• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Perhaps We're to Hard on Them...

I've been thinking recently that we've been to hard on fans of other series', particularly Call of Duty fans. Even I made a joke on this website once about CoD without REALLY playing a CoD game. That little comment was probably the most liked comment I've made (2, maybe 3 likes). I got the chance to play Black Ops 2 recently, and I must say, it was actually pretty fun. So fun in fact I bought the game and got Xbox Live just for that game (And Skyrim DLC). I found that a lot of these stereotypes about CoD gamers aren't true. They're pretty quiet, actually, even when they have microphones. So I apologize.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It's good to see this. Call of Duty got where it is today by being good, people forget that in their hatred. If the games weren't good then they wouldn't sell nearly as well as they do every year. And yeah, if you go on Xbox Live on any game, not just CoD, you'll find very few people talk and the majority that do are talking to their friends and not being arse-bandits.

I often find that people who hate CoD have never played CoD, or have played it "for like, 5 minutes at a friend's house". I'm glad to see that you've decided to make up your own mind and have found a game you enjoy in the process :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, Zelda fans are typically the worse offenders between the two fanbases; Zelda fans are whiny brats who think they know everything when, in fact, they know very little at all. CoD fans might be KNOWN for the 12 year old cussing at everyone, but that isn't the true meat of the CoD fanbase, believe me. I'm a CoD fan myself, from 360 to PC.

The problem isn't the Call of Duty games themselves; believe me, they're very solid and entertaining games. The problem lies with the target audience/mindset that it attacks.

At its most basic stereotypical core, the series thrives off of "hardcore" gamers who's yearly purchases involve their Madden XX and the occasional 1st Person Shooter. Due to a decent amount players being immature 12 year olds/high schoolers/ignorant people in general, it leads to complete elitism. Enjoying a Call of Duty game isn't the problem, the problem arises when people with little gaming experience praise it as the Holy Grail of the video games. It irks me to no end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom