• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Item?

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
Been watching all the SS trailers again and found smthing in GDC trailer!!

there is an item , a bottle/container perhaps, holding a black fluid in it! What's your opinion about it! \

the item is shown near 00:15-00:16 at GDC trailer!

Ps: if this has been mentioned again , moderators delete this thread! ty!

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I also think it looks like a potion but hadn't the potions there own item menu?

Of course there are going to be new items of all kinds in the game. I can guarantee you that by the time the game comes out, there'll be tons of new items and weapons of all kinds that we've yet to hear about at this time.

Especially with the crazy-*** confirmed upgrade system, I think we can expect all manner of odd collectibles. There'll be tons of stuff like this in the game, trust me. :xd:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
it looks to me like a prototype Hookshot... if you zoom in and look closely, you can see the point on the end and a place for the hand in the back.

Hookshot.png
Here's a picture

M

Morningspirit23

it's probalby posion, or smthing like the blue fire in OoT, or very, very rare chu jelly that is like the elixer soup in WW, except it could also have double defense. Just a thought...

I see what looks like a Lantern or a Hookshot. ...or a light bulb?:P

I really like the idea of a Magnetic Hookshot, Caelus; I wonder exactly how it would work. :yes:

Oh, wow, I see. I really hope it isn't a Hookshot... I was hoping to have the Whip instead and use it for swinging from stuff instead of pulling yourself over to them... -.-

It looks like it could be the Hookshot, for sure, or perhaps something else. I really don't know, but it's definitely not a bottled item. Hm, you know, it actually vaguely looks like it could be a modified beetle. It vaguely resembles the closed wings of a totally different kind of beetle, and even sorta looks like it might have horns. We know there's item upgrading, so that's possible, at least, although probably unlikely.

I hope it's something new entirely, or a lantern of some kind. I'd love to see Twilight Princess' lantern mechanics return.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Hey Axle, remember in the Wind Waker (played it over 20 times!) you get the grappling hook, and the hookshot? both kinda do the same thing, like in spirit tracks,(played that too) you used the whip to swing over ledges, so it's possible it's a hookshot, or like you said, an upgraded version of the beetle. . .

Hey Axle, remember in the Wind Waker (played it over 20 times!) you get the grappling hook, and the hookshot? both kinda do the same thing, like in spirit tracks,(played that too) you used the whip to swing over ledges, so it's possible it's a hookshot, or like you said, an upgraded version of the beetle. . .
I'm fully aware of it happening in The Wind Waker, actually. That's exactly what I don't want to happen. While the Grappling Hook was probably a little too limited, having a limited item for moving across gaps was a lot more interesting than the simple point and shoot Hookshot. Expanding off the mechanics of the Grappling Hook would have been amazing. But no, you simply got the Hookshot, which essentially made the Grappling Hook useless and pointless to even exist in the game.

As you said, it's possible. I'd even say very possible. But from a game design standpoint, I think it's bad news. I want each individual weapon in Skyward Sword to be very useful and frequently used throughout the game, not replaced shortly later by another weapon. :(

If the item in question is indeed a Hookshot. I hope it has upgrades(possibly?) that each integrate the functions and ideas from other iterations of similar "grasping/grappling items" in the Zelda series (or at least most) into one!

It will be like a multipurpose, all-in-one Hook/Claw/Grappling-shot(sucky name? ...I know) that can be effectively utilized throughout Link's journey. Hopefully, it won't supersede another item and/or render it totally obsolete this way...

If the item in question is indeed a Hookshot. I hope it has upgrades(possibly?) that each integrate the functions and ideas from other iterations of similar "grasping/grappling items" in the Zelda series (or at least most) into one!

It will be like a multipurpose, all-in-one Hook/Claw/Grappling-shot(sucky name? ...I know) that can be effectively utilized throughout Link's journey. Hopefully, it won't supersede another item and/or render it totally obsolete this way...
Lol, like a Swiss Army Shot. That would be kinda epic if they did do that. :xd: Although what would they add from the rest of the series that a normal Hookshot can't do and the Whip doesn't do? The Whip will probably be usable for swinging, so that's out... The Clawshot was really just a downgraded Hookshot; it was a Hookshot that could target less kinds of objects... mostly grates and vines. The only special upgrade was the second Clawshot, and I don't know how that could be worked into an upgrade aside from, you know, getting a second clawshot. :xd: There's the Switch Hook from Oracle of Ages, but that's also not something that could be easily worked in as an upgrade; what if you just wanted to get pulled over, not switch with the object? Not to mention the idea of a Switch Hook sorta doesn't make sense and only worked in OoA visually because of the simplistic graphics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom