• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle of Seasons vs Oracle of Ages

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Although I love both games I have a personal bias here. D; I'd rather play a steady paced game than one where I have to work my way threw tough spots, one after another, which I felt I was doing constantly in Ages.

Seasons, I actually rented when it first came out (I'm sure some of you remember the GB rental phase blockbuster went threw) and it was like reading a good book: I just couldn't put it down! In fact I found it very hard to return it.. ;.; When I got ages, I was constantly pulling out my players guide which is a bit inconvenient when your playing a "portable" game. D: and even then, I get stuck far too often for my taste.

And I too like the Seasons story a bit more, more likely because it was the first one I played. ^^; Plus the Rod of Seasons is awesome to play with. <3

K

Konota

OOA is better then OOS!!!!!!!!!!!

OOA: Better story and Dungeons!

OOS: Crapy story and crapy Dungeons!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
OOA is better then OOS!!!!!!!!!!!

OOA: Better story and Dungeons!

OOS: Crapy story and crapy Dungeons!

This post makes no sense. I understand how you (and others) can prefer OoA but as I see it the two games are far too similar storywise and regarding dungeons for anyone to say that one is crap and the other is good. But I guess you never said that OoA is good? Only that you think it is better.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
This post makes no sense. I understand how you (and others) can prefer OoA but as I see it the two games are far too similar storywise and regarding dungeons for anyone to say that one is crap and the other is good. But I guess you never said that OoA is good? Only that you think it is better.

That post was total spam crap!
Anyways, I really like themboth, and yes, storyline they're very similar, the only thing that makes me choose is the fact that OoA has better puzzles.
But I like to think of them as one big two-part game

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
I prefer Oracle of Ages. I don't really know why, I just think that OoA has a much more deeper story line than that of OoS. I also thought changing time periods was more interesting than changing the seasons. Don't get me wrong though, they are both great games to play and I have lots of memories (good and bad) of playing these games.

R

Ralph

Ive played and beaten them both and Ages is harder than Seasons but i "enjoy Seasons" more it makes me happy just playing it. I just started a new game on seasons not to long ago and im already at the lost woods :D

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I prefer OoA (Oracle of Ages). it has a deeper storyline and is slightly harder than seasons. I've played them both but my decision rests that i prefer Ages.

F

FinalFantasy

I have only played Oracle of Seasons so I say that Seasons is the best one.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Although I love both games I have a personal bias here. D; I'd rather play a steady paced game than one where I have to work my way threw tough spots, one after another, which I felt I was doing constantly in Ages.

Seasons, I actually rented when it first came out (I'm sure some of you remember the GB rental phase blockbuster went threw) and it was like reading a good book: I just couldn't put it down! In fact I found it very hard to return it.. ;.; When I got ages, I was constantly pulling out my players guide which is a bit inconvenient when your playing a "portable" game. D: and even then, I get stuck far too often for my taste.

And I too like the Seasons story a bit more, more likely because it was the first one I played. ^^; Plus the Rod of Seasons is awesome to play with. <3

I'm 100% agree with you there (minus using the guide for OoA). I think OoA was much harder, but it felt sort of incomplete. OoS seemed to have better characters, more colors, and a more enjoyable, fun atmosphere. Also, I think that Ages took too much from OoT (with the time traveling and such), whereas Seasons felt more unique. I also enjoyed Season's storyline better, not to mention that Onox was waaay cooler than Veran.

In the end, I think that they're both great games. It's just that one of them is slightly better. The Oracle games are two of my favorite games. It makes me sad that Mystical Seed of Courage was never released.

D

DaltonR6

I think theyre both about the same. I have beaten eitehr of them...
I got OoS first, then my fiend gave me OoA

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I have only played OoA, so I'm not very sure about wich is better, but I really enjoyed playing it. The puzzles were hard for me, to the point that my bro helped me a couple times, and I still hope to see the complete story one day.

I enjoyed playing Oracle of Ages better. I liked the time traveling better than season changing aspects.

Shnappy

derp
I haven't played all the way through OoA, but I'm working on it, and from what I've played, I like. I've played through OoS, and I loved it. Both of them are near equal. I do like, though, that there are 4 Seasons in OoS, compared to 2 time periods in OoA. From what I've gathered, OoS is more focused on fighting and OoA is more focused on puzzles. While I like both, as they are the main feature of the Zelda series, I'm kind of more of that fighting type of guy, as far as Zelda games though, while puzzles can be real entertaining too. I can't really know until I finish OoA, but for now, OoS wins.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I bought both games at the same time about a year and a half ago, and I decided to play OoA before OoS.

When I compare them, I always see OoA coming out ahead by just a little. In OoA, the overworld was easy for me to remember, I could stop playing for weeks, come back, and imeaditately know where I was in relation to the game world. In OoS however I was always looking at the map because I kept getting lost! I guess it was because I had played OoA first and I was mixing up Labrynna and Holodrum. >.>
For the most part I enjoyed the OoS boss fights more than the OoA ones, and I enjoyed most of the OoA dungeons more than the OoS ones. Also, I found the plot of Ages slightly more interesting than that of OoS. Overall Oracle of Ages is my favorite of the two. Though they are both excellent games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom