• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Onox Returns

Would you like to see Onox make an appearance in a future Zelda game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No

• Total voters

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Alright. This thread is pretty straight-forward. Would you like to see Onox, the General of Darkness return in a future Zelda game, and why or why not?

Personally, I'd love to see him come back. He's just one bad dude. There's little to no humor with him. He has a set-in-stone will, and will stop at nothing to achieve it.

His amour looks pretty cool, and his flail is deadly. I'd also like to find out more about the Gerudo symbol on his chestplate. I think he probably has quite a history. It was stated that he was "summoned from the Dark World", so I would assume he did "something" there.

Anyway, I'd be absolutely ecstatic if he appeared in a future Zelda game, especially a 3D one.

It depends on if they could work his placement in well. I wouldn't like them to add him to a game out of randomness, like they did Agahnim in OoS, with no story or plot behind his being there. But if they could make him an interesting part of the story, I would be all for it.

I never really cared much for Onox. He was a kool boss, but in the end he was relatively weak (as well as Veran). Though both of them were the main boss of each respective title, I am talking about weak in terms of relevance and not difficulty. Compared to Ganon, these bosses are weak. Twinrova has apparently taken over their minds or swayed them into sacrificing their lives to have Ganon return. In that sense, they are pawns. But Onox would work good as maybe a next to last boss of a future title. He could be revived and brought back because of all that he done in OoS, seeing as how he did more than the usual pawns of Ganon.

It depends on if they could work his placement in well. I wouldn't like them to add him to a game out of randomness, like they did Agahnim in OoS, with no story or plot behind his being there. But if they could make him an interesting part of the story, I would be all for it.

I never really cared much for Onox. He was a kool boss, but in the end he was relatively weak (as well as Veran). Though both of them were the main boss of each respective title, I am talking about weak in terms of relevance and not difficulty. Compared to Ganon, these bosses are weak. Twinrova has apparently taken over their minds or swayed them into sacrificing their lives to have Ganon return. In that sense, they are pawns. But Onox would work good as maybe a next to last boss of a future title. He could be revived and brought back because of all that he done in OoS, seeing as how he did more than the usual pawns of Ganon.

Of all the Zelda villains Onox was one of the least interesting Zelda villains.
He had no personality whatsoever.

If any Zelda villain should return it should be Veran who was the more interesting of the two Oracle games.

www.zeldainmypocket.com

Well, I was naturally thinking that he would be a good part of the story, and not an add-on or cameo boss. I disagree about the difficulty. Well, fighting him with six hearts wasn't easy. lol I think he was probably the hardest OoS boss. :O

And I disagree, Midna. I think he has lots of personality. Personally, I disliked Veran. I didn't think she added much to the series.

Veran inslaved a entire town and forced people to work nonstop for her own ends.
One character in the game was scared that he would be forced to work on the tower and have to leave his kid.

Veran was shown to be very cruel and deceptive with the way she used people.

What did Onox do?
He kidnapped Din and that's all he did.
He seemed only to be a villain that's all muscle and had nothing else going for him.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Veran inslaved a entire town and forced people to work nonstop for her own ends.
One character in the game was scared that he would be forced to work on the tower and have to leave his kid.

Veran was shown to be very cruel and deceptive with the way she used people.

What did Onox do?
He kidnapped Din and that's all he did.
He seemed only to be a villain that's all muscle and had nothing else going for him.

If you read the manga, although non-canon, you'll see a little bit more of his personality. I'd consider him a truly evil character, whereas Veran would be more selfish, and simply in it for her own gain. A better question would have been "what would he have done if Link hadn't stopped him?".

If you read the manga, although non-canon, you'll see a little bit more of his personality. I'd consider him a truly evil character, whereas Veran would be more selfish, and simply in it for her own gain. A better question would have been "what would he have done if Link hadn't stopped him?".

I read the OOS manga and I still found him to be a boring character.
He was the type of villain that was made to look tough and that was all he was.
And the fact that you bought up the manga version of Onox, and not the game version helps to prove my point that there's nothing interesting about Onox.

And to answer your question if Link had failed to stop Onox(or Veran)then they would probably both be killed by Twinrova once they served there purpose to bring back Ganon.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I think It would be Great to see a return from both of them in a future 3D title where the boss battle consisted of fighting both of them at the same time.
Really sinister like. Maybe not as a final boss naww no way, but certainly one of the more epic ones (third last?).

Onox alone or either of them for that matter is not that appealing to me, separately the duo just seems like empty puppets. but together the pair might really wreck some havoc!.. one can only dream, right?

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I think It would be Great to see a return from both of them in a future 3D title where the boss battle consisted of fighting both of them at the same time.
Really sinister like. Maybe not as a final boss naww no way, but certainly one of the more epic ones (third last?).

Onox alone or either of them for that matter is not that appealing to me, separately the duo just seems like empty puppets. but together the pair might really wreck some havoc!.. one can only dream, right?

I kind of disagree. I think it would be insulting to not have the story involve them. It would be nothing more than a cameo, which would probably ruin their images.

Besides, I get the feeling that Veran was more of a puppet of Twinrova, whereas Onox was using it to his advantage. Yeah, I know I put too much on the mangas. ;)

Fighting them both at the same time would be cool, but then again, it wouldn't really mean much story-wise, other than a cameo of the Oracle games. :/

On a side note, I should add that I intended this discussion to be about Onox, and not Veran. It's OK to briefly discuss her, but try to keep the focus on Onox.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Even though he was cool looking, I have to agree with DL01, he was pretty weak, maybe even more than Veran.
Also, he died, just like veran, and their demises were used to lit the flames of sorrow and despair, so, I found it very unlikely that both him and veran'll ever return

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Yes, they were just the obligated villains of the game. They didn't have all that personality. But maybe they could make a new game with a more involving Veran and Onox...

Zarom

The King
I think it would be a good idea to bring him back in a 3-D game, maybe Veran too. To know more about them, their backstory, etc. I think they should put both in agame and that they work together as one (Onox & Veran). They would make REALLY great bosses in a future Zelda. :zelda:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom