• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

MW7

Majora's Mask is my favorite. It seemed to have everything Ocarina of Time didn't. The sidequests and masks just made for so much to do.

The Bombers' Notebook is the greatest item in Zelda history. Meeting people and solving their problems doesn't sound like fun, but Majora's Mask made it the greatest pastime ever.

Also every single dungeon was amazing. The Stone Tower Temple is usually at the top of best dungeons lists for good reason but the rest are great as well.

I love them both, but I prefer Majora's Mask. It felt deeper and more interesting, I could relate to it and the characters much better, I could even relate to Link more. Also, I liked how Link wasn't just following his destiny and doing what he had to do because he was born to do it, he was, in fact, defying the destiny that Termina faced by saving it.

Ganondork

goo
Hmmm, well before I can answer the question, you have to consider both of the games.

Ocarina of Time was Zelda's very first 3D game. That already gave fans something to be excited, but with an interesting storyline, people were easily sucked in. I found the story to be very good, and really original. Although it did the usual "Princess got kidnapped, go save her" concept, there was more than just saving Zelda - like in most Zelda games. However, there were so fun side-quests, good dungeons, and interesting characters. In its time, it was a tough game to be better than, even now it's tough to top this game's beauty.

Majora's Mask was the follow-up to Ocarina of Time but with a darker turn. Basically it was a race against the clock, not just good versus evil. This time, you weren't saving a Princess; you were saving an entire land. It consisted of four dungeons that increased in difficulty as you continued - it's a weird thing to point out, but I've found dungeons before another to be harder. It contained many sidequests, and many amazing characters. As you progressed through the game, you felt more and more connected to them, whether you were letting a man see his chickens grow up, or helping a little girl fend off aliens. This game - unlike Ocarina of Time - definitely revolved around sidequests and less upon the actual main story.

Now, to compare the two games. I found Ocarina of Time to have much better dungeons and puzzles, but Majora's Mask's overall story definitely won my favor. The sidequests were more in-depth in Majora's Mask, and at times more rewarding. And there were many of these great sidequests in Majora's Mask, unlike Ocarina of Time. In Ocarina of Time I found the characters to be very cookie-cutter, but Majora's Mask offered more. From the eccentric and mysterious Happy Mask Salesman to the remorseful Guru Guru, you felt as if you knew these characters. I enjoyed Ocarina of Time's weapons better than Majora's Mask, especially the different swords.

So overall, I have to say that I liked Majora's Mask just a little bit better than Ocarina of Time.

L

linkofthepast

MAJORAS MASK all the way!!!

why I like Majoras mask is:

1 the detail of characters is very amazing they had real lives like Anju and Kafei had a genuine love for each other
2 the best side-quests are the best (i.e. mask collection)
3 it gave a new expirence to all Zelda fans :)

OoT because i don't love side quests and prefer more dungeons. Another thing i didn't like about MM was the dungeon designs. I love the difficulty and boss battles of MM but with the time limit i felt rushed. I never really could get into MM for some reason but thats my opinion and i can see why many love MM.

My vote goes to Majora's Mask. The transformation masks essentially allow you to play as four characters instead of just one, each with their own unique abilities.

The NPCs feel more alive. You get to watch them go about their lives over the course of three days, and knowing what they do on their own makes your influence seem that much more powerful when you see them do something else after you interact with them.

The timer adds a sense of urgency. Technically speaking, I still have all the time in the world since I can just reset the timer whenever I want, but that still undoes some progress, and I still have goals that must be accomplished and a limited amount of time within which to accomplish those goals. It makes me feel like I have a need to get things done, unlike Ocarina of Time where I can literally go fishing for weeks and not worry about things getting any worse.

Overall, MM just feels more satisfying to me. OoT is fun, but I don't get the same sense of fulfillment from it.

Pen

The game is on!
I think those two games in particular make a perfect pair. Both of the games are extremely good, but still very different. I simply can't choose a favorite out of those two games. I'm sorry, both are so great!

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
Majora's Mask has always been my favorite. To me, it seemed like there were more options for the player and the story wasn't straightforward. You sort of had to figure it out for yourself.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Mah joy are masks! Majora's mask is AWESOME, i love the storyline, and how the sidequests kind of intervene IN THE MAIN STORY... aaaaanyways, its dark and kind of creepy without giving you the horror movie feel, except maybe in ikana, but its kind of more like light at the end of the tunnel(if you play through the game and just end the story), but if you play the game constantly like a literal game it feels kinda sad how it never ends, the same three days over and over with no one remembering you, but in the end it feels very good to complete EVERYTHING in just a three day cycle, and this is a feeling OoT doesn't give me...

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Majora's Mask hands down.
It just is richer and it feels like your actually DOING something in the game like in OoT you can spend eternity just walking around while in MM its more proritized.

L

lolsniperftw

I would have to say that Majora's Mask was the much better game. Ocarina of time is still excellent but majoras mask just gives you a feeling of sadness like the anju and kafei quest and the three day factor just adds to its greatness in my opinion because all the people are going to die in three days and none of them know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom