• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Onox's Motivation?

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
Why in oos is onox's big plan to mess up the seasons? Because it seams like a dumb plan to me.(Just so you know i loved the oracle series but onox's plan made no sense.) Think about it, if it was warm one day and snowed the next how bad could that be, if you were cold go a place where it was summer. Can any one name a bad thing that happened? I just don't get it.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Why in oos is onox's big plan to mess up the seasons? Because it seams like a dumb plan to me.(Just so you know i loved the oracle series but onox's plan made no sense.) Think about it, if it was warm one day and snowed the next how bad could that be, if you were cold go a place where it was summer. Can any one name a bad thing that happened? I just don't get it.

I think it was all about control. Bad guys love to control anything they can. It might also might have been part of a bigger plan, like putting out the sun forever and making a barren wasteland, building his empire up from there. bad guys, especially fantasy bad guys, can use their power for great schemes. Also know that I have never played OoS. I just know how bad guys think.

Edit: I've played OoA, but I haen't played OoS.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think Nintendo Master is on the right track. Constant weather change would have a terrible effect on the environment and on the creatures that live in the environment.Think about it in terms of the real world. There are plenty of natural disasters that rely on the weather to take form, such as tornados. When heat and cold air combine they create funnel clouds that can become tornados and with constant season change this could be possible. There are many people that get sick because of vast temperature changes in a short period of time. Now think if the seasons themselves could change so rapidly. It could cause extreme disease. Ontop of that, it would be nearly impossible to grow crops because the seasons are so out of whack that you wouldnt be able to have enough of one weather to grow a crop in that weather. It may seem pointless, but in the long run it could be VERY disatrous.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
it would be nearly impossible to grow crops because the seasons are so out of whack that you wouldnt be able to have enough of one weather to grow a crop in that weather.
is that true? Because it seams that all of the plants are dead in winter but if you change it to summer the plants will be growing healthy and strong like it has been that season for months. And as I said earlier if the temperature is bad in one pace go to another. But i see your point with the natural disasters. Holodrum is right next to the sea and that would make it the hurricane hot spot.

is that true? Because it seams that all of the plants are dead in winter but if you change it to summer the plants will be growing healthy and strong like it has been that season for months. And as I said earlier if the temperature is bad in one pace go to another. But i see your point with the natural disasters. Holodrum is right next to the sea and that would make it the hurricane hot spot.

Well in the game, the plants flourish rapidly when the season changes to Summer, and everything freezes over when it changes to Winter. But in the real world, rapidly freezing plants and vegetation, then warming back up rapidly would quickly kill out most everything.

I believe the whole point of taking control of the seasons was to simply create turmoil. I agree that the story of OoA was better, but in both games the antagonist was also trying to create turmoil amongst the people of the land. In OoS, this was especially true since there wasn't any other real motive for Onox to be doing what he was doing. But creating all of these problems for the people of Holodrum would render them helpless to trying to do anything about him helping in the revival of Ganon, which was of course the ultimate goal of all antagonists of the two games.

I believe that Twinrova had Onox capture Din so they could use the destructive power of a seasonless land to light one of the flames that had to be lit for Twinrovas resurrection spell to revive Ganon.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Onox was to light the flame of Destruction in order to revive Ganon, he did just that by the end of OOS.

The Seasons being out of whack causes this. Of course I can explain all the plants and things that grow instantaneously during summer and spring while they are dead in Winter. What if this is the power of the Esscences? Think about it, before you get the first Esscene you can't grow seeds or anything like that so it must be their power that causes the seasons to have some sort of balance.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Onox was just trying to turn the world into Colorado. XP

Seriously, though, I think Onox really does just want control. The closest opportunity he has, and maybe the thing of best interest to him, is control over the seasons. Since wacky seasons like this can lead to some (usually) natural disasters, this makes it easy for Onox to get rid of anyone he doesn't like.

By "anyone he doesn't like," I mean more those who get in his way, not as much a grudge, but I could see him trying to get rid of people he has a grudge against. Next to making natural disasters, he can also just make it winter there. That's what he would do to his enemies he doesn't want to kill. I'm not sure he would think enough to use the seasons to create any natural disasters, actually.

Onox could also make it summer in certain areas to cause global warming. ;)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Onox doesn't have control over the seasons. He just merely puts the seasons out of whack. The seasons change randomly on their own, he has absolutely no control of what area is summer while the other is winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom