• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Online Play in Future Zelda Games

What type of online play would you like to see in future Zelda games?

• Cooperative (as in Four Swords)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Competitive (as in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks)

• Both Cooperative and Competitive

• No online play for Zelda please!

• Total voters
One of the new elements that was introduced to the series in Phantom Hourglass was online play. Nintendo had some missed opportunities implementing online play into Phantom Hourglass's sequel, Spirit Tracks, as well as the recently released Four Swords Anniversary Edition. I am convinced that online play should return to the series in some way or form as it helps to increase the longevity of a game even after singe player is completed 100%. This poll above asks you what type of online play, if any, you would like to see in the Zelda series whether it be cooperative like in Four Swords and its sequel, Four Swords Adventures, or competitive, something along the lines of scrambling to collect items in a given time limit as in the DS games. Or maybe you don't want online play to ever return in the series, which if you so choose, I would love to know why. Basically, should online be implemented in future Zelda games, and if so, how?

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
I think, maybe, 'online play' in Zelda games should stick to Portable Consoles for now.

It could be both Competitive and Cooperative-- Kinda like Team Fortress 2.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I say no. I mean, for portable games, yes if the game included the four sword. But otherwise why would link be fighting himself? Also, I like Zelda as it is, with the storyline etc. also online ruins some games, like CoD for example, people get to arrogant with it which would bring the series down.

I say no. I mean, for portable games, yes if the game included the four sword. But otherwise why would link be fighting himself? Also, I like Zelda as it is, with the storyline etc. also online ruins some games, like CoD for example, people get to arrogant with it which would bring the series down.

It was a solid addition in Phantom Hourglass and i say why not, especially if there is some nice incentive like Big Plays. I found this one to be incredulous but younger brother thought 1:1 sword fighting in Skyward Sword would be great for online multiplayer. ;)

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
It was a solid addition in Phantom Hourglass and i say why not, especially if there is some nice incentive like Big Plays. I found this one to be incredulous but younger brother thought 1:1 sword fighting in Skyward Sword would be great for online multiplayer. ;)

I get where you are coming from, but I'd still say no. It just wouldn't work well With this game, unless it's a challenge fight to see who kills the most the fastest or a co op of some sorts.

The only kind of online play I could see is trading treasures and such, like what was in PH.
Cooperative/competitive play seems... like it doesn't fit with the Zelda series.

I would say NO the closest thing I would want is some sort of leaderboard for mini-games or something
'

Ah yes, tracking times and high scores in minigames would be appreciated.

The only kind of online play I could see is trading treasures and such, like what was in PH.
Cooperative/competitive play seems... like it doesn't fit with the Zelda series.

And yet PH did also have competitive online play much like its sequel, ST, and it worked so well in both games. A very fun addition with some nice incentives thrown in.

I Was thinking something along the Lines of Team Fortress 2 with a mix of Metroid Prime 2's item collection system

That sounds like a locked and loaded plan.

I would personally never use online play for a Zelda game. I haven't liked any of the multi-player modes we've seen in the past, and I think it would be a waste of time for Nintendo to continue incorporating multi-player in Zelda games.

I disagree. If anything, multiplayer added more variety and greater longevity to more recent installments.

Duly noted. I know lots of people enjoyed the variety that multi-player added, I just never thought it was very fun. Upon further consideration, I withdraw my suggestion that Nintendo shouldn't incorporate multi-player again as I am sure many fans would like to see it happen. I just wouldn't play it.

Well, my own opinion on the matter is that there should be competitive and cooperative multiplayer as both were extremely fun ways to extend the longevity of previous installments. And no, multiplayer should never be limited to just handheld installments. I realize there are still quite a bit single player only games out on the market but Zelda could truly expand into something refreshing with this added variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom