• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
@Doc What made you think the initial 16 damage I took today was poison, rather than something else, seeing as the damage was different from yesterday?[/QUOTE]

I hadn't been paying attention to the amount of damage you received yesterday, and didn't realize it was all 8 until you pointed it out. Also, there didn't seem to be any indication of what attacked you, unlike other attacks that have occurred.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I had this long post conjured, but the power went out. I'll write it now, but for your entertainment pleasure

Storm

okay so day 1 I wasn't here so whatever. day 2 viral took a good bit of damage, and Tristan took a lot and nowe here we are. you know what time it is is is time for
The Mothafukkin list
1. Viral Maze-61
2. Mido-62
3. DekuNut-0
4. LittleGumball-0
5. Johnny Sooshi-0
6. Storm-0
7. Tristan-121
8. Doc-0
9. Heroine of Time-0

Now. a lot of speculation has been cast upon Heroine of Time and Mido. I for one do not see why Mido is getting Flak just for being how Mido is, semi-active at best. I do not feel Mido is scummy at all, and I think we all know my feelings on Heroine. so let me do my Scummy to not Scummy List

1. Heroine of Time
2. LittleGumball ( you asked to be scum, who is to say you got your wish)
3. Doc (I think youre okayish for now, but I'm watching)
4. DekuNut ( I can't let my friendship to you leave me blinded to you possibly being a scum, but you're mostly null)
5. Mido (you are the null read)
6. Johnny Sooshi- (I know youre a mod and extremely busy so I won't harp you about not being that active, so relax
7. Viral Maze (I don't think it's you, but it is day 3... and you know what it means if youre still alive day 3...)
8. Tristan ( look at all that damage)

So, as always, tell me what I did wrong, what I did right, and what you think

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
@Storm what's the differences between LG, Doc, Dekunut, Mido and Johnny? Just looking at your list and explanation they seem null reads/have a contrived reason to place them higher or lower on the list. What makes Johnny more then LG or Doc scummier than Mido? It's not well detailed in your list.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm actually finding this hard to believe.
To be fair, I didn't notice the damage was different either. I totally thought it was the poison, too. Maybe Doc's more meticulous than I am though, I dunno.

@Heroine of Time if you had to attack someone right now who would it be?
Storm still, I guess? For the same reasons as before. I don't have any strong suspicions.

1. Heroine of Time
Man. You put me at the top of your list, but unlike absolutely everyone else, you didn't even give me a reason so that I could defend myself. :(

8. Tristan ( look at all that damage)
Why does damage make you think Tristan is Town?

---

It seems that the reason people suspect me is because I wanted to attack Storm to prove whether or not he could heal himself. That, and inactivity, which I can't help and I'm certainly not alone in. I'm sure a big part of this is just because we have no other leads, but I have to try to defend myself anyway.

I had a legitimate reason to attack Storm. My attack is actually incredibly weak, apparently -- weaker than anyone else who's publicly attacked so far -- and I figured a small amount of damage wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run, especially if he was a self-healer. If I was actually scum, don't you think I would have stayed back and avoided drawing attention to myself like that? If I really wanted Storm dead, I would have just found some better reason to get the Town to bandwagon with me -- there was enough suspicion on him already in the previous day -- or at the very least found a better reason for my vote.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
@Heroine of Time Do you believe his ability to heal himself, if he does have one, if indicative of a town role? Meaning you'd be willing to bet that scum does not have self-healing powers (or at least in the way they appear to work to work for Storm).
If it could be a mafia or town role, then you'd just be wasting your attack and time (and our time) as it would get us nowhere.

Heroine of Time

@Heroine of Time Do you believe his ability to heal himself, if he does have one, if indicative of a town role? Meaning you'd be willing to bet that scum does not have self-healing powers (or at least in the way they appear to work to work for Storm).
If it could be a mafia or town role, then you'd just be wasting your attack and time (and our time) as it would get us nowhere.
I feel like it's more likely to be mafia-aligned if he does turn out to have a self-heal, simply for the fact that he told us he didn't have one.

Storm

@Storm what's the differences between LG, Doc, Dekunut, Mido and Johnny? Just looking at your list and explanation they seem null reads/have a contrived reason to place them higher or lower on the list. What makes Johnny more then LG or Doc scummier than Mido? It's not well detailed in your list.

well when you have 8 people to profile, somebody has to be 3, somebody has to be 4. somebody has to be 5, somebody has to be 6. Since this is the August Game, most people are at school, getting into that autumn work rush or what have you so this game is rather quiet with only half of the participants talking. I made the list. the differences are contrived I agree, but still.
Little Gumball is my 2. I say this because she specifically asked to be scum. and Linkdude said he would

Doc is 3. because I feel he is there. a contingency in case HoT or LG turn town

Dekunut and Mido are in the middle. prolonged social interaction with these two have made it so that I read them so well that I become biased and so they are there.

and there is no difference how stupid would I list look if everyone was on a 2? it wouldn't be a list, it would be a " hey i'm pointing this 1 person out and everyone else is equal"

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This is actually something interesting to think about. I wouldn't mind you checking that out by attacking him (it appears my attack is quite large compared to others, so I won't do it myself), though I disagree with the results. I just feel like scum with a healing factor like that would be a little OP. I mean, think about how much damage he healed every 12 hours. That's a lot.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Also, as an update, looks like I'm off all weekend, so I'll try to ISO a few people over that time. Heroine, Mido, and Storm seem to be the big topics as of now, so probably them.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Dekunut and Mido are in the middle. prolonged social interaction with these two have made it so that I read them so well that I become biased and so they are there.
So become unbiased. You cannot be biased in a game like this.

Little Gumball is my 2. I say this because she specifically asked to be scum. and Linkdude said he would
terrible reason to suspect someone.

the only reason libk would purposely manipulate roles is if we were playing a bastard game, which this is not.

Heroine of Time

Town has no reason to lie?

Also feel free to attack Storm, you don't need our permission to do something.
Definitely not waiting for permission. I was more waiting to see if a better target would show up today. I didn't want to waste my attack right away.

This is actually something interesting to think about. I wouldn't mind you checking that out by attacking him (it appears my attack is quite large compared to others, so I won't do it myself), though I disagree with the results. I just feel like scum with a healing factor like that would be a little OP. I mean, think about how much damage he healed every 12 hours. That's a lot.
I feel like a heal could be equivalent to a godfather bulletproof in this game. A self-heal would be just as "OP" as Town anyway. Besides, didn't someone mention that Reaper (a likely mafia candidate) could heal himself?

Also, why is this interesting now but not the two other times I mentioned it? :/

and there is no difference how stupid would I list look if everyone was on a 2? it wouldn't be a list, it would be a " hey i'm pointing this 1 person out and everyone else is equal"
You didn't have to make it a list then... Pointing out one person as scummy is something that happens all the time in mafia.

All of your reasoning appears to be based more on arbitrary outside game information than anything. LG because Linkdude said he'd make her scum -- which means nothing. DekuNut because you're friends with him and feel biased (?). Even with me apparently because you haven't played with me before. Is there nothing in their posts that says something one way or another?

Also... Shouldn't you being friends with someone give you more of an advantage in reading them? You should be able to know more about their personality and how they'd react to situations, and how they'd lie. You even said yourself that you can read them well. What does your reading tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom