• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Online Play in Future Zelda Games

What type of online play would you like to see in future Zelda games?

• Cooperative (as in Four Swords)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Competitive (as in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks)

• Both Cooperative and Competitive

• No online play for Zelda please!

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of MMORPG for Zelda. Choosing what kind of race you want to be, whether friend or foe (monsters), would be pretty cool, and walking around Hyrule and interacting with other people would be pretty stinkin' fun. Fighting cooperatively with other people in a massive landscape wouldn't hurt, either. I'd welcome this sort of thing.

I am completely against online play for Zelda. Online would serve NO justice whatsoever for this francise.

That's a pretty hollow statement. Try backing it up with some reasons.

I would personally never use online play for a Zelda game. I haven't liked any of the multi-player modes we've seen in the past, and I think it would be a waste of time for Nintendo to continue incorporating multi-player in Zelda games.

You wouldn't have to use it yourself, you know. Just because you haven't like any of it doesn't mean others don't.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of MMORPG for Zelda. Choosing what kind of race you want to be, whether friend or foe (monsters), would be pretty cool, and walking around Hyrule and interacting with other people would be pretty stinkin' fun. Fighting cooperatively with other people in a massive landscape wouldn't hurt, either. I'd welcome this sort of thing.

I never thought of it that way. The question is whether or not enough players would subscribe to keep the game profitable.

No, I don't want this series turning into another COD game.

Why do you instantly associate online play with Call of Duty? There are hundreds of other online enabled franchises.

Fig

The Altruist
I would so buy a Zelda game that had the ability to have online gameplay. What I would like to see in that game is a mode where you can explore with up to 8 friends within a huge map, fighting for survival (something to CoD:Zombies, but with a Nintendo feel), and another mode where you can play up to 8 people and playfully fight for the champion title (something to like Spirit Tracks, but with the abilities to use Link's arsenal from various Zelda games). In both modes, you can even choose your own type of "class", as in having the choice of choosing which arsenal from any Zelda game would be right for the player. This is how I see as the Zelda game with online gameplay.:):):)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If it's actual online play and not the whole "25 feet radius" thing that the DS incorporated, I say yes. I want it to be beyond the (imo) stupid tag games we've played in PH/ST. It could always be a Capture the Flag type mode. I can so imagine two teams going against each other, with a Link-type character shield bashing so as to knock the enemy off guard, and a Ganondorf-type character just tanking for the team. Yeah, I think an expanded online play mode would work very well for future Zelda games.

As to an MMORPG...I say no. I mean, it's not that I have anything against the genre (I played Guild Wars and aspire to play GW and WoW), but it seems a bit oversaturated much like the shooter genre in years past. I would hate to have to deal with subscription fees, and if it were a free online game then Nintendo couldn't do all that much without raising the suggested retail price to above $50. Of course, we're dealing with the Wii U at this point so games likely will cost $60USD. I dunno. I guess what I'm looking for is a 12 player game mode with Capture the Flag or King of the Hill type elements and RPG elements such as strength, defense, HP and so on with multiple class types. And of course huge maps. If Nintendo tried, surely they could make it work.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Perhaps I've played too much on my own, but I don't see exactly how this would work. Would it be sort of like Final Fantasy, where the companions gathered around an enemy and fought it off as a team, or something more like Star Wars, off the top of my head, where it's a one-on-one battle between you and the other player, your adversary? I'd honestly prefer the former, where a group had to do things such as invade a castle without being spotted and work together in order to accomplish this. Cooperation would be an essential aspect to online gameplay for Zelda, because there isn't much else you could do. Leastways on a home console, devoid of coop that is, other than fighting each other. That's just how I see it.

I would so buy a Zelda game that had the ability to have online gameplay. What I would like to see in that game is a mode where you can explore with up to 8 friends within a huge map, fighting for survival (something to CoD:Zombies, but with a Nintendo feel), and another mode where you can play up to 8 people and playfully fight for the champion title (something to like Spirit Tracks, but with the abilities to use Link's arsenal from various Zelda games). In both modes, you can even choose your own type of "class", as in having the choice of choosing which arsenal from any Zelda game would be right for the player. This is how I see as the Zelda game with online gameplay.:):):)

I very much enjoyed Spirit Tracks's fast paced and frantic multiplayer as well. :) And how about a survival mode fighting Cursed Bokoblins or possibly replaying a game's bosses with a team? ;)

If it's actual online play and not the whole "25 feet radius" thing that the DS incorporated, I say yes. I want it to be beyond the (imo) stupid tag games we've played in PH/ST. It could always be a Capture the Flag type mode. I can so imagine two teams going against each other, with a Link-type character shield bashing so as to knock the enemy off guard, and a Ganondorf-type character just tanking for the team. Yeah, I think an expanded online play mode would work very well for future Zelda games.

As to an MMORPG...I say no. I mean, it's not that I have anything against the genre (I played Guild Wars and aspire to play GW and WoW), but it seems a bit oversaturated much like the shooter genre in years past. I would hate to have to deal with subscription fees, and if it were a free online game then Nintendo couldn't do all that much without raising the suggested retail price to above $50. Of course, we're dealing with the Wii U at this point so games likely will cost $60USD. I dunno. I guess what I'm looking for is a 12 player game mode with Capture the Flag or King of the Hill type elements and RPG elements such as strength, defense, HP and so on with multiple class types. And of course huge maps. If Nintendo tried, surely they could make it work.

Interesting idea. That could work very well especially with supply garrisons or what not on the second screen.

Perhaps I've played too much on my own, but I don't see exactly how this would work. Would it be sort of like Final Fantasy, where the companions gathered around an enemy and fought it off as a team, or something more like Star Wars, off the top of my head, where it's a one-on-one battle between you and the other player, your adversary? I'd honestly prefer the former, where a group had to do things such as invade a castle without being spotted and work together in order to accomplish this. Cooperation would be an essential aspect to online gameplay for Zelda, because there isn't much else you could do. Leastways on a home console, devoid of coop that is, other than fighting each other. That's just how I see it.

So basically just how a regular Zelda adventure is played out but with harder enemies and more puzzles, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom