• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Outer Space

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I guess one of my burning questions besides if there's life out there is the existence of wormholes. While they can theoretically exist, are they really out there somewhere? And if so, will we ever be able to create one or make use of one ourselves? It'd sure make space exploration a lot more plausible

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I guess one of my burning questions besides if there's life out there is the existence of wormholes. While they can theoretically exist, are they really out there somewhere? And if so, will we ever be able to create one or make use of one ourselves? It'd sure make space exploration a lot more plausible
They're a prediction of general relativity, and since general relativity correctly predicted the existence of black holes, the geodetic effect, gravitational waves, and explained the perturbations in Mercury's orbit, odds are that wormholes exist.

To what extent though might be another question.

Are we talking stable wormholes, or due to physical reasons, are all wormholes unstable?

Some empirical data definitely would help, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom