• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Zelda Game Idea - Sequel to AoL

I thought about a new Zelda game where it was a sequel to AoL but it's not a continuation from the actual ending when you beat it, no I'm talking about another split or "what-if" sequel and that's where it continues from the game over screen because it does show the return of Ganon. Now this may sound funny I know but think about it. Just because it is the return of Ganon doesn't necessarily mean that's the end of it all because other Link's can come and stop him again. I mean after all, that's what seems to happen in the Zelda world, a new Hero or Link rises and challenges Ganon. What would make a continuation from AoL's game over screen any different here? Look at the backstory to the TWW. Ganon was sealed but came back but there was no hero to stop him not until years and years later when the Link from TWW stopped him and that's from a split. They can do the same thing again with a sequel to AoL from the game over screen I think. It still may sound funny but remember they've already did it with OoT's game over screen if you were to lose to Ganon :P

Please I'd like to hear what you think but be nice. I think it's a good idea. :nod:

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Yeah, why not? I know I'd like to see a continuation of the "failed" timeline, and see some of the old-school enemies return.

However, I doubt that they'd make it obvious like you did- outside of HH, there's nothing that would directly imply that ALttP was due to the Hero of Time's death in OoT. They would probably just continue the timeline from Zelda II, and maybe add a WW type of opening.

This is also assuming this isn't a direct sequel and it wouldn't use Zelda II's gameplay. A game titled Zelda III at this point would just be weird.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
By it being an ending to the Game Over screen, this idea would qualify as another "what if" situation. Just thought I'd let you know.

No, I don't think this would be a good idea. It would take years for another Link to be old enough to defeat Ganon, and by that point, the world would be his. I guess there could be a case of "kid in captivity grows up and defeats evil king", but... I don't know how I feel about that. I guess I wouldn't care, but it's not my preference for a Zelda story. Plus, it being another "what if" situation would be plain pathetic.

Personally, I would be interested in a game of that nature. I would very much like for that portion of the timeline to be continued. My only requirement is that the title boasts the same style as AoL.

The problem with this, however, is completely messing up the timeline. Couldn't Link hypothetically fail in every Zelda game then? In that respect, it should be a sequel after Link is successful on his quest, not a failure.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
"Miyamoto Order" makes sense here - if Link loses against Dark Link, then revived Ganon takes the Triforce of Courage from the Great Palace, and two other Triforces from the North Castle. The result is the Imprisoning War, Seven Sages seals Ganon in the Sacred Realm - this leads to A Link to the Past.

Time line oh time line why must you be so complex. I'm really surprised they actually stuck with it though instead of taking in the easy way out and do a reboot of the series.

Time line oh time line why must you be so complex. I'm really surprised they actually stuck with it though instead of taking in the easy way out and do a reboot of the series.

There is still time for them to do a reboot, perhaps the release of the HH marks the end of zelda as we know it and they were wrapping it up with all the knowledge available of the last 25 years.. doubt it though if they rebooted it it'd end up being largely the same anyway.

I'd like to see a failed timeline continuation and a big part of me thinks Nintendo will do one very soon just to give that timeline a bit more gravitas, a lot of people are dismissing it as a 'what if' and thinking it has no meaning or bearing on the story as a whole, but the split of child and adult is essentially what if... what if link didnt go back to tell zelda of Ganon's plans.. boom WW. and Marvel comics have a whole series based on 'what if' and that does well, i dont think any less should be thought of the decline timeline because it can be dismissed as a what if... to me its very intriguing and isn't plagued by a foursword/minish sideline type of affair, the 'what if/decline' timeline, to me, feels more concise than the adult timeline and the origin timeline before oot.

The decline idea is a very intriguing idea. we've seen the desolate world of TP and the rich world of WW-ST, if nintendo created a modern game at the end of the decline timeline then what would the world look like? baron? decayed? beyond hope? Maybe we'll get a darker Zelda game again. Child and adult timeline threads have very unique styles to them, i wonder if Nintendo will bring yet another graphical style to the new timeline to set it apart from the others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom