• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch Third Party Month! What are you getting?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So, November actually marks something very rare for Nintendo gamers worldwide.... In that the Switch is actually getting third party support. So what games will, if any, are you picking up and why?

The games releasing/released on switch have been:

Sonic Forces
DOOM
Skyrim
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Revelations 2
L.A. Noire
Rime
Tell Tale's Batman
Rocket League
Lego Marvel

I think I am going to pick up Skyrim on the Switch, because I really need that game on the go, and it seems like an excellent port so far.

I am likely going to pick up DOOM later, perhaps when it goes on sale, but I am really excited to play it on the go.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I pre-purchased both Doom and Skyrim. I always preach the evils of pre-purchasing, but internet here in Bahrain is terrible, so I purchased them just for the option to pre-load.

While I've already played the heck out of both games on PC, they're both games I go back to on a regular basis, and the prospect of having them on the go is brilliant.

Other than those two? I'll probably pick up Rocket League and Lego Marvel 2. I've never played Rocket League before, so it's a fresh experience for me on the Switch, while Lego Marvel is a sequel to what is easily the best and most original Lego game, so I'll wind up purchasing it at some point.

I'm hearing plenty of mixed things about Sonic Forces, so I'm a bit hesitant to toss money at it. I'm a big fan of 2D Sonic games and Sonic Generations, so it appeals to me, but still.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Sonic Forces for me. I know it looks better and runs smoother on the other consoles, but it looks fine to me from all the footage I've seen of it on Switch. Plus, the only real graphical difference I've spotted are the environmental textures, and you're just zooming by them anyway. The portability is also a huge factor for me and it's gonna be a lot cheaper on black Friday too, so I'll definitely pick that up.

I already have Doom on Xbox and I don't really care to have a portable version either. I'd also rather get the Xbox remaster of L.A. Noire as well. I would have been all for getting Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 on the Switch, but I got really turned off on it when I heard you're only getting the first game physical and a download code for the second. Why couldn't they just stuff another cartridge into that box or at least make them separate releases since there will most definitely be another game in that series? Typical Capcom.

the Switch is actually getting third party support
The Switch has been getting 3rd party support since March of this year. Good games too have some out of it, I've bought a few of them. So this month is not really that special, it's just continued 3rd party support for the Switch.

Of your list the only one I have preordered is RIME.

I finally settled on buying Sonic Forces for the Switch instead of the PS4. The Switch's portability has been far more convenient for me than I could have ever anticipated, to the point where unless it's a super graphically intensive game and I absolutely need 60 fps, I'm going with the Switch as the console of choice.

Sonic Forces is decent, kind of disappointed because I was really hoping for the potential of the boost formula to finally be realized. The opposite happened, and I'm sad to say I think we're at the end of the boost formula's life cycle. I don't regret buying it for the $40 it cost, but I'm sad that the good streak Sonic had going on for a while seems to definitely be at a mediocre end. At least Mania was incredible.

I'll either be getting Skyrim for the Switch or Final Fantasy XII HD for the PS4 for my birthday at the end of the month. It'll probably be FFXII because I haven't played that awesome game in years, but I definitely want to get Skyrim at some point.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Skyrim I'm getting on release, and then I'm gonna try to get RiME around christmas. That's it. I've never played Skyrim and I figure I'd try it to see what all the fuss is about. If nothing else I'll probably enjoy walking around. I've been waiting for RiME to come out on the Switch for months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom