• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo 3DS Update Now Available

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
The update is available here in Europe. I can confirm a Mario Kart 7 puzzle (40 pieces, eight of which cannot be bought with play coins) and a sequel to Find Mii/Streetpass Quest, complete with new hats (I've unlocked a Top Hat, a Yoshi Hat and an Arwing Hat). Also, there are now achievements for "meet 100 people", "meet five males in a row" and other criteria. A map lets you see where the people you met through Streetpass are coming from, and a music player lets you play the tunes of the Mii Plaza Channel.

Combined with the available games and the upcoming GBA downloads for early adopters, this makes the 3DS a lot more interesting again. Getting all the new 3D puzzles will be quite the challenge.

The update is available here in Europe. I can confirm a Mario Kart 7 puzzle (40 pieces, eight of which cannot be bought with play coins) and a sequel to Find Mii/Streetpass Quest, complete with new hats (I've unlocked a Top Hat, a Yoshi Hat and an Arwing Hat). Also, there are now achievements for "meet 100 people", "meet five males in a row" and other criteria. A map lets you see where the people you met through Streetpass are coming from, and a music player lets you play the tunes of the Mii Plaza Channel.

Combined with the available games and the upcoming GBA downloads for early adopters, this makes the 3DS a lot more interesting again. Getting all the new 3D puzzles will be quite the challenge.

While I've never been a fan of these Streetpass games, Nintendo sure knows how to support unique system features!

I agree with this. For I was kinda getting bored... but now it's fun again! ( it never wasn't fun, but it was getting boring...) :P

Night Owl

~Momentai
I checked before I went to bed And I Was able to download it. :) Finally more reasons to play with Mii Plaza :D I've unlocked yoshi hat, arwing hat, and pirate hat. I have a starfox 64 puzzle though. You can also Join friends games depending on the game thy are playing.

Last edited:

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
do you think we will be able to post the videos we make on our 3DS onto youtube?
I doubt it because youtube can't do 3d and the videos would probably be horrible quality in 2d. Not that it would be the best quality anyway.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I can confirm that there is a pilot wings resort puzzle in there too. I want the other ones though.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Not a big update, but noteworthy: In Germany (possibly all of Europe), we can download the free Eurosport channel from the 3DS shop. Through spotpass, this channel downloads 3D sport clips. Right now, it's nothing but collections of short clips, America's Funniest Homevideo style (car crashes, motocross stunts, etc), but who knows what is yet to come?

I've noticed on a few 3DSes?, that they have a 3D video symbol on the home screen. Is that real? or do you just have to go through 3D photo like I have been doing?

Just thought to ask, it's not like I'm gonna die going through 3D photo but it's somewhat useful. Anyways I hope this update is a movement toward the ability to put 3D movies on the 3DS. I don't have Netfix so I'm stuck there.

Also, it would be awesome if YouTube and Nintendo worked something out so it could also be on the 3DS. Probably Adobe Flash needs to be incorporated also...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom