• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Well Majora's Mask is mainly sidequests, and Ocarina of Time is mainly story. I like sidequests more, so I say Majora's Mask out of these two. To be honest, though, neither had the right balance of each, so I personally think The Wind Waker tops them both. Staying on topic though, I say Majora's Mask, because of the sidequests, the different masks, and when it's not annoying, the time limit.

P

Peacemaker

Majora's Mask was better in my opinion. The gameplay is awesome, the story line is awesome, the music is really awesome, the interaction with other characters is awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love ocarina of time, but majora's mask has more of a dark and mature setting. I really love it. I recently bought the ocarina of time 3d for the 3ds (main reason I got it) and seriously would've chosen majora's mask over it if it was on sale.... or at least take both. at least I still have my golden MM cartridge :DD

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
I would say MM is better, not a lot, but still better. MM was different than OOT it didn't have the "oh no, Zelda has been captured by Ganon I should go save her" type of story line, it was, in my opinion, more intriguing. It was about a skull child possessed by a demon trying to destroy the land. Ganon just wants to take over. Also it added new game play, you could transform into other races, you could fight bosses again, you had to save money for stuff, you had to think about when you needed to play the song of time before being crushed by the moon, and the list goes on and on.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
While both are incredibly good games (though, I am slowly getting through to completing Majora's Mask right now), I will have to say that I find Ocarina of Time to be the better of the two in my opinion. I found the gameplay in both equally challenging, but I definitely find Ocarina of Time to be less stressful and a little more fun to play in comparison. I'm sorry to say, but that three day time limit in Majora's Mask really does not bode well with me. I'm always in a constant state of panic while playing the game for that reason and find, even with a strategy guide, that it is quite exhausting to complete important tasks in-game because of it.

That being said however, Majora does have its fun moments too. Just...me and time limits? Yeah...we've never gotten along too well. :sweat:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
OoT is my clear choice. My main reason? The damn time limit in Majora's mask.

Now i know that without it it just wouldnt be Majora's Mask and without it the plot of the game would be totally different. But i still would prefer it be gone.
I'm a zelda player that likes to poke around alot and go on sidequests. But this can be very difficult when i have the rushed feeling of a timer constantly reminding me i have a job to do. If i want to go on a sidequest i dont want to have to put my money in the bank, take it back out, get new items, etc everytime the timer runs out. also, i dont like that certain sidequests can only be done at certain times at certain days. Because of the constant timer its very possible to miss some of these. Don't get me wrong, i dont dislike majora's mask, i just think its an example of great idea, sub-par presentation

Maybe it's just because it was my first Zelda game, I'm going to say Ocarina of Time. I think that it is so much more influential, due to it being the game that split our timeline, with Majora's Mask on the side. I still love Majora's Mask though.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Definetly Majora's Mask. I've never experienced a game with so much depth,emotion and complete insanity in my life! Thr graphics are great and go well with the tone,and the sound is perfect.My only complaint is the lack of dungoens but thats not really important whats important is that MM Rocks!

Peace out,and don't troll me OoT Fans

Majora's Mask without question. With both games I spent a large amount of time outside the dungeons, but with Majora's Mask I didn't feel like I was just sifting through manutia where as with Ocarina I was just bored any time i wasn't in a dungeon. I also really liked the creepy themes in Majora and seeing the alternate versions of all of the characters. Plus Gyorg is effing awesome.

Majora is just one of the best villains in my opinion. And the sense of oncoming doom throughout the entire game is so motivating. You really get the sense of urgency (especially if you don't slow down time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom