• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ordona

S

Slim Shady

I see that many of you don't remember ordona when talking about TP, though i was cruising through tp and i saw ordona, and that caused a question to arise: the other spirits are all representatives of the gods (faron-farore, eldin-din, Lanayru- nayru) and i kept asking myself who does ordona represent, and i kept that question in mind for a long time, at least until ss came out, when i played ss and heard the first mention of the godess Hylia i imeadiatly though maybe ordona actually represents Hylia, but, later that day i researched and found there already is a theory where ordona is actually the leader of the spirits having a piece of each godess' name (Or-farORe do-Din and na-NAyru) though i didn't think so, but after further analisation i merged both theories together... well not really, i came to the conclusion that Ordona might be the leader but represents Hylia or as another theory i later discovered on the same subject stated that maybe they were the dragons that Hylia chose having the same name and all, though in a different "embodiment." then maybe ordona would actually be levias, and well that was my final conclusion. Since the dragons all have other "embodiments" on tp why not Levias and my conclusion is that Ordona is actually Levias other then a merging between the godesse's names or the spirits' leader though i haven't ruled out the possibility of Ordona representing Hylia. Tell me what you think about this mess... and also feel free to add me as a friend.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Very interesting theory but I don't think Ordona has/had a very big role in the whole goddess thing. You should check out Hyrule Historia, that should help.

I'm not sure if Ordona was supposed to Levias since their names are completely different. But the mergings of different goddess names might be possible. Or Ordona could be another dragon we haven't seen.

Hmm. I really don't know what to say on this matter... Ordona province doesn't really seem to be part of Hyrule's mainland, maybe she's a different goddess that's not mentioned in the normal creation stories of Hyrule.

There is nothing at all that connects Ordona and the Ordon province with Levias or Hylia. Possibly Ordona is a combination of the names from the 3 goddesses, but it's a long shot considering Din only gives a letter 'd', which is why I don't think that is the case. You think if they had done that, it would be Ordina. Ordona province is small and is named after the village which get its name from possibly the goats. Therefore the light spirit could be named after all that and Ordona appears as a goat. My thinking is that some people left Hyrule and expanded southward to make the new village, thus a new light spirit was created to watch over these lands. In TP, the idea from a few people is that Ordon village is not part of Hyrule.

Ordona's name could have many origins, inexplicable ones, but I doubt it has any connections to Levias or anyone of his stature. Perhaps its name derives from the word ordinary, which might serve to further emphasize its lesser qualities by comparison the other Light Spirits, whom are all named in honor of Faron, Lanayru, and Eldin (and by extension, the Golden Goddesses). This extends to their respective provinces as well. I've also read a little tidbit about its name probably being an anagram of the word "donor" (with an "a" added), seeing as how the Ordon Province is the place where Link's journey starts in Twilight Princess and things are sort of "donated" to him in preparation for his quest. If any connections to Levias exist in TP, I'd wager it has something to do with the City in the Sky (via retcon).

There might also be the slim that Ordona will be introduced and explained in a future Zelda title, similar to the way Hylia was introduced. There were things named in honor of Hylia way before she was even made known to exist, and it just so turned out that she's appeared in every Zelda game to date. [noparse]:P[/noparse] (see Hylians and Lake Hylia)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I dont think Ordona would be Hylia. otherwise why would there be a Lake Hylia, and why would it be in a province other than Ordona?

Pen

The game is on!
I don't think Ordona needs to have anything to do with the goddesses whatsoever. Clearly Ordona wasn't always part of Hyrule, in the legend told to Link by Lanayru there were only three Light Spirits before, supposedly Faron, Eldin and Lanayru, and those were the only provinces we visited in Skyward Sword.

According to my theory Ordona is a conquered province that didn't belong to Hyrule long before the events of Twilight Princess. And even in Twilight Princess people don't really conceder Ordona to be part of Hyrule.

K

Kaepora

could it possibly be majORa and ordona province is part of termina that would explain how link is a decendent of the link in majoras mask

Pen

The game is on!
could it possibly be majORa and ordona province is part of termina that would explain how link is a decendent of the link in majoras mask

Termina is an alternate dimension to Hyrule, so the Ordona Province couldn't possibly be part of Termina since it's clearly the same dimension as Hylule.

By the way, I had a thought that Farore might have given names to both FARon and ORdona... That's probably not the case though...

Non-Epic

Resident Cucco Kicker
Labrynna, because Hyrule is too mainstream.
Ordona's name could have many origins, inexplicable ones, but I doubt it has any connections to Levias or anyone of his stature. Perhaps its name derives from the word ordinary, which might serve to further emphasize its lesser qualities by comparison the other Light Spirits, whom are all named in honor of Faron, Lanayru, and Eldin (and by extension, the Golden Goddesses). This extends to their respective provinces as well. I've also read a little tidbit about its name probably being an anagram of the word "donor" (with an "a" added), seeing as how the Ordon Province is the place where Link's journey starts in Twilight Princess and things are sort of "donated" to him in preparation for his quest. If any connections to Levias exist in TP, I'd wager it has something to do with the City in the Sky (via retcon).

There might also be the slim that Ordona will be introduced and explained in a future Zelda title, similar to the way Hylia was introduced. There were things named in honor of Hylia way before she was even made known to exist, and it just so turned out that she's appeared in every Zelda game to date. [noparse]:P[/noparse] (see Hylians and Lake Hylia)

Building on the Ordinary fact, Shad says Ordon isn't Hyrule proper. This means that it's jsut other land, not Hylians; and Ordonians are humans, not Hylians, hence the normal ears.

Building on the Ordinary fact, Shad says Ordon isn't Hyrule proper. This means that it's jsut other land, not Hylians; and Ordonians are humans, not Hylians, hence the normal ears.

I never got that though. If Ordona isn't part of Hyrule, why is it called a province? Should it not be the Nation of Ordona or just Ordona or something? Maybe it's an annexed territory but not fully part of Hyrule. In that case it should be the Ordona Territory or some such thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom