• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Skyward Sword Gameplay Videos from Gamescom 2010

Last edited:
pretty cool. tho it didnt look like the enemies were putting up much of a fight, especially for a stalfos. hopefully that was just for demo purposes and didnt have a high level of difficulty.

H

HammerOfHutch

I agree, the stalfos wasn't even trying, I assume this is because they want to easily show of the sword combat without the stalfos fighting back but I do hope that nintendo ramp up the difficulty to go along with the new controls

Steve

5/19/13
It's cool to hear some of the scores, though I can't tell if they're orchestrated, or not. I also noticed Link also sounds more like Adult Link did in Ocarina of Time, than the Link of Twilight Princess.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
The stalfos seemed really difficult to kill. It took like 5+ hits!
What if there were multiple stalfos coming at you?! :S
The controls and everything look awesome though. Can't wait to get my hands on that goodness.

The music here is amazing! I hope there is great music throughout the game. Anyway, the Stalfos didn't really move at all. He was just standing there waiting for you to attack. I hope Nintendo works on this to make it a hard enemy.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
it also seems as though you cant get hurt from just touching a stalfos they actually have to attack you. if it's the same with most foes then it makes them all a lot less fearsome. to me anyway.

but still, the videos are awesome and they are in really good quality too!!! Props 2 Ryan =D

Yeah the Stalfos did look pretty easy. Remember it was a demo though. As HammerOfHutch said, Nintendo made it to show off the new control scheme and how it worked, not necessarily for challenge. It just so happened the people at E3 seemed to be really bad at Zelda...

Another thing I noticed is the guy not locking on. Is he doing that because he doesn't know how Zelda works? Probably not, he's from IGN. Maybe it's actually easier to battle the enemies without locking on? I have no idea. In my personal opinion locking on makes the battles look more intense as opposed to than Link just standing there.

Another cool thing they brought back is the orchestral hits when you hit an enemy with your sword. That was always so satisfying in Wind Waker. I'm sure Nintendo will make great use of it now with a real orchestra.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Thanks for posting!

Really nice to see some new-ish stuff. Link's voice and the music sounds great. I'm really liking the sword effects.. The slashes give off a very powerful sense. Cool stuff, can't wait to see more.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Whoa, nice find!
=D
The animation looks awesome; voice a bit odd, but I think I could get used to it.
Though, doesn't the sword look a little....long?
It looks like it's almost as tall as Link! You can compare by the sheath.
Either way, looks like fun.
As everyone said before; I hope they take the difficulty up a notch.
TP was already easy enough. :P

G

Gon-Gorooon

Cool Vide. And it looks like link has a new spin attack.
Huh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom