• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time 3DS Changes

When they were playing the game on the new video trailer, they showed us the opening scene of the game with Link riding on Epona. I happened to notice that this whole thing looks different as in it doesn't show us the same things it did on the N64 version. Could this mean that the game has alot of changes in the game, making it almost like the Master Quest? If so, what kind of changes do you guys think will be in the game?

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Well the game is not just going to be ported over to the 3ds that is for sure, it is going to be a compleate remake. I think we will see some changes in graphics and how we select items, but no changes to the story (they will not touch the story if thats what you are wondering.)

1. We already know that switching the iron boots will be less redundant .
2. The game is on the 3DS so obviously you will be able to precive depth in this game alot better.
3. In regards to graphics they will be smoother and less pixelated. (Don't freak out if I am wrong. Just speculation.)
4. I would expect movement to be more fluid (possibly :))

These are just some of my ideas, I tend to draw blank sometimes when answering oh well :).

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Ooo I didn't know there was footage. I didn't expect it, since they made it forbidden for people to record.

Edit: Oh, looks like a hidden camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kybyrian

Well, we're definitely going to see a lot of changes with the graphics, of course. Other changes we really can't say for sure. They could do something like Master Quest and step up the difficulty of the dungeons or somewhat change them around from what they were in the N64 version, but otherwise I don't think we'll see many other changes. Possibly some new Gold Skulltula locations, maybe a few extra sidequests in there or something, it's really hard to tell at this point, but we know they're probably going to be doing something to it. I'd really like it if they just took the dungeons and made them different from what they were in the N64 version and Master Quest, so we have something a little something new. I'm really excited for OoT 3DS even if they don't make any real changes aside from the graphics, though.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
They're going to make changes. They wouldn't be remaking the game if it weren't going to be changed. Maybe the changes will be subtle, like a different map, or maybe more advanced, like redone dungeons or storyline, maybe more sidequests.

Here's a Idea. Add the Triforce to the game. Hahhah. A new dungeon where you can get the Triforce right before heading to Ganon's Castle.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I'm hoping that they make the Iron Boots and the Hover Boots items, instead of being equipment. It was very time-consuming to switch between the Kokiri Boots and the Iron Boots in the Water Temple. Speaking of which, I (and probably many other people) am hoping that they make the Water Temple a bit easier. I think this could be done by doing 2 things:

1: The ability to change the water level wherever you are in the temple.
2: The ability to swim with the Zora Tunic, similar to Twilight Princess.

I'll try to think of more, but those are my two main ones for now.

Beeker

Wild Card
I could only imagine some small changes being made to OoT3D like new Skulltula locations and slightly changed maps, and the aforementioned boot changing. I'm certain they'll update the game to today's standards.
I mean, why fix what isn't broken, right?

J

juanfeanor

I think they'll addd an extra dungeon that explodes to the maximum the abilities of the 3DS. Like the color dungeon of LA

AaronX

One who sits
I hope they do nothing at all to OoT because to me, it was just great how it was. And I think that remakes should never be anything more than the old game on a new console with better graphics. But I wouldn't mind different Gold Skulltula locations.

I think this is fake, but I hope it would be in. Allegedly you go through the Lost Woods and end up in Majora's Mask. While I think that is highly unlikely it would be the ultimate handheld zelda.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Here's a Idea. Add the Triforce to the game. Hahhah. A new dungeon where you can get the Triforce right before heading to Ganon's Castle.

No, that wouldn't work because Ganondorf already wished upon the Triforce :triforce:. It is possible to add this dungeon as a kid, but not in the adult portion.

No, that wouldn't work because Ganondorf already wished upon the Triforce :triforce:. It is possible to add this dungeon as a kid, but not in the adult portion.
No it wouldn't, the triforce transcends time and space. My example: Link goes back to the past in OoT's end, he still has the Triforce of Courage in his hand. Example 2: Ganon had the triforce going into the sacred realm. When he came out, he was un-aged and used the ToP on the sages and managed to kill one and withstand a stab.

AaronX

One who sits
I think this is fake, but I hope it would be in. Allegedly you go through the Lost Woods and end up in Majora's Mask. While I think that is highly unlikely it would be the ultimate handheld zelda.

I think that's a great idea, putting MM on after you beat the OoT, but how would they explain where Navi goes?

I think that's a great idea, putting MM on after you beat OoT, but how would they explain where Navi goes?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I'm hoping there aren't too many changes. Personally, I'm not a big fan of remakes, and even less a fan of "re-imaginings." Aside from simple interface and graphics updates, I'd rather not see anything new. Whatever I see that is changed, I will automatically abhor, because I cherish that game, and to see it change much at all wouldn't allow it to fill the same sort of niche that it did in my childhood. To be honest, while the graphics, interface, and camera control are a tad outdated, the game play and story most certainly are not. I wouldn't want to see any changes to the game in those regards. Not even a rearranging of dungeons or items, especially because that's already been done, in Master Quest.
Call me old-fashioned, but the game doesn't need to be changed to be admired by a new audience. The game play, side quests, and story are as captivating as ever, and if they're changed, then it won't give me the same sort of experience when I played the original game back in the day. That's all I want, for it to feel like I'm playing it for the first time again, because no other game has ever topped that feeling for me. If it changes too much, then how can it captivate me again like the way it did so many years ago?

Those are just my feelings, though. Here's a great article on remakes:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1111063p1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom