• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Phantom Ganon - 20 Times

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I´ve played "Ocarina of Time" today. I did defeat Phantom Ganon. It took me at least 20 tries to beat him.

Am I a looser? I surely feel like one!

Do you guys (and girls) believe that Phantom Ganon is a rough and a tough boss?

How many times does it take for you to beat him (it)?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Ah my god. I tried fighting him like 20 times too. I just couldn't do it. I actually gave up and sold my version of OoT it annoyed me so much. Then I re-bought it at some point, and had to start again, and I tell you, I beat him first time -.-. That was so frustrating and annoying. I've found him too be the hardest boss in OoT, as far as I've got that is. So up to the water temple.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I honestly don't remember it taking that many times the first time I played it, but I helped a younger relative with Phantom Ganon a short while ago and found him frustratingly hard to defeat. I think it took me in the mid to high teens to finally accomplish it.

I thought maybe it was because I was rusty with the controls overall after not playing the game for a good while, but it seems maybe I was just wrong in thinking my initial battle with him 10 years ago was easier... :P

Zarom

The King
During my first playtrought, I had a hard time figthing him. He was realy tough. I think I have tried it about 6 times or more. I always tought he was one of the hardest boss. Not stronger than Ganon/dorf, tough. And now I don't have anymore difficulties killing him.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
I remember my first time playing OoT and he was a real tough boss in my opinion. I had just like the same, i needed a real long time to beat him into the grounds. I remember i had 2 or 3 bottles with fairies and still lost to him. I have to say the first half with the Arrows wasn't that difficult. It was really annoying seeing Phantom Ganon in 2 or 3 ways. If you looked at the fake one you must hurry for his lightning strike. Be hit by this attack is a lose of 3 hearths i thought. I didn't have many hearths in that time so 3 attacks were fatal for Link or just me.

The second half was more annoying. I had problems with returning the Licht Balls, if it are lightballs, to Phantom Ganon. The problems are starting if he flies a little bit above the ground, the Licht Balls aren't returning well and goes to a real wrong way instead of hitting him. Well sometimes if you are lucky you can hit him but it's better when he flies higher, If he is in the higher level the Balls are returning very well and nothing goed wrong. So since i figure that out i waited till he was flying higher.

I think i have challenged him also like 20 times or less or more, don't remember it. I only remember i couldn't beat him even with fairies. But all the bosses from OoT were difficult and rough in the begining.
It's not you El Bagu, you aren't the loser, if it was your first time it's very normal to take 20 times beating it. If you didn't use fairier you are even better than me, i lost with them too.

Anyway, if i gonna play OoT ever again i could defeat him without losing a life, you have to pick up each boss. And the more you play it the easier the bosses will be. I still love the boss Phantom Ganon, and it's nice to remember a hard time beating him.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Um, what? Phantom Ganon was a pushover. Learn the timing and space yourself and you never get hit. The glowing "shadow" of the projectile is always a tell, and it's reminiscent of the Ganondorf battle later. All you do is rotate yourself in a circle with the bow to stop his painting charge thingy- people say there's two, and one's an illusion, but firing at the first one has never failed me. Honestly, he's not that hard. Then again, when I played Ocarina of Time I was also playing Partners in Time, so I guess maybe I was just really practiced with repelling projectiles over and over.

No, I wouldn't call you a loser at all. In fact, I would go as far to say that Phantom Ganon could very well be one of the hardest bosses you have to face in Ocarina of Time given your current status of hearts and equipment. If you were like me, and only had six hearts (minimum without collecting any pieces) like I had the first time through, and you have no idea what to do, it can be very difficult. I don't think it took me ten tries exactly, but itwas quite a few. About 3 or 4 I would say, before I finally mastered his pattern and attacks. So no, for some of us, we find some bosses extremely difficult that some call a piece of cake.

Phantom Ganon has killed me a couple of times throughout my various OoT playthroughs... But I usually have no problem beating him. The worst part is him coming out of the pictures. Then, all you have to do, is have your bow pulled back (so its like first person view), and look around at each one. Then, when you hear that noise of the portal opening, just see which one he's coming out of. Its not that difficult if you can get your timing and reflexes down.

Oh, yes. He was quite difficult for me. I never had as much trouble with any other boss.

I mostly blame how much trouble I had figuring out how to hurt him. Targeting him is completely useless. You have to aim. But even if you do know that, he can be particularly tricky.

I spent forever trying to beat him too. In fact, I gave up playing for a while because I couldn't do it. Imagine my excitement when I eventually figured it out and could continue to the other temples! :xd:

Phantom Ganon in OoT was quite hard the first time I fought him! So many pictures he can come out from, the dark room making it hard to see, and his lightning (which can actually be avoided). The sword fight part after that isn't so hard, but it's that first part that really got to me. Even to this day, I struggle with that boss whenever I fight him. I don't struggle much, because I've played and replayed that game so many times, but I still struggle. I'd even go as far as to say he's harder than Ganon/dorf himself.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ah, Phantom Ganon, the most annoying dungeon boss since Moldorm in ALttP (at least in my opinion anyway :) ). Yeah, he killed me three or four times; even if I had a bottled fairy with me. :xd: It took me a while to figure out how to beat him. But even after I figured it out, I was still getting beat. Eventually I beat him though.

He was a tough boss, so don't think that you're a loser if he beat you that many times. Just consider him to be a worthy opponent. :)

M

madbot231

Dude I agree. Phantom Ganon was a pain. But although he was tuff i still beat him on the first try. Just pay attention at what frame his going to pop out of and you'll have no problem getting past that. The only thing I did find hard was getting past the water temple.

S

Spreeze

I had to fight Phantom Ganon at least 5 times, probably more, to beat him the first time I played. The second file I made, it took maybe 2 or 3 times. But now I can do it in one try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom