• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Patrons of the Goddesses

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Awesome chapter. Made twice as awesome by the Fact that Zordo was introduced in it.

lol thanks^^

Awesome once again! Who doesn't love an epic cliffhanger?

I know! Even though I hate reading cliffhangers, I really couldn't end the chapter another way so:P

"Hepl us"? I laughed so hard at that. The story's good so far, but I don't really like what happens at the end of the chapter...

(*sinister laugh*) (Now would be a good time to poast your evil Ganny laugh, Mandy:P)

do know when Mirrom comes in?(if he does?)

Next chapter, if not, definitely the chapter after that;)

Double spacing’s back in black. Magic incarnations are in latin.

*Warning: This chapter is rated PG-13. Most of my work is usually around this age range, but there are a lot of references to blood. There is also constant swearing. If this is going to give you any grief, please do not read this. Thank you.*

~Chapter 4~

Pandora immediately abandoned her weapons. She jumped down the building to make sure Drake was fine. It only hit him in the side, but it look like her arrow gone in deep, making the blood spurt out too soon.

Tears began to form. She shook him lightly to get him open his eyes or show any proof that he was alive. She checked his pulse. Still running, but barely. What am I going to do? Pandora asked herself. She noticed goblins started to gather around her and Drake, out for blood and getting ready to strike. Think Pandora. Think. How can I get rid of these enemies? She remembered Farore’s last couple words to her, it will come to you when the time comes, Pandora…

Suddenly, as if she remembered something of the distant past, she quietly whispered one word, “Ventus.” A powerful cyclone started to form around Pandora and the unconscious Drake, sweeping enemies away from their feet and whipping Pandora’s raven black hair around in all directions. The cyclone picked up its speed, sending enemies into the air.

Finally, the goblins started to leave Pandora alone as she eyed them with her fierce green eyes. Pandora placed her hand on Drake’s blood wound on the side of his body, I’m sorry Drake, She apologized as she started to cry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.

“Panda!”A distant voice yelled. Pandora turned around and saw Zordo running towards her and Drake. He glanced at the injured Drake, “Nayru said I can heal people and use the power of water. Let me try and activate my powers!” Pandora let him try to heal Drake and stepped back as he Drake and placed his hand on the blood wound.

Zordo closed his eyes and murmured a word, “Sano,” His hand started to omit a glowing green light, going into Drake’s wound and reversing the damage onto him. The wound started to cover up as if Zordo’s magic was reversed time, “That should do it.”

Pandora gapped at the covered wound, “How… how the hell did you do that?”

Drake began to open his eyes, placing his hand on his forehead, “Where… where I am?” He asked, traumatized and confused. He stared straight up at Pandora and Zordo, “…Panda?”

Pandora smiled, “Sorry Drake. My aim’s getting rusty…” She apologized with grief. She turned to Zordo, “Did you wipe out the other goblins on the other side?” She asked.

“Yup. All taken care of.” He replied, “Did you find the patron of Din?”

Pandora was about to speak, but Drake interrupted her, “Patron of Din?” His fickle expression turned from confused to questioning.

Pandora explained, “Well, apparently, me and Zordo were chosen by the goddesses, Nayru and Farore. We have to save the land and stuff,” She sighed, “But the problem is that there’s two of us, not three, so we’re trying to find the patron of Din.”

Drake closed his eyes as if he was remembering something. He opened his eyes suddenly after a couple seconds, “I’m the patron of Din.”

Zordo and Pandora stared at Drake, but Pandora finally broke the sudden silence and said, “Well, that makes sense.” Drake grinned.

Pandora sensed quiet footsteps trending on the way to her, Zordo, and Drake. She closed her eyes and tried to analyze if it was an enemy’s footsteps or a hylian, It sounds more defined and constant, unlike a goblin… She thought to herself.

“Panda, anything wrong?” Drake asked with his usual fragmented sentence and not using proper language.

“Someone… is coming…” She spoke in an odd voice. She pointed directly west of their current position. Zordo and Drake turned around and looked on west.

An old man said, “Why hello there, youngsters,” He was dressed in a red cloak and held lyre, “You must be the patrons of the goddesses, correct?”

Pandora, Zordo, and Drake nodded, however, Pandora spoke up on their behalf, “Who are you?”

“Who am I?” The old man questioned as he began to strum the strings of his lyre, “I am Thon Havs, the light sage.”

The trio looked at each other in confusion. Zordo said, “Sage?”

Thon asked in a cold tone, “Have you ever heard of the Hero of Time?” He looked at the teenage trio as if they were crazy.

“Yes, actually, unlike these idiots who don’t care about our great land’s history.” Pandora replied sarcastically. Zordo and Drake shot angry looks at her, but she shrugged it off.

“Well, I have awakened as a sage. And I’m going to tell you what I learned from the goddesses.”

TreeHuggerPanda

it sounds awsome! finally, the sage of light! keep up the good. . . awsome work!

Thanks^^

A short chapter, but some comic relief and shtuff. Enjoy!:)

~Chapter 5~

The old man gently ignited a red candle sitting on the ground of the barren chapel, "The goddesses whispered to me that there is a corrupt man from the west and has recruited one of our own - a Hylian," He then placed the flame onto a blue candle, "They have also told me that they have chosen patrons, one who is chosen by the goddeses and blessed with their power, will come together in this very festival," He placed the flame onto one last candle, a green one, "And they will awaken the destined sages, combine with their powers with them, and save the land from the spreading darkness."

He placed his finger in a golden bowl, one filled with a red substance, and drew a circle around the candles, "This is a circle, casted to protect us from the growing darkness." The flames of the burning candles ignited passionately, giving off a glowing red hue.

Pandora wrinkled her nose, "Is that... blood?" The powerful stench smelled thick and sour, almost as if it was fresh and straight from a human body, No, Panda... She told herself, You aren't a vampire.

Drake quickly changed the topic, "So... you're saying that we're the ones who are supposed to save this land...?" Drake asked, trembling for some odd reason.

Why is Drake trembling? Pandora asked herself, He isn't like this... She smiled, "I've been waiting around for an excuse to leave that boring village!"

Zordo said, "You do know that this is going to be a perilous journey, one that will be a difficult one..." His eyes glistened with concern, especially for Pandora.
Pandora scoffed, "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean that I handle danger!" She shouted in anger. Drake rolled his eyes, used to her feminist attitude.

"Pandora..." Thon said gently, "What Zordo means is that he's concerned for all of you in general because you are fighting darkness... It might even cost you your lives if you aren't careful and quick enough..." Zordo nodded in agreement.

Pandora countered, "Whatever! I'm going on this journey! It seems worthwhile to me!"

"This is no time to be selfish about our own lives when everyone as theirs at stake... I'll go..." Drake said.

"I guess I have to go too," Zordo shrugged, "What do we have to do now, old man?"

The elderly man sighed, "Now you have to find the other sages," He paused, "I sense grave danger in the forest region of Hyrule..."

Pandora smiled excitedly, brimmed to the top with fuming happiness, "Then let's go!" Before she could run out of the chapel, the old man whipped a dagger at Pandora, piercing through the hem of her tunic and landed on the floor. Pandora slowly turned around, shaking and trembling.

Zordo and Drake stared at the old man, who was acting like nothing had happened. Thon spoke, "Do not rush me, young one. This sage that dwells within the forest region has not awakened, unlike myself. But of course, if you are powerful, wise, and courageous as the goddesses claim, this shall be an easy task for you."

The trio gulped and wondered if their goddesses had made a mistake in choosing them to be their patrons.

amaterasu

Writer
This is the one that I signed up for being the water temple sage right? Meh. Idek. Can't wait for the next chapter though! Make it snappy puh-leeze!

TreeHuggerPanda

hee hee, this is gonna be fuuuun. . . .

I know =D

wait so they guy just stabbed Panda in the leg! jerk. lololololol

It went past the fabric of her tunic, but it didn't stab her leg.

This is the one that I signed up for being the water temple sage right? Meh. Idek. Can't wait for the next chapter though! Make it snappy puh-leeze!

Sorry you had to wait. I was just too lazy to type it up and edit it. And I checked and you didn't even sign up:P

Yeah, sorry for the wait. Been so busy running around and stuff. Enjoy!^^

~Chapter 6~

As the trio began to tread along to the forest area, crawling with little monsters, they began to feel queasy about the quest and doubts of their goddesses’ choices. A soft lullaby interrupted their thoughts and they looked ahead into a small clearing. A mysterious figure stood on a tree stump, gently plucking the strings of a harp to a familiar, yet hazy tune.

Drake, being Drake, stepped forward and immediately demanded, “Who are you?” The strumming of the strings continued, as if the figure didn’t hear or ignored him, “Who are you?!”

Suddenly, the lullaby stopped, “Patrons of the Goddesses…” In a whispery-like voice, he spoke, “You must go to the Great Deku tree…” He disappeared into thin air, leaving behind a wooden harp in his place.

Zordo took the wooden harp from the tree stump and said, “Well… that was… um, mysterious…” He asked the fellow patrons, “Should we listen to him and go to this Great Deku tree?”

Pandora piped up, “It couldn’t hurt to try.” The trio nodded and continued into the thick forest. Childish laughter surrounded them as they continued deeper and deeper into the forest. Pandora thought, I bet there are people living in this forest…

Up ahead, there was a huge clearing in the middle of the forest that held houses and a stream. It was cleared of trees, except for one that stood near the back of the little village.

"Welcome!" A little girl, no older than the age of seven, greeted the trio with a wave from atop a watch tower, "We've been expecting three Hylians from the Outside."

Pandora, Drake, and Zordo just stared at the little girl, who was now climbing down from the watch tower. Pandora thought, How... how did they know we were coming?

"You need to go see the Great Deku Tree now..." She said as she began to lead the trio to the back of the village. All of the houses, atop from trees, stood still and quiet as if it was the dead of the night.

Zordo spoke up, "Why are there no people out and about?"

The little girl said, "Well... people are afraid of Outsiders and we don't get them to often here at the Forest of Beginnings." She looked a little sad, glinting worry and pain off of her deep green eyes, "But the Great Deku Tree knows I'm not afraid of Hylians, so he put me in charge of looking out for the Outsiders."

We must be very important to the Great Deku Tree then... I wonder if he can tell us about awakening the sages? Pandora wondered as they began to approach the huge tree.

"Great Deku Tree! I found the Outsiders!" The girl chimed as they approached the tree. The trio just stared at the Great Deku Tree and thought, How did he grow that huge?

"Thank you Lilly." The tree said while the trio stared at him in shock. The tree noticed that the trio was gaping at him, "What? Is there something on my face?"

Drake spoke up, "No, we were just surprised that you can talk..."

"Well, everything can talk, but they are barely audible and you have to listen closely and hear the whispers of the wild." The tree replied, "But anyways, I asked Lilly to bring you here because I have to teach you how to awaken the sages."

"How?" Pandora demanded immediately.

"One of the patrons must sing a sacred blessing while connecting their own power within the sages." The tree said. Drake and Zordo looked at the clueless Pandora and decided in their heads that Pandora was going to sing the blessing.

Pandora, suddenly, almost could hear the blessing. She concentrated her hearing onto the wispy lyric.

O deae, in nostra praesentia
Oportet satisfaceret pro peccatis nostris
Dimitte nobis, o cordate deae,
despondi enim vos nobis in vitam.

Bellatores tui sumus,
pugnans contra malum quod imminet
vos, vos ad vitam tuendam
despondi vos nos.

Filii vestri sumus,
gaudium,
superbia tua,
ames.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
WHOOO! Awsome, but, as always, i have a bit of nit-picking to do. ok first, you know that ALL kokiri have BLUE eyes right? but you did an excellent job. . .were the giggles the kokiri, or skull kids. . . (I wonder who the harp player was. . .nobody i know obvoiusly) you did a great job, and guess what! I made a some-what siggy! the link to my new fan-fic is the first one, leave a comment on how bad, or good it was. . .

TreeHuggerPanda

WHOOO! Awsome, but, as always, i have a bit of nit-picking to do. ok first, you know that ALL kokiri have BLUE eyes right? but you did an excellent job. . .were the giggles the kokiri, or skull kids. . . (I wonder who the harp player was. . .nobody i know obvoiusly) you did a great job, and guess what! I made a some-what siggy! the link to my new fan-fic is the first one, leave a comment on how bad, or good it was. . .

Really? I really don't care about authenticity since it's a character someone signed up as but I'll keep that in mind for late use.

FINNALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took you long enough. But really good chapter. Even if it's a fan fic and you can't hear anything, I'm glad that Pandoras doing the singing.

I figured that if I'm going to have one of the patrons sing, then it has to be Pandora since... I would imagine that Drake and Zordo... well... would sing very badly, let's put it that way XD

Sorry K4. I can't help it but I just have to post the next chapter today >_< But yes, Panda is being possessed and having back-to-back chapters as an apology for having a chapter late. If Panda was not possessed, she would be lazy and loafing around and being bored instead of writing the next chapter! She would also say "too bad!" to her faithful fans! Possessed Panda says enjoy the short chapter!

~Chapter 7~

Pandora's eyes slowly fluttered open, breaking her concentration on the whispers of life as they praised the Goddesses. Lilly, the Great Deku tree, Zordo, and Drake all were staring at her. Pandora said rudely, "Why are you staring at me?"

Drake rolled his eyes, "Well, for one thing, you closed your eyes for five minutes straight and we got worried. Well, Zordo and I did."

"That is because Pandora was listening for the sacred song of the Goddesses from the life around us." The Great Deku tree explained. "She looked like she was learning the song from them, at least."

Lilly smiled shyly, "I guess Pandora has to find the Sages then..."

Pandora was now confused, How do I even find the sages? She asked herself. "So I have to sing the song and connect powers with the sages? How do I do that?"

"Just try touching Lilly's palms. I sense great power inside of her, the same kind of power I sensed inside of another individual a long time ago..." Pandora nodded and touched Lilly's palms. She felt a sudden surge of power inside of the little girl as she gently pressed on Lilly's porcelain-like skin.

She opened her mouth and began to sing the familiar lyric:

O deae, in nostra praesentia
Oportet satisfaceret pro peccatis nostris
Dimitte nobis, o cordate deae,
despondi enim vos nobis in vitam.

As she sang each word, her voice became sweeter and purer, meaning every ancient script.

Bellatores tui sumus,
pugnans contra malum quod imminet

A light flashed. There was a chamber, the same one from her dream. There were two people forming a circle around her, which she could easily recognize as Zordo and Drake. In the middle of their circle, there was a blank, silver spot. Surrounding the three patrons, there was a huge circle consisting of a platforms of different colors. Only the yellow one and the green one had a small ball of light sitting on top of a platform.

vos, vos ad vitam tuendam
despondi vos nos.

The green orb was glowing brighter and brighter, even omitting a woodsy, pine tree-like scent. The orb deepened its hue into a dark, hunter green.

Filii vestri sumus,
gaudium,
superbia tua,
ames.

Another blinding light. The image of the chamber disappeared and Pandora was still touching Lilly's palms. Lilly spoke in her soft voice, "Thank you Pandora... I have awakened as a sage..."

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
YAY!!!!! , it was obvoius that she was the sage of forest from the start, she has sarias peronality, brave, and stong-willed, cant wait for the rest of the story. . .

amaterasu

Writer
hooray for Lilly being like Saria! Well, sorta. or, somthing. Idek, but, another great chapter i must admit.

TreeHuggerPanda

YAY!!!!! , it was obvoius that she was the sage of forest from the start, she has sarias peronality, brave, and stong-willed, cant wait for the rest of the story. . .

I kind of portrayed her as Saria by accident, but I tried to tone her down a little bit while I was editing into a shy, quiet person.

hooray for Lilly being like Saria! Well, sorta. or, somthing. Idek, but, another great chapter i must admit.

Thanks!^^

It's official. Panda is being possessed. She has Chapter 8 done the day after she got Chapter 7 done. Possessed Panda says that she's going to try and come up with snappy chapter titles. She also says enjoy.

~Chapter 8~
Drake is a Pyromantic

It was dead at night, only a little after midnight. Pandora lazily eased into sleep in the small tree house that Lilly offered to house the three patrons, since they did not have anywhere to go. The cool night air brushed up against her long, raven black mane and soft, plush blankets covered up her cold body.

I can't believe just this morning I was sleeping in the stables with Drake poking me awake... She thought as she turned to her side, And now I'm sleeping next to a boy I just met today and Drake in a tree house with a girl I met only a couple hours ago... She slowly closed her eyes, unaware that she was trying to fight off sleep. Wait... She sensed something dark and shady, something that could potentially harm her or someone she cared about. It stench was powerful, elegant, yet dark and mysterious. What is this feeling? She asked herself.

The scent grew stronger and stronger and Pandora sensed that it was coming closer and closer. Suddenly, she heard a deafening scream. Lilly. The boys' eyes snapped open automatically at Lilly's scream. Her blankets were rumpled together, with one (and not to mention important) person gone.

"We have to find her!" Pandora shrieked with her heart beating rapidly and frantically searching for her weapons. She felt a sudden sharp pain on her right foot. "Ow!" She moved her right foot on top of her blankets and picked up what stabbed her. A loose arrow head. She sighed in annoyance with a bitter expression on her face.

"Panda, are you bleeding?" Drake asked kindly as he tried to find his way through the dark, one-room tree house.

Enraged by Drake's comment, she replied, "Of course I am, you idiot!" Pandora sat down on the now blood-spattered blankets and held her foot on her lap.

Zordo, quick on his feet and apparently has night vision, he avoided the area that Pandora placed her arrows at and sat down on her blanket. He said, "Let me see it."

Pandora scoffed, "You can't see it, idiot." She said, stating pure logic, "It's midnight and it's dark."

Zordo rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean." Pandora shoved her foot on his lap and Zordo said the magic healing words, "Sano." The blood stopped pulsing through the gash and started to close up. Pandora started to relax as she wiped off the blood she lost herself.

"Okay, now what are we going to do about Lilly?" Drake asked impatiently. "She just got kidnapped and you guys are still concerned about ditsy Panda having her foot stabbed by an arrow head?"

Pandora smacked him with the back of her hand with all of her strength, making sure a bright red bruise showed on his head. She then changed the subject, "Okay, let's be extra careful now and get our stuff and find Lilly."

After about five minutes of finding all of their scattered weapons and items, smacking Drake a couple of times for abusing the fact that he knew Pandora for a long time, and tripping over various, random objects, they were finally ready to go. The village seem to appear unchanged even after Lilly's thunderous scream. I wonder why... Pandora thought as they began to look around the quiet, dark village. She could sense a powerful spirit, lingering further and further away from the Forest of Beginnings. Oh no... Lilly won't be able to survive too long without the power of the forest... She begun to focus her energy on locating her.

"I know where she is." Zordo said after a couple seconds. "She's in this old temple... outside of the Forest... and there's a path that could get us there easily..." He pointed his finger south from their current position. "Right there. That's the path."

The trio quickly dashed towards the path. It was closed in by trees and there was a sign, blocking anyone who wanted to go to the temple. "I can't see it..." Drake stated the obvious, "But let me try to burn this annoying sign down." Pandora and Zordo only sighed while Drake closed his eyes and tried to remember anything the fiery goddess, Din, told him. After a coupe seconds, he opened his eyes again and said, "Ignis." The sign suddenly bursted into flames and the smell of old hickory and ashes filled the patrons' noses. The flames eventually died down and the sign was only charcoal remains. "Cool!" Drake said, grinning at his handiwork.

Pandora rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Let's go."

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Cool, bit boring but you did an alright job, different than lily going to the temple herself like saria. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom