 4, Soon Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 64 (3D, soon :P) New Super Mario Bros Wii, etc. It's good because me and my dad are hardcore :cool:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I play MLB baseball games with my dad, Angry Birds and Super Monkey Ball with my mom (she's so funny playing Angry Birds! :D) and Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort with both of them.

Strangely, I recently read an article about how parents playing video games with their children can make a stronger bond between them at an early age, and boost their confidence, knowing that parents like what they like. I play SSBB with my brother and sister, but my parents hardly ever play. SOMETIMES I play UFC Undisputed 09 with my Dad, but that's really it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom