• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT, MM, and WW Remade for Wii?

Shnappy

derp
I am sure there has been a thread like this before, but I couldn't find one, so here goes.
Should OoT, MM, and WW be remade for Wii? I think it would work better for OoT and MM, rather than WW. Twilight Princess, made for Wii and gamecube, is far more similar to OoT and MM, and for me it is just hard to imagine WW on the Wii, as they wouldn't be able to do much with things like the boat. What are your thoughts?

I really don't think that Nintendo should remake them for Wii.
I think that they were good the way they were.
They also were not made to work with Wii controls.so they probably would not work as games that were made only for the Wii.

Shnappy

derp
They also were not made to work with Wii controls.so they probably would not work as games that were made only for the Wii.

Good point. Although they weren't made with Wii controls, I don't really see a problem with them making them fit the Wii, but they might have to tweak the gameplay a bit to make it more of a TP perspective.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
None of those could work very well. Those games were made specific with button motions. They fight very awkwardly and less free handly. It's just swing left and right. In TP it's swing right left as fast as you can. In OOT and MM, you can't even swing fast.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I woudn´t wanna se a remake of any of those games, not for wii at least. I could love a remake of any Zelda I think, but if the original was a 3D I would want the remake in 2D etc. To remake a 3D game into another 3D game makes no sense for me. You might say, but please the the controllers for wii is superior, I couldn´t agree less :D

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I mentioned this in another thread, but this one's more on topic to my reply. I could see them adding Wind Waker to their "New Play Control" line of games like Metroid Prime and Pikmin. I would love to see it with full widescreen support, and the Twilight Princess controls. Granted, they might have to flip the game as they did TP on the Wii. Even though I have Wind Waker for the GameCube, and those discs work in the Wii, I'd still pick up a New Play version instantly, especially at their lower price point.

I don't see OoT or WW being re-made for the Wii, but WW is an excellent candidate for the "New Play Control" series. I doubt anyone would deny that WW is one of the Game Cube's best games, and since it looks like Nintendo is taking the GC's best titles to re-make for the Wii, I say WW is very likely to get New Play Control.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I don't see OoT or WW being re-made for the Wii, but WW is an excellent candidate for the "New Play Control" series. I doubt anyone would deny that WW is one of the Game Cube's best games, and since it looks like Nintendo is taking the GC's best titles to re-make for the Wii, I say WW is very likely to get New Play Control.
Agreed. Since they are doing the "New Play Control" line of classic GCN games for the Wii, I think WW would be a perfect candidate. Saying that there would be nothing to waggle and point at is just silly. I can think of a million instances where those two features could come in handy. Also, I think the extra item slot would be a great help. I know that WW is one Zelda notorious for having you constantly in and out of your item menu.

As for OoT and MM... meh... I don't see why. They've got OoT on the VC, and I'm positive MM is on the way. Besides, why repackage a product you've already got on the market? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

L

Legendary Chaos

i don't think that they should remake those games because part of why those games are so good is the fact that they're classics. Remaking them would just ruin the games.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The only game I could see them remaking for Wii out of those titles is WW, because they have already started reformatting some of the GCN games to Wii controls. OoT and MM won't be remade and I wouldn't want them to be unless they gave them TP graphics which they would make a new game far before they would remake a game with better graphics.

I don't think those games have really been out long enough to be remade. If you mean just controls, I really wouldn't see much of a point in it. Graphics and all, maybe OoT could be remade sometime, but I doubt for the Wii. They have re-released that game, as well as MM, for the Gamecube, and on Wii's Virtual Console. So I don't really see them remaking them. If anything, I would expect an ALttP remake or maybe even an LoZ or AoL remake before I would the later, 3D games.

A

Abyss Master

Nah, I think the VC titles would suffice for OoT and MM. As for WW, New Play would be cool to an extent. "Use the Wind Waker by waving the Wii Remote!" :D

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Give it another 10 years or so and I think we could justify an OOT/MM remake, but not yet, especially now we have VC.

As many mentioned before, I think the virtual console throws down most of the remake idea down. Besides I think it is time to jump in other games besides OoT.

For the Windwaker, it is too soon, specially when you can simply insert your gamecube disk and play with it.

linkman8

True and Noble
Well for games like OOT and MM, they've already got 'em on the Virtual Console, which serves its purpose at this point, and probably shouldn't need to be remade.
WW doesn't need to be remade either. It was fine on the Gamecube, but if they wasted their time remaking it with Wii controls, then no one would buy it and they'd look like they're trying to make a quick buck.
Ultimately the console based games shouldn't be remade necessarily, (VC is fine) but if they wanted to remake a console game for a handheld, *coughDScough* then I would like that much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom