• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocean King Temple Vs Spirit Temple

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
PH vs OoT? That seems a little unfair.

Seriously though, TotOK was actually challenging, and there's even a gold portal halfway through that acts as a shortcut. Most important of all, there's only 13 floors. Tower of Spirits had 30 floors, I found it far too easy, and I HATED that spiral staircase.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Spirit Temple, of course.

The Tower of Spirits sure did stump me! I used a guide a few times, while the Temple of the Ocean King was... (*yawns*) that. The Temple of the Ocean King was just far to long and not very challenging the second time around. But in the Tower of Spirits, it was more fun, it had more puzzles. And most importantly, it was challenging, in my opinion.

The Tower of Spirits was way better than the Temple of the Ocean King. The Tower of Spirits was fresh each time you entered it, and the amount of floors, and unique puzzles made this an incredible dungeon. The Temple of the Ocean King on the other hand was repetitive, and basically had the same type of puzzles. The Time limit in here made it a little bit more challenging, but you almost never reached the limit. So I think the TOS is the better of the 2.

TOTOK was kinda annoying for me because you had to redo the previous levels before you could do the new ones. In ST the tower of spirits added a new type of problem solving since you had 2 people to control, before you just had link. Now im sure this got on everyones bad side...the dark rooms in the temple of spirits, they were really annoying for me just because you couldnt see anything on your map...its kinda annoying...My favorite would be the temple of spirits, I really liked the different kinds of phantoms you could control, such as the regular phantom, the torch phantom, the warp phantom, and the boulder phantom it made the puzzles that much more fun, and who doesnt like mowing stuff down with the boulder phantom? hahaha

P.S. Chancelor Cole is...weird......just weird...

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
I'm the only going for temple of the ocean king aren't I?

I'm sorry, but I found the Tower of Spirits FREAKING HARD. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYYY HATED THAT THING. *headesks in frustration*

I stopped playing spirit tracks for a month because of it! SERIOUSLY! the one where they introduced Rolling Phantoms, and the lava part with hitting the switch with an arrow stumped me. I had to get my cousin to finish that floor for me. -________- And I hate finding the tears of light, so hard to get them all. I played w/o a walkthrough, because I got mine Pre-Ordered. So I was soooo stumped on this game, it'd take me hours just to find the tears of light. Although I do like Zelda and her different forms though.

And although the temple of the ocean king repeats, I love using my new items to make short cuts, find 'secret' areas, and clearing it in the least amount of time. That's what made it fun for me. (My current record is 6:22 xD) And killing Phantoms with the Phantom Sword is just soooo satisfying XD it really is. Good place to get rupees too; clear all the phantoms, get a prize. Simple :D

bds1110

Imp
I know a lot of people hate TtoOK, and even the game in general, but I really liked PH. I loved the TtoOK, I found it very fun. I never really had a huge challenge with it, and I found all of the shortcuts and such to get through with the most time remaining as possible. (; I have a pretty good record, too. TtoOK, by far.

The Temple of the Ocean King was a lot better than the Tower of Spirits. The Temple of the Ocean King was challenging, as it limited you in time, and puzzles reset with each visit, which also makes you have to think about how you did a puzzle the first time. Not to mention that the last floor in it can be extremely deadly to you if you break the Safe Zone pot in the wrong place, which I did.

The Tower of Spirits wasn't anything but annoying. It was just a pain to have to find three Tears of Light to make Zelda useful. Also, the last parts were just dreadful, especially when it came to obtaining the Compass of Light, since you had to switch through a lot of different Phantoms. I just don't like the way the Tower of Spirits was made. If it was anything like the Temple of the Ocean King, it would have been a very enjoyable and challenging temple.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
*ahem* The Spirit Temple from Ocarina of Time or the Tower or Spirits?
Anyway, I say Tower of Spirits. Zelda being a phantom added a lot to it, and the music was way way better, the TotOK got really annoying after a short time and I never get tired of the Tower of Spirits theme. And I'm one of the many who got very sick of repeating puzzles in the TotOK. That and the time limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom