• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

I think we can give the person the benefit of the doubt. It's not like anyone can verify whether or not mine, or most entries of past competitions, were made in the given period either.
I'm not really thinking about the previous competition as needing any action as, they haven't said when it was made as far as I'm aware (and if it was an old painting, they likely were not doing it to cheat), but since the rules are not as common knowledge now, going forward I think this rule should either be clarified or removed if it's not going to be followed.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Oh, yea.
Since we're at it regarding comps.

Is there any add-ons or extensions that allow certain posts of a thread to be sticked on all pages? I feel like this could be particularly useful specially on stuff like tournaments (i.e. a post with the current brackets) or in comps (i.e. a post with the entries people are voting for)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
When it comes to the ZD Legend/Champion Status for May/June I am happy to look at this on a case by case basis and to be flexible.

I also want to do whatever we can do keep things spoiler free here so people don't feel like they have to avoid coming here. I have just created a separate shoutbox room "Tears of the Kingdom" and I think this could be a place where all shoutbox discussion relating to the game should be held (to avoid spoilers spilling into the main shoutbox). Within this room any specific spoilers should still be given spoiler tags too.

Other things we can potentially do is publish a warning ahead of the release relating to strict enforcement (and penalties) for incorrectly handling/exposing spoilers on the forum during the launch period. I may also be able to allow users to request to temporarily opt out of the Tears of the Kingdom forum altogether if there is interest in that (like some users do for the Mature Discussion) and/or prevent Scrapper from mentioning threads relating to the title in the SB.

Oh, yea.
Since we're at it regarding comps.

Is there any add-ons or extensions that allow certain posts of a thread to be sticked on all pages? I feel like this could be particularly useful specially on stuff like tournaments (i.e. a post with the current brackets) or in comps (i.e. a post with the entries people are voting for)

I'm not sure about this but I can take a look into it.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Hey jimmu can we please do something about totk titles showing up in the general sb?? Like i wanna go in blind and the titles arent helping like they could go in the totk sb?? Ex knows the situation...

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Is there a way to implement a block system for a user's posts in specific threads/forums but not forum wide? Probably not idk, just a thought
Unfortunately there is no capability for this.

Is there any plan on removing the sporadic www redirect in the shoutbox post notifications or are we just gonna always get signed out now
Thanks for providing me with more detail via PM - I will look into what we can do with this.

Hey jimmu can we please do something about totk titles showing up in the general sb?? Like i wanna go in blind and the titles arent helping like they could go in the totk sb?? Ex knows the situation...
We don't have any settings available to send threads from different forums to different shoutbox rooms. For now I have disabled them altogether but you may still see these appearing in the latest posts/whats new section.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Is there a way to make a TOTK spoiler section? I feel like the forums have been dead recently and the only activity is people trying to talk about the game and then other people complaining about spoilers. I feel like this leads to people not wanting to talk about the new zelda game on a Zelda forum. I feel like the happy medium is letting people talk about the game while letting people who don’t want spoilers to interact with the community

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Is there a way to make a TOTK spoiler section? I feel like the forums have been dead recently and the only activity is people trying to talk about the game and then other people complaining about spoilers. I feel like this leads to people not wanting to talk about the new zelda game on a Zelda forum. I feel like the happy medium is letting people talk about the game while letting people who don’t want spoilers to interact with the community
There's a TotK room in the shoutbox.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm not really sure what your suggestion or complaint is. You think the low activity is due to people being asked to not put spoilers on titles?

Making a spoiler subsection that doesn't show on shoutbox/ what's new can potentially make it harder for new members to find active TotK threads. The ideal solution really is as simple as just not making threads with spoilers in the title?

I'm not really sure what your suggestion or complaint is. You think the low activity is due to people being asked to not put spoilers on titles?

Making a spoiler subsection that doesn't show on shoutbox/ what's new can potentially make it harder for new members to find active TotK threads. The ideal solution really is as simple as just not making threads with spoilers in the title?
and can this be enforced by people who join the forum during the hype to post a thread and dont know aboit this policy being jn place??

all the existing accommodations requirw the user to be in the loop and lots of people are joining to make a thread without this context

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
and can this be enforced by people who join the forum during the hype to post a thread and dont know aboit this policy being jn place??
Isn't not posting public spoilers on a newly released media common sense?

But yea, the people that have been creating spoilery titles so far are indeed people "out of the loop". Most of these threads so far weren't even people wanting to discuss the games, they were people asking for help with the game, to which pretty much none of the users "in the loop" bothered helping with.

And we are fully aware of that, we aren't "enforcing" anything on these people. We aren't punishing or rebuking random people over small slips like that. But we'd appreciate if the members "in the loop" were careful with spoilery titles, even though this hasn't been an issue so far.

What I'm trying to understand is the details of the solution, as well as to why some people here seem to think such reminder is "killing activity" in the forums. For quickly paced chitchats there is the TotK shoutbox room, and in the forums there are plenty of other spaces that can be used for discussing the game's experience more formally.

If the people that are joining ZD aren't engaging with the community I'm not sure how it's our fault? We will welcome suggestions on how staff can make the forums more welcoming for them.
As for the already integrated members, is it really us asking you all to not put spoilers in the titles that is holding you back from simply making threads or talk about the game? C'mon. If we let spoilery stuff laying around it will also scare away people that haven't or are currently playing the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom