• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Hourglass Easter Egg

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I noticed that on the ceiling of Skipper's Retreat there is a picture of three fairies, a red one, a green one, and a blue one (but the blue one's a little hard to see). There's also a laarge fish picture of a fish that COULD be the Ocean King, but that could really be anything. Unfortunately I don't have a picture to show you, but still.

Actually, there are a lot of easter egg-ish references in those pictures. Some of them can have multiple interpretations, though since this region is an oceanic area, I might be able to believe that Nintendo intended for those two to be referring Phantom Hourglass. Skyward Sword itself has a LOT of allusions; one amongst those "pictographs" at Skippers Retreat, is this:

ss-titanic.PNG

Hmmm... where have we seen something like this before?

tnpx-006.jpg

Like, that is so adorable. <3 Sometimes I replay Nintendo games just so I can search for little things like these.

---edit---

I went to the Skipper's Retreat to make sure I understood this correctly. Seems I didn't. You were talking about around the skylight... Actually, that's really interesting. Pardon the quality of the screens, but... these?

ss-skippersretreat-phref.PNG

Nice find! Thank-you for sharing this. ;j

Last edited:

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I looked EVERY where at Skippers Retreat because I thought there was something hidden. The Titanic thing is Hilarious!!

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
I remember finding some on those in my first playthrough; considering Phantom Hourglass was actually my first Zelda game, discovering those was a blast.

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
I didn't see that! I really should start taking time to notice things instead of playing straight through. This reminds me of the Skyward Sword poster in Gerudo Fortress :)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Wow, nice find! That's impressive! I'm definitely going to check that out next time I'm in Skipper's Retreat. I really should learn to pay more attention to my surroundings. ^^

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
wow I never looked around that place that is amazing and I love the Titanic reference (any one going to go see it in 3D not to be off topic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom