• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Water Temple Is It Easy?

OoT Water Temple: Easy or not?

• The temple is easy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The temple is not too hard but not too easy.

• The temple is hard.

• Total voters

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
A lot of people say that the water temple is one of the hardest temples in the game, but I think that the temple is actually pretty easy and not hard at all.

Do you think that the water temple in OoT is hard or not? If it is hard, what makes the temple so hard for you?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Do you think that the water temple in OoT is hard or not? If it is hard, what makes the temple so hard for you?

It's hard on the 9th playthrough because everything looks the same. That makes it impossible for me to remember where anything is.

The Water Temple confuses people with its intricate layout and slower pace underwater. The tedious switching to the iron boots in versions prior to the 3DS remake was also a major gripe. Personally, the dungeon isn't too bad except for the boss, Morpha. The Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask is much harder.

Ganonking said:
It's hard on the 9th playthrough because everything looks the same. That makes it impossible for me to remember where anything is.

No matter how many times I play through the dungeon, I always forget its layout. Seems to be a common curse.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I find the Water Temple to fluctuate between easy and hard. There's this trick I learned called bottoms up, but I forget how to do it from playthrough to playthrough. My next dungeon is actualyl the WT, so lets see how I fare...

Megidrus

Wolf of Time
its hard i like swimming sections but with that temple there was the puzzles the miniboss and the boss the miniboss wasnt really hard but the room before him was so annoying i died like 10 times

I thought the overall difficulty of the temple was fine. What made it very difficult/frustrating for me personally however was its layout. I have absolutely no sense of direction and get lost quite easily, so a place like the Water Temple that all basically looked the same was a nightmare to navigate. I was also confused on where I was supposed to go next sometimes after lowering/raising water levels.

Fig

The Altruist
I found the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time not easy or hard, but challenging. It wasn't easy to the point where it only took me a few minutes, but at the same time, it wasn't hard to the point where I got very frustrated and started to throw the game to the wall! :xd: The point I'm trying to say is that I think the Water Temple is one of the most perfect examples of a good balance of difficulty. It's challenging, but also fair for both beginners and advanced players.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, you see, I never really bothered to memorize everything the first time I played through. So when I did my three heart run, I couldn't find a specific key, and I found it difficult. However, it wasn't so bad in other playthroughs. If I recall correctly, I used a walkthrough my first time, so that doesn't count. But my second time, I thought it was easy.

It differs between each playthrough... But I think I have it memorized now. It's not too hard. ^^

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I actually found it not so difficult, but my top priorities were getting the map, compass, and as many keys as I could find. I made sure to complete every possible objective on a certain floor when I raised/lowered the water level. I think the 3DS version spoils the difficulty of it, since you can go to the Sheikah Stone at any time for hints.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Years of mindlessly replaying the game in every conceivable way have really skewed my knowledge of how difficult the dungeon is for first time players, and has given me the opportunity to master the game and play through all of the dungeons with ease so I don't quite remember how difficult it is for the next few playthroughs. So I voted for the middle option because I couldn't give a fair opinion.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I think that the temple is hard just because it requires a lot of memory and concentration. You need to remember where you've been, what keys you've gotten, what doors you've unlocked, what passages need a certain water level, etc.

I actually thought that Morpha on the other hand was incredibly easy

To me, the Water Temple wasn't a heaping pile of difficulty like some people make it out to be. As long as you know where to go first, and you complete all the puzzles (obtaining all the small keys), this dungeon really isn't that bad. I'd even say it's not any more harder than any of the other adult temples in Ocarina of Time, besides perhaps the Fire Temple.

Overall, my vote goes to "The temple is not too hard but not too easy." Many parts of it have their fair share of difficulty, such as the mini-boss battle against Dark Link, the room where you have to swim around the whirpools, and most of the puzzles. Although, there were a few easy parts, including the boss battle against Morpha. Morpha was a bit difficult, but a pretty simple boss, overall.

I wish Nintendo would take notes on how they practically perfected the dungeon design and difficulty of, not only the Water Temple, but all of the temples in Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom