• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No New Zelda in E3 2012? That's... Actually Fine

EzikielofHyrule

Ezikiel of Hyrule
I'm not surprised or disappointed by the fact that there was no Zelda announced simply because we just a two Zeldas last year. If they announced a Zelda now that would mean that they were far enough into it that they have story line or gameplay basis down and with only one year I think that it would be rushed and not a very good game. I do think however that by this time next year they will probably announce new Zelda game for the 3DS

I'm actually fine with the lack of a new Zelda title.
Is it a bad thing that the game that was shown that I'm most excited for is Paper Mario Sticker Star?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
While I wasn't surprised, I was naturally a little disappointed. Since Nintendo is the only gaming company I pay any attention to, and the only thing from Nintendo I pay attention to is Zelda, this year's E3 was a big let down for me. While I do agree it's too soon to hear about the next Zelda game, I would have at least liked some confirmation that a new one was definitely in progress, particularly for the 3DS since I doubt I'll be able to get a WiiU for a long while.

I'm certain next year's conference will bear plenty more fruit, so I guess we'll just have to keep our chins up until then.

Big Octo

=^)
I was thinking about this, and I agree. We've exhausted enough Zelda last year that it should last us for a while. And, of course, there's the Wii U. It only makes sense that Nintendo should focus on the console rather than games.

Non-Epic

Resident Cucco Kicker
Labrynna, because Hyrule is too mainstream.
I'm relieved that Nintendo didn't announce anything of Zelda besides the attraction of The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest on NintendoLand. It's not that I don't want a new Zelda title, it's just that Nintendo deserves a well received break from Zelda because they did so much within just one year, which was also the 25th anniversary of Zelda. Good job Nintendo, relaxe and don't witty about the fans not getting any Zelda. We already got a lot last year! Keep up the good work! XD :D :P

Well, besides this, they must have just started some of their highly anticipated Wii U work. Besides Zelda, there's so much 1st party games to work on to rack up their launch.

Besides that, the Zelda team must have just started something new, let alone a demo or a trailer for E3. We want to see quality, and we can let them have time for that. They could be working on ports and remakes for all we know right now.

Yeah... To some, the Wii U's launch seems quite bleak as far as first-party titles go, but who's to say that more [first-party] games aren't to follow? I'm hoping to hear some details regarding a new Zelda game at some point later this year/into early next year, but I think I'll survive if there isn't any... :/

Yeah, I was fine with no new Zelda announced. I didn't even really expect it.
Last year was definitely the year for Zelda. It was the year I finally got into it :D

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I definitely saw this coming.
The Oracles games will most definitely be on the e-Shop this year, Nintendo doesn't annouce those things really, especially not a E3, so i'll see a news post at ZeldaDungeon when they do release those two on the e-Shop.
I had a big feeling nothing Zelda would be out this year, but I do feel that we will get info on Zelda 3DS E3 2013 and it will be released later that year (like Spirit Tracks back in 2009).
We will probably see a Zelda Wii U trailer at E3 2-14like Twilight Princess at E3 2004, and then Zelda Wii U will be released that holiday season or in 2015.
Those are just my predictions...or do I have a DeLorean?

Like everyone else I wasn't surprised that it wasn't there but I still wanted it. We know they're working on two new Zelda games we just don't know what for or how far they're into it but they know something and i would have been nice to know just a little about it even if they said something like 'look forward to more announcements nearer autumn' or something and mentioned some names but not even that, oh well. I guess Zelda not being at E3 means that an announcement could be any day now which is kind of exciting. =]

I agree, it would have been to soon. Perhaps we will hear of a new 3DS title before the end of the year, because another year to wait for an announcement of a handheld game? That seems quite ridiculous in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom