• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Odyssey Saga RP

Pen

The game is on!
((To anyone else who wishes to join the game, please sign up here: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/odyssey-saga-rp-sign-ups.74248/))

In a world similar to the area around the middle-east during the renaissance, we have the setting for this roleplay. There exists nature based magic, as well as technology based on clockpunk, though neither advanced magic nor high technology exists in abundance. Clockpunk is comparable to steampunk, but instead of everything being steam powered, it's powered by cogwheels and clockwork that get its energy from for example water, wind, or from being wound up. In this world there also exists a rare and valuable resource called Mana Stones that can be used to power clockwork technology very efficiently.

We start in the city of Blungos, which is primarily inhabited by humans, but other races exist there too. Samandra are amphibious humanoids with reptilian features, resembling salamanders. They're a minority in Blungos, but it's not strange to see one there. Rahto are people with falcon heads, and they have falcon wings on their back. They are very rare in Blungos so most people there would react to seeing one. Kindu are burly satyr-like beings with big horns. They are also very rare in Blungos and thus people would react if they saw one. Lastly there exist artificially intelligent clockwork-driven constructs of varying design that are usually powered by Mana Stones. These constructs live solely as servants in this city.

During this era the world is riddled with war, violence, and brutality. Our characters wish to escape the violence and find a new home somewhere peaceful where they can live in safety.

Map.png

Characters:
Sayaad Fida - @Pen
Rebecca Luna - @Storm
Kraven LeftClaw - @Killjoy262
Siy Auwaton - @MightyMario

After the disastrous shipwreck, Sayaad followed the coastline westward. After several days he reached the city of Blungos. That was when he realised that peace is not so easy to come by in this cruel world. This big city that he found himself in was riddled with crime, and the military police patrolling the streets would cause more harm than good. That was when Sayaad's new goal became to find a new peaceful home somewhere in this world, and ideally share it with likeminded people. He spent his first week in Blungos struggling as a helper at the harbour, doing all sorts of physically straining odd-jobs in order to earn some coin and get back on his feet. It wasn't easy, but Sayaad was at least able to make himself look presentable in public, even though he was technically homeless.

Not knowing anyone in the city, Sayaad went to a bar by himself after having finished his first week of work. It was rather a cool evening, so it was a nice sensation to enter the warmth of the bar. Sayaad took a seat at the counter.

"I'll have your cheapest cup of wine, please."

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
The Woman behind the Bar looks Sayaad up and down and scoffs a bit before grabbing a bottle out of the mop bucket. the bottom is cracked and it is slowly leaking. With a smile and a twist she fills a wooden tankard full of this dubious potentially soap and swill-infused wine.
"that'll be 185 Drachma" she says, holding the cup just out of arm's reach.

this waitress is dressed in tavern maid fashion, a red dress with stockings and modest shoes. her raven hair braided to get out of her face--at least the parts she wants out of her face. Her green eyes shimmer in the lantern light

Pen

The game is on!
Somewhat reluctantly Sayaad hands the woman the money to receive his drink. It didn't smell like any wine he'd had before. When he took his first sip, his face expression revealed how revolting the liquid was. After struggling to get it down, Sayaad went for another sip though. At least it would get him drunk.

'It's been three years since I got my "talon"...' Thought a young cloaked figure as he entered bar. 'and I still don't feel like I'm used to it.' After taking a moment to let his eyes adjust, Kraven decides to sit 2 seats away from Sayaad. After a moments thought, he then said "I'll have some ale..."

Storm

Beck places the whole bottle in front of this obnoxiois peacock before excusong herself to the back.
"Hey Boss. I think we have Pirates in the bar"
The Boss stands up and pats Beck on the back
" Nonsense my Girl. Pirates make good clientele. Treat them extra nicely if you want to keep your job and a roof over your head. Who knows. They might even give you a big tip"

Pen

The game is on!
Sayaad notices the woman's odd treatment of the customer beside him, so he turns to look at the man. It took him a moment to realise it, but sure enough, it was one of the Rahto people. Strange to see one of their kind here in the Fooshin region... Sayaad scooted over to the stool right next to the Rahto and dragged his cup of wine with him along the counter.

"Psst, you're not here to stir up trouble, are you?" he asked quietly, not wanting to make a big scene. "I'm really not in the mood for drama tonight."

Kraven calmly pays for his drink before taking a sip of his drink ignoring the barkeeper. Noticing Sayaad skoot to the open stool next to him leaned closer to hear what he had to say. "Uh-uh." Kraven quietly says before taking another, slightly larger swig before continuing, "I just came in an attempt to get my mind off of this war for a bit. As well as the issues it's caused." Raising his Clawshot a little under the bar.

Storm

Beck watches from afar these potential pirates scheme in front of her, but leaves them be before going to her assigned tables to take orders and give them to the Chef in the back. It was quiet for a Tuesday in Blungos she thought as she washed glasses and silverware, eyeing the customers with extreme predjudice

Pen

The game is on!
Sayaad noticed the man's prosthetic leg. His worried face expression turned to a sad one.

"Oh... I'm sorry sir. I know the war has taken a lot from many of us." He then took another sip of his strange wine, then sighed and took yet another sip. It sure was a strange liquid, but by now he'd started to get used to it, and he was starting to feel its effects. "If you don't mind me asking, what's a man like you doing here in Blungos?"

Kraven takes the last swig of his ale then took the hood of his cloak down before rubbing the underside of his beak with a thumb and speaking; " I was hoping to get away from the troubles that this war. I was told by the Samandra who fitted me with my leg about coming here for a vessel elsewhere, though, I'm not really the type to openly ask for such. Especially in a place that had a distrust toward one such as myself."

Pen

The game is on!
"Aye, that is problematic..." Sayaad pondered. The Rahto beside him seemed like a good guy, and Sayaad couldn't help but feel sorry for him. And though it was faint, he could also sense a sort of resemblance between the two of them. He wanted to help this guy out. Seemed a bit strange considering they only just met and Sayaad didn't even know his name, but with all the lives he took in the war, he now felt a strong urge to make up for those lost lives by helping someone in need.

"Name's Sayaad," he introduced himself somewhat awkwardly. "I know you don't know anything about me, but I'd like a chance to help you out. You see, I'm also searching for a new home, somewhere peaceful."

Storm

Beck eavesdrops this conversation so hard, trying to discern the intentions of these Pirates. She wondered if her Father were here what he would do if a Rahto Pirate were in Northern Umeer, the war very fresh in everyone's minds and hearts.

Pen

The game is on!
"It's nice to meet you," Sayaad replied. He wanted to smile back at him, but failed to do so. "I've spent a lot of time in the waters north of here. I recently thought I'd found a peaceful home, but that didn't last. I've a feeling we'd struggle finding peace in that direction now."

Storm

Beck gets herself a glass of water and drinks it, trying to gauge the situation they have caused. In the meantime she grabs two menus and places them in front of the Chicken and Sayaad
"Juat let me knkw if theres anything i can get you two"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom