• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo releases 10 minute TotK gameplay video

The runes were abilities through the Sheikah Slate; if Zelda has the Sheikah Slate then I'm not sure if the runes are coming back. These are abilities commanded through his hand. I'd love to be proven wrong though; all of the runes but cryonis seem to have some sort of hand counterpart here.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I reckon fuse will be the thing that every open world game for the next few years will try to rip off from TotK. It's such a great idea. I loved the gameplay showcase. May can't come soon enough.
I'm looking forward to fusing three sticks and a mop together and wiping the grins off my enemies' faces from 30 feet away

except I suspect you can't actually do that

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't watch the gameplay video since I will leave that for when I am actually playing the game.

Preorders for the OLED console and pro controller open in an hour here. I just discussed on the weekend with some friends how nice the OLED console is after seeing one of theirs and said I'll only get one if they bring out a Zelda one. RIP my wallet, I wasn't planning to spend $700 today but here we are.

Looks dope. Love the new hand abilities; Ultrahand seems to be ''Magnesis, but not just for metal'' which would've been cool to have in BotW as a ''Magnesis+'' upgrade akin to the + upgrades for Stasis and bombs. Fuse opens up SO many new possibilities for weapons and combat; now we have a reason to hold onto weaker weapons we find. Love the atmosphere of the sky islands. The ambient music I was able to hear there is alluring yet dangerous, and the trees look gorgeous.

May 12 can't get here fast enough.

OH, and I guess we know for a fact now that the Zonai will play a part, so...there's that too.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't know if it's because I was/am really sick, but I wasn't too impressed with what they showed. It looks like a lot of the same stuff we've seen already and while it is game changing and alleviates the tedium of the more samey aspects it shares with Breath of the Wild like traversal, collecting materials again, and weapons breaking, I'm just a little tired of this slow reveal approach. I'm still excited for this game, but this is definitely one of those things I'll appreciate more in practice but don't really care to see more of in this type of format before release.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Link's getting a pokemon team confirmed! Sigilyph, Doublade, Decidueye, SableEye, Dragonite, and Mudsdale.
I still contend it's "them". 100% CONFIRMED #prophesy #flatwoodsmonster #zomgwallhax.

So glad we have weapon durability again. I definitely don't want it for other Zelda games (although bombs/arrows/magic were an analogous mechanic) but it makes so much sense for BotW and TotK. And this time we get a "crafting" mechanic that isn't just a crafting table with a list of recipes but an implementation that feels really Nintendo. This will definitely help to mitigate the issue of holding on to the best weapons and the rare cases of running out of weapons at frustrating moments. Besides that, it will help to repair the issue of the low monster variety from Breath of the Wild. Now, even with a slim monster variety (although it looks like Tears of the Kingdom has already improved this) Even a camp of bokoblins can offer variety through weapons that do elemental damage, track, blow you away, or spear you from a distance. I still don't care for the vehicles in general, but since this world seems like it's going to be huge (note the x, y, and z axis on the compass), I think they'll really feel like just an organic part of the world that don't become too OP like the master cycle zero.

I didn't want them to show us anything before the release, but since they did, I was excited to see if Link would dive underwater. They didn't show us, so I'm still on pins and needles about that possibility. If we're going to do subterranean and atmospheric exploration, it would be yet another huge opportunity if they built gameplay for submarine play.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It truly does look like The Legend of Zelda: Nuts N Bolts.

It looks nice but I'd like to know if they are going for a richer storytelling this time because if they are then I can really get into it. I'd like something that enriches the lore this time around as BoTW felt like a teaser for this.

I will say I am not pleased to see the weapon breaking mechanic remains present in the game. I was hoping for a more combat focused experience where we are encouraged to learn enemy fighting patterns in order to beat them like in previous Zelda games pre BoTW or Dark Souls & Elden Ring and not have to break immersion in combat to swap out dodgy weapons with the quality of glass, but its likely that we just need to unga bunga them with these new makeshift clobbering weapons.

The new rune/ hand abilities look good. I wonder if the old runes will return from the previous game or not or whether we will get an entirely new set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom