• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Operation Moonfall: When Will The Moon Fall?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Today I'm talking about Operation Moonfall, for people who do not know what Operation Moonfall is then listen up. For Nintendo's relatively new console the 3DS Ocarina of Time 3D which was a remake of the original game. Now being the sequel Majora's Mask on fans list for the 3DS Consle and that created what is known as Operation Moonfall a group of people trying to get Majora's Mask 3D. I have to say that I'm against Operation Moonfall like ZD's Axle The Beast, but this thread is not about me. I want you guys to say if you support Operation Moonfall, if you think it will happen, and if you think it will how long intilles Nintendo to cracks. Here is mine

I do not support Operation Moonfall

I do not think it will happen

Every so often if this post goes well I will tally the votes.

Last edited:

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I am all for Operation Moonfall, there is no good reason to be against it besides personal opinion, no one has actually stated any factual reasons for Nintendo not to make it.
I can think of a few really good reasons to be for Operation MoonFall; it will bring one of the best Zelda games ever into the modern mobile era, it could fill one of the dry spells so people could get their LoZ fix while waiting for the next game, and it would make Nintendo a bunch more money they could sink into a future game.

Im against because i want new games and it is not needed for the following reasons.
1. bosses are already able to be refought
2. graphics held up better than Oot with expansion pack
3. OoT is the most popular title in the series so it made sence to remake the mosts popular title on the series 25th anniversary
4. MM3d would not sell as well because it is a love or hate game(compared to OoT which almost every Zelda fan loves)

Last edited:

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
Funny. I haven't read any good reasons to support it. In fact, most if not all reasons to have MM remade ARE personal opinions as well, so I don't know where you're trying to go with that. As for your points, I find them half-hearted.

To me, all reasons I have read for Operation Moonfall are half-hearted. I don't want my favorite Zelda game to be remade for such half-hearted reasons. Enlighten me.

The reasons for it may be few, but the reasons against it are none.
There are literally no good reasons to be against MM3D besides "I don't want it to be remade". As I stated already, making it will earn Nintendo money, let people have a mobile version of Majora's Mask, show the game to modern LoZ players, and will let you see the world of Majora's Mask in full 3D with great graphics. I am actually baffled as to how people can be against it besides the fact that they just might not be interested in MM.

Can you come up with four good reasons against it that are as good or better than my reasons for it?

Also, the graphics may have aged better than OoT's, but the models were still fairly blocky, and the world felt pretty barren (Although that sort of added to the darkness of it).

Last edited:
Reasons for it:
- Enhanced controls (motion control aiming, extra item slot, touchscreen menu navigation, key items like ocarina always available, etc.)
- Reprogrammed specifically for the system (no audio glitches or crashes like the Wii Virtual Console and GameCube ports, no trying to force the 3DS to replicate all of the N64 controller's inputs, etc.)
- Improved graphics (if nothing else, the smoother frame rate alone would be nice)

Reasons against it:
- Resources could be put toward developing a new game
- While most agree OoT was a good game, opinions of MM are much more split and it might not have as much of an audience

...and that's really about all I can think of. I'm not counting little bonus stuff like the boss rush because it plays such a small part. I still haven't played the boss rush mode in OoT3D and I would have enjoyed the game just as much if it had not been included.

Personally, I support it. I tried playing Majora's Mask after playing OoT3D and while it was still fun, I found myself wishing I had the new control functionality added in OoT3D. The frame rate seemed really choppy in comparison, too.

Links Brother

We have a tie so far.
For Operation Moonfall: Two
Against Operation Moonfall: Two

My vote is not included.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Honestly, at first I was a little lost on what Operation Moonfall was. I knew it was something about Majora's Mask at first, but it took a little bit for me to pick up on the hints that Operation Moonfall was for a Majora's Mask remake on the 3DS. Even now, I still do support Operation Moonfall mostly due to never playing Majora's Mask ever and because I would love to see a remake of the sequel to one of the greatest Legend of Zelda games ever made.

Due to the time to make a 3D remake of Majora's Mask, Nintendo will most likely not come up with a main Legend of Zelda game again until a couple years after making the remake. This would disappoint me greatly because I do like to see many different Legend of Zelda games with different and unique story lines, unlike any other Zelda game. Also (thinking of the marketing and audience of a Majora's Mask remake), if Nintendo were to make a remake of this dark game, the audience wouldn't be as broad as other games such as Minish Cap and Wind Waker. Majora's Mask is a dark, maybe even scary game for those who are younger Zelda players and coud possibly have a negative affect on younger gamers, if there were a remake.

Although there are many set-backs such as delayed new Legend of Zelda games, there are also many positive things that could come out of Operation Moonfall. Enchanted with 3D graphics, a remake of Majora's Mask would have very polished and maybe even modern graphics with the 3D graphics. And with modern technology, the remake would not be as glitchy as the original game and run more smoothly. Nintendo would also make a lot of money out of the remake and draw in fans who have only played the Ocarina of Time remake and who want to experience the sequel and do not own an N64.

Remember, Majora's Mask is the sequel of the greatest Legend of Zelda game. If Nintendo goes through with Operation Moonfall, then we will have a nicely, re-enchanted game for fans who do not own an N64 (*cough, cough*) me (*cough*) to enjoy this wonderful, dark game too.

I tried playing Majora's Mask after playing OoT3D and while it was still fun, I found myself wishing I had the new control functionality added in OoT3D. The frame rate seemed really choppy in comparison, too.

I tried to aim my Game Cube controller like my 3DS the other day, tilting it around and then realizing Link wasn't doing anything.

Anyway, I support Operation Moonfall, I want Majora's Mask on the 3DS. I kind of have doubts that anything we say or do will make any difference, but just in case, I'm supporting it. I think it would be great to have most of the Zelda games on my 3DS--and yes I think they will put all of the 2D games on the VC--and I'd love to see Majora's Mask with the new graphics of Ocarina of Time 3D.

The reasons for a remake of Majora's Mask can be summed up by: improving the game play (eliminating glitching and lag, better controls, easier to manage the time and save system with the 3DS's sleep mode) improving the appearance of the game (cleaning up the screen, fixing the bloated N64 models, smoothing out the animations), and some other more general things that are based around appealing to the customer (making it a portable game, introducing it to a new generation, making a physical copy available to purchase again). Majora's Mask has always had a lot more technical issues than Ocarina of Time did, so if Ocarina of Time needed a remake, surely Majora's Mask needs one as well. And let me make it clear... We're not asking for this out of the blue, Eiji Aonuma said we might get it if we show a lot of interest, it's not a bunch of random "I want this and that and more more more." It's a response to what he said.

The reasons I hear against it (and my responses to them) are:
-There's no reason for it (which can be countered with "There's no reason against it" and could, theoretically, go back and forth for all eternity. I've stated the reasons for it.)
-"I'd rather have a new game" (I would bet money that you will get a new Zelda game regardless of Majora's Mask 3D. It won't be Nintendo's team working on MM3D, so they will be able to focus on a new game. MM3D will come out between games and not even delay a new one. Ocarina of Time 3D was a special case, because they needed to release games on the 3DS more than they needed to release them on the Wii, so they chose it to come out before Skyward Sword)
-It's not popular (not popular with those imaginary mobs that "underrate" it, right? Come on, have you seen how much of a fuss people make over this game? How is it not popular? It's in the top 4 or 3, if not top 2, of the Zelda titles. It's currently the fourth most registered download in the Wii's VC. Also, with advertising, people outside the Zelda fandom would see it, and anyone who likes Ocarina of Time would probably be interested in it's sequel. Now that the Zelda series has more variety in it, people will be less shocked by how different it is from Ocarina of Time and that won't deter them from purchasing it like it did a decade ago)
-"I don't like Majora's Mask" (so don't buy it?)
-"It will ruin the game for me/in general" (it will not do anything the original game, and you don't have to buy the remake. It annoys me when people say that about OoT3D too. If you like the N64 better then just go play that)
-It will cost Nintendo money (It's a better risk than they take with new games, Majora's Mask has a set fanbase, it's a Zelda title, and Ocarina of Time 3D did extremely well. Being a remake, and using so much from an existing remake, it would take a fraction of the cost of normal game production to make. They are basically guaranteed to profit from it, so to not make it would be a huge missed opportunity)

I feel like a broken record, I know I've said this stuff before, so I'm sorry again if you're tired of hearing me talk. There are a lot of threads about this =\

If MM3D was to be made, I would estimate a release date of next summer if the same engine that was used with OoT3D is reverted to. Perhaps it could be released on December 19 next year.:bleh:

I've been against MM3D since I heard about it, though. Don't get me wrong; I would love to see the game made. I don't wish to come across as hypocritical. However, I'd prefer to see an original game made for the 3DS before Majora's Mask is remade. I already have 4 Zelda ports/remakes for the 3DS and don't wish to get another before something fresh is produced. After we get an original game, I would absolutely love to see Majora's Mask 3D. Until then, no.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hope MM3D will come around next Spring or Summer, would be nice to see the reactions fans have for it.

From a certain standpoint, I can see why people are against it. But then again, what they say about MM original belies what the 'truthfully' believe. I frequently read people's comments saying MM original is perfect, yet when they compare MM to OoT, somehow OoT wins. That is bogus to me, I'm sorry if that offends anyone. If MM is so perfect, how do you find flaws in it? And that's the thing about MM3D; any flaws (frame rate issues aka lag, glitchy textures, sequence breaking etc) could be cleaned up alongside new graphics, gameplay mechanics, maybe even some clarification for those mask subquests could be added. I understand that MM3D would be 'just another port', but are you guys/girls complaining about OoT3D? No? I fully support Op Moonfalls.

Links Brother

Now it seems Operation Moonfall is winning!
For Operation Moonfall: Five!!
Against Operation Moonfall: Three :(

Can the non supporters catch up?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Really though, are there any retorts that one can use against Op Moonfall, besides the silly 'MM iz purfekts da wei itz iss...'? If there are any meaningful ones that could decide where Operation Moonfall succeeds or not, I'd love to read them.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I beleive and hope that it will happen. I don't expect an MM 3D to come out so soon, though. Maybe at a certain period of time after Skyward Sword has had time to sell. I think that Nintendo could make just as much money off of OoT 3D as they could MM 3D, which is more of a reason to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom