• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo DS 2?

Austin

Austin
I'm confused. I thought I was clear that this isn't going to be like the DS, DS Lite, and the DSi? With recent news updates, the name is now 3DS. I simple chose DS 2 because it was simple.

I'm going to be hesitant about buying it. 1, I have a feeling they'll make 2 or more versions of this new handheld. I don't want to be stuck with the first version and have them release newer, better version. 2, what games will they release for it? I'm not one to buy a console just for a few games. 3, is it going to be backward compatible? I want to be able to play my old DS games on it.

@Tom
This isn't the first time Nintendo has done this. Look at the Gameboy and GBA. They released several version of it. I fortunately waited for the GBA SP, since there weren't any games I wanted out till the GBA SP came out.

To be honest, I'm sort of shocked they didn't do it with the Wii. They didn't even do an official release of multi-colors consoles for the US (I don't even think they did any sort of release).

I guess this is RIP to the gameboy series! =( I'll miss the old gameboy consoles.

jugglaj91

I am me....
Actually the 3DS name is just a placeholder and isn't confirmed. Like the Wii was called Revolution. As for it being a new DS i think it will be. The DS series has sold like crazy and I think it will be an improved version that does 3D gaming justice, assuming Nintendo doesn't drop that altogether for a different approach. Nintendo doesn't have a high fail rate, and has been around for far longer than the Playstation and Xbox so they must be doing something right and I trust they will deliver. I think it is time to bring out a new handheld anyway.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Just to clear things up, it's not another DS version. In the couple news reports I've read about it, it's a completely new hard ware series. Remember the move from the GBA series to the DS series? It's exactly like that. The name 3DS is a placeholder name and is very likely to change as the Wii was originally under the beta title of Revolution for the two years it was known to the public until in 2006 they announced the official name was the Wii. It's also similar to how the DSi's code name was Twilight. 3DS is most likely a code name.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Nintendo really needs to make a new DS this quickly? I've just gotten myself a DSi for Christmas and they have this new 3-D DS and the DSi XL. I really hope they don't make the DSi obsolete when they start making 3DS games.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I have heard several things about the DSi XL. I am also curious as to what major differences there are to the gameplay experience and the overall design and experience of the system. Honestly, I just think it another piece of gaming software that Nintendo wants to show off, because they think they are such bigshots, no offense or anything.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Holy crap that thing's gigantic! I think that thing's bigger than the Sega Game Gear! If that's an actual image, I'm very shocked and stunned! How can that thing pass as a "portable" game system if it's half as big as a magazine?

No way......That cannot be it. It was in their rumours section...so maybe they made up the whole thing about nintendo saying it was taken without permission. Or maybe it was a prototype of some other console they're working on?

T

TheLastLink

^ :hmm:...
anyway, i am really starting to doubt that these pic are real. i know a thing or two about photos, and these just look fake. if you look closely,
you can see the paste marks around the buttons. I'm willing to bet that the buttons
were animated beforehand, and just pasted on afterward.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Nintendo 3DS.

As far as I have looked, there is no thread identical to this one. Since I am obviously too lazy to check the rest of the forum, it's my fault for there to be a duplicate thread. I actually do see one that could be mentioned a duplicate, titled, "DS2." However I don't consider that duplicate, as they don't mention the 3DS until one of the most recent posts.

I don't know why nobody has posted about this, as I have just heard about it.

Apparently Nintendo has announced yet another Nintendo DS console. All I have to say about the subject is: Damn, Nintendo. 3 Nintendo DS's announced in one year.

Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

Japanese Youtube Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_P4gyjf5tQ&NR=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom